SuperKimxD

Oh good, there's a whole forum of other people who've had their hearts ripped out!

7 posts in this topic

Hi! :D I'm Kim. I read Muv-Luv in December of 2013, and since then, it's had a pretty large influence on me and my life xD. Aside from talking about it all the time and ensuring that every single one of my friends has the resources to read it (I've asked around 45 people to read it and provided them with the resources to do so, at this point), I've also mentioned the trilogy in projects as a way of assessing personal growth. To this day, Muv-Luv remains my favorite story in any form, as well as an incredibly valuable experience that I treasure. I still have some traces of my reactions when I was first reading it, so if you're curious about that, go ahead and ask.

I'm 19 years old, and I'm pursuing a PhD in astronomy. I'm really hyper, cheerful, and enthusiastic about a lot of things! I'll talk for ages about things that I care about, which will be listed here as well :D I'm very passionate about my interests, and if you share any of them or want to know more about them, please tell me, since I'd love to discuss them!

My interests and other things that I love:
Europa, astronomy in its entirety, and science as a whole. I also like math and learning in general (I'm basically a huge nerd)
Muv-Luv, of course!
- Anime and visual novels
- Spoken word poetry (Here's my favorite poem ever, from one of my favorite poets!)
- Figure skating, specifically Mirai Nagasu
Myers-Briggs typology (I'm an ENFP)
- Animating and editing videos (I animate Maplestory sprites ^^; Here's my current work in progress)
- Drawing (Some of my work)
- Gaming (PC, Nintendo DS/3DS, Wii/WiiU)

Lastly, if you're curious, here's what I look like.

5 people like this

Love how your cat photobombed!

Welcome! Such a nice intro! Thanks for spreading the luv as well :)

Hello and welcome :D

Damn wish I knew someone earlier before the kickstarter ended that would of shown me the amazing Muv-Luv.
But anyway nice intro! :)

Wait, you're pursuing a PhD at 19? Don't tell me you're one of those kid genius types who skipped their entire senior year at high school because they were so awesome.

Anyway, nice to meet you! I'm a 23 year old heterosexual male from India who's (unsuccessfully) trying for a PhD in life sciences. I'll let you know if my situation improves.

As for me, I've read a handful of scenes from all the Muv-Luv VNs, but I haven't been able to play them in their entirety. But anime, video games and the like are a huge part of my life. So huge that sometimes I wish my career wouldn't get in the way, hehe.

Also, I've self-published a book (http://www.amazon.com/Blessed-Skies-Pulak-Kumar/dp/1514780046/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455287156&sr=8-1&keywords=pulak+kumar) and you can find me on Twiiter (https://twitter.com/doofenshmertz) and Tumblr (http://derivativeguy.tumblr.com/)

21 hours ago, SuperKimxD said:

I'm really hyper, cheerful, and enthusiastic about a lot of things! I'll talk for ages about things that I care about, which will be listed here as well :D I'm very passionate about my interests, and if you share any of them or want to know more about them, please tell me, since I'd love to discuss them!

Heck yes ! More passionate people ! Moooooore !

21 hours ago, SuperKimxD said:

My interests and other things that I love:
Europa, astronomy in its entirety, and science as a whole. I also like math and learning in general (I'm basically a huge nerd)
Muv-Luv, of course!
- Anime and visual novels
- Spoken word poetry (Here's my favorite poem ever, from one of my favorite poets!)
- Figure skating, specifically Mirai Nagasu
Myers-Briggs typology (I'm an ENFP)
- Animating and editing videos (I animate Maplestory sprites ^^; Here's my current work in progress)
- Drawing (Some of my work)
- Gaming (PC, Nintendo DS/3DS, Wii/WiiU)

We'll be getting along nicely it seems, as with pretty much everyone else here haha :)

Welcome to the community ! ;)

9 hours ago, PulakK said:

Wait, you're pursuing a PhD at 19? Don't tell me you're one of those kid genius types who skipped their entire senior year at high school because they were so awesome.

Anyway, nice to meet you! I'm a 23 year old heterosexual male from India who's (unsuccessfully) trying for a PhD in life sciences. I'll let you know if my situation improves.

As for me, I've read a handful of scenes from all the Muv-Luv VNs, but I haven't been able to play them in their entirety. But anime, video games and the like are a huge part of my life. So huge that sometimes I wish my career wouldn't get in the way, hehe.

Also, I've self-published a book (http://www.amazon.com/Blessed-Skies-Pulak-Kumar/dp/1514780046/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455287156&sr=8-1&keywords=pulak+kumar) and you can find me on Twiiter (https://twitter.com/doofenshmertz) and Tumblr (http://derivativeguy.tumblr.com/)

A PhD is my long term goal xD I've got the next ten or so years of my life mapped out.

Also, I'm not technically 19 yet, I'm 5 days away from that xD

18 hours ago, SuperKimxD said:

A PhD is my long term goal xD I've got the next ten or so years of my life mapped out.

Also, I'm not technically 19 yet, I'm 5 days away from that xD

Hi Kim! Welcome to the forums, we hope you enjoy your stay here and advanced happy birthday as well! :) 

2 people like this