Gaming community ?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in being able to chat, voice chat and share interests freely with members of our Luving community outside of Muv-Luv related topics ?

• Heck yeah !
    • Hell no !
    • Uh.. This is a tough call… (post a comment if needed)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

Following this thread:

I was wondering if some of you are interested in interacting through chat and possibly even voice chat in real time. Sure, we've assembled for the Luv but this could be an opportunity for some of us to gather in a group and just share our interests as a whole for stuff which is not necessarily Muv-Luv if you're scared about spoilers and such.

If you're already part of a community, feel free to share your experience as well. This might grant you new members so don't hesitate to promote your friendly groups ! Pretty sure this would help out more than a few people ! :)

There are a few solutions should we have our own place and sort of keep to ourselves if that's a big deal. I'm mainly thinking about voice chatting software such as Skype and tools especially built for this kind of purpose such as Slack and Discord but again, this is open to discussion. Moreso if you've had experience with certain solutions, feedback is important when having to choose something which works for everyone and is convenient enough.

Anyway, thanks for reading this regardless ! On to you guys !

Edited by Klashvorn

1 person likes this

An interesting idea :) I do have Skype but never used Slack or Discord before, I only ever heard about them twice.

Steam could be good as well, creating our own group if enough people use it.

I'm mostly interested in chat, I tend to only use voice-chat if I'm playing a game with others. Or watching someone play a game like in a stream.

1 person likes this

I was unaware it had its own Steam group, thanks for linking. :)

Yeah, I was thinking not necessarily Muv-Luv related and PC centric. But whatever works for you guys really :)

That reminds me, feel free to add me on Steam, I certainly welcome new contacts and friends since I don't use the community features that much ! Aaaaaand I just realized I hadn't even joined the group haha, thanks for sharing ! :D

1 person likes this

It depends on what you want really. Skype is good for group chats, and calls if need be. I don;t know of any other programs...
A group( skype or whatever) for other interests would appeal more to me.
It has been quite a few years since i played any Muv-Luv, and add that with a bad memory. 

1 person likes this

Bumping this for people interested in Discord.

I'm trying it out and it seems pretty neat as you can create your own server and have multiple channels for text and voice chats. It has desktop and mobile apps available as well as a web version so this is pretty friendly on the go too. The text chatting is modern-like, meaning most common media automatically get thumbnails, including animated GIFs.

I can definitely see the appeal as a game community tool ^^

I've set up a few roles for managing the server and channels :

Captain -> can moderate messages, mute, deafen and move members between voice channels as well as kick and ban members

Colonel -> can manage channels

Commander -> can manage the server

While these can be assigned individually, the point would be that a Colonel also has the Captain role and the Commander has both Colonel and Captain roles.

I haven't looked at bot integration for moderating but will do so if there's a need for it.

Anyway, here's the current structure:

Text channels

#announcements -> for posting global announcements, read only for "non-staff" users

#muv-luv_announcements -> for posting Muv-Luv related announcements, read only for "non-staff" users

#general -> global chat, this is the channel linked with the invite in my previous post

#muv-luv -> Muv-Luv related chat

Voice channels

General -> Talk about whatever

Muv-Luv -> Talk about Muv-Luv stuff

AFK -> In case you become idle

Of course, new channels can be added as needed so consider this the basic setup for the server.

If you're on the fence about using Discord because there is no personal contacts list, you'll be happy to know a friends list feature was just added ! Now, you can add friends directly by looking up their unique tag or email (which can be turned off), there's no need to be part of the same server to initiate direct messages anymore. There's also a blocking option included.

For instance, you can request to add me by searching for Klashvorn#0279 with the new option available.

This is a big plus for people who only use text chat on Skype, this is a good opportunity to follow your friends who already use Discord and are asking you to ditch the former xD

We might start meeting up on the Discord server for voice chatting on Sundays (well, 2 people so far as of this post :P). I might set up an additional channel for this purpose (and name it appropriately) if people still want to use the General one in parallel but we'll see I suppose.

If this is the kind of initiative you can get behind, feel free to join even if it's just listening in as the plan would be to talk about VNs for now, possibly covering other topics in the future. The timeframe is not completely set since we have to figure out the best middle ground for potential participants so don't hesitate to share suggestions. Feedback is greatly appreciated ! :)

I am pleased to share this piece of information that some of you who are already on the Discord server may already know.

We have a very important guest among us:

yuuhi-on-discord.png

4 people like this

I've added a feature which may interest some of you (or not lol)

Yuuhi is now able to watch for updates on RSS feeds that I tell her to keep a lookout for. She's currently monitoring and posting new entries on the following channels:

- #announcements -> Niche Gamer

- #muv-luv_announcements -> Alternative projects, Aalt's blog

Edit: I'm open to suggestions of course ! Don't hesitate to share sources you find interesting. These can also help fuel conversations on the server after all :)

Edited by Klashvorn

A quick shoutout to @theglob and his Discord channel mainly focused on Muv-Luv and other âge titles so feel free to check it out as well if you're interested :)

I should've done this before since I replied on his thread but hey, better late than never ! :P

Anywayyy...

The Discord in question : https://discord.gg/0wXwnqY9lQcO0u0E

And here's the link to mine as a reminder : https://discord.gg/0s0vu7eghLNvi96b

Happy chatting !

1 person likes this

Thanks for the shoutout. Keep spreading the Luv everyone :)

1 person likes this