THN

Quantum Suicide: Sing along!

102 posts in this topic

@THN Kicktraq doesn't take PayPal into account because there's no real way to track it. Same for StatBackr--there just isn't a reliable way to pull in the statistics, so it has to be left out.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Connor Krammer said:

@THN Kicktraq doesn't take PayPal into account because there's no real way to track it. Same for StatBackr--there just isn't a reliable way to pull in the statistics, so it has to be left out.

Thank you for the explanation! That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.

It's a pity, because PayPal money is collected instantly, unlike KickStarter does with credit cards (which allows troll pledges).

Anyway, UPDATE...

PS VITA PORT!!!

(Digital, not physical, but hey! PlayStation Vita! Everybody loves PS Vita!)

And it's not a stretch goal. It's ALREADY confirmed, and you can order it as a 40 AUD add-on.

(Yes, it IS an add-on... But you can just pledge 1 Aussie Dollar and then add the other 40.)

I can barely write this post (damn minuscule touchscreen with autocorrect and no physical keyboard), so I can't put links at the moment.

Please refer to the KickStarter page for more info.

Edit: Here's the link to the PS Vita Port!

Edited by THN
Added PS Vita price

MORE UPDATES:

1. Remember the "12 hours, 12 games" Twitch event?

Well, the games have been chosen (you can read the list here). It will be Sunday 28, 9 AM - 9 PM AEST.

2. New Add-On: Let's play with MoltenCherry!

If the Twitch event is not enough for you...

You can play with MoltenCherry (or against her!) in your favourite game! There are many platforms avalaible (sadly, Amstrad CPC is not one of them...). And if you choose PC or PS4, you can even stream your game on Twitch! Also, you can have an AMA session during play.

Read this link for details.

Oh ? I think this is the first time I've seen such an add-on haha :D

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, THN said:

PS VITA PORT!!!

So, we are teaming up with the guys over at Sekai Project to get the Vita release to happen!

Laughed so hard I almost die.

Hi, Klashvorn , good to see you! Has France's Finest TSF pilot joined the Quantumers?

19 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Oh ? I think this is the first time I've seen such an add-on haha :D

Yes! Of course, this is the first KickStarter with air fresheners as add-ons...

And speaking of add-ons, today they have revealed a new one: Keychains! Or phone danglies, if you prefer.

Price? 10 AUD each. Free postage with more physical rewards, or 15 AUD without them.

The 7 main characters (3 waifus, 3 husbandos, and of course AI) are avalaible.

And speaking of waifus... We're pretty close! The Japanese translation is probably achieved right now (I'm not sure because of PayPal), so we only need 5K more and you can win a date with a cute killing spaceship computer!

Let's do it... For AMANDAAAAAA!

(Apologies for the lack of pics and links, I'll edit this post once I have proper internet access and a good old physical keyboard.)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, THN said:

Hi, Klashvorn , good to see you! Has France's Finest TSF pilot joined the Quantumers?

W-W-W-W-What are you talking about !? France's finest !? Is this how you see me !? O.o

As said before, I'm trying to be more conservative for now sooo…

1 person likes this

Hi, guys! Apologies for the delay, it's been a very busy weekend (ten songs in three days... Plus job stuff!) But the important thing is...

WE MADE IT!

UPDATE: Japanese Translation funded!

UPDATE: Dating AI funded!

UPDATE: 50 songs! (And one YouTube video!)

The KickStarter campaign was a huge success (specially considering the first one was a failure.) But (as we all TSF Pilots know)... The war is never over!

We can still get full Japanese Voice Acting!

The campaign raised 51.041 AUD (including PayPal payments, not shown in the KS page.) 

The Voice Acting stretch goal is priced at 70.000 AUD. Seems too much (specially after the campaign ends)? Not at all!

With 1081 backers (not counting late bird pledges), that means we just need 17.5 AUD per backer!

So you can still upgrade your pledge, add some cool add-ons (like the PS VITA port, a personalized AI glamour postcard, or the all-time favourite air fresheners!)... Or even join the Quantumers army! It's never too late!

Read the KickStarter page for details!

Let's do it... For AMANDAAAAAAAAAA!

On 27/2/2016 at 1:39 PM, Klashvorn said:

W-W-W-W-What are you talking about !? France's finest !? Is this how you see me !? O.o

As said before, I'm trying to be more conservative for now sooo…

Hi, @Klashvorn ! My bad, I meant World's Finest! (The Empress of Japan will never forgive me for this mistake.)

I hope you joined us in the last few minutes... But if not, never mind! Your kindness and funny comments helped me a lot during this campaign. And the same goes to @Connor Krammer , @PulakK , @FaceEater , @Balious and every other TSF Pilot who joined this thread. Thank you very much! I hope you enjoyed my songs. (If not, apologies!) If you liked them, I'll be writing more parodies on each of The Letter updates, so stay tuned! Some of them contains spooooooilers...

Edited by THN

2 people like this

12 hours ago, THN said:

Hi, @Klashvorn ! My bad, I meant World's Finest! (The Empress of Japan will never forgive me for this mistake.)

That's even more over the top ! How am I supposed to respond to this !? O.o

12 hours ago, THN said:

I hope you joined us in the last few minutes... But if not, never mind! Your kindness and funny comments helped me a lot during this campaign.

Oh ? Glad I could make a difference then, though I'm not sure about the amount of help really xD

But yeah, as I've already stated recently, I'm sitting this one out so no hard feelings, okay ? ;)

Edited by Klashvorn

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

That's even more over the top ! How am I supposed to respond to this !? O.o

Over the top? Damn! I KNEW I missed a very important 80s song, but I didn't know which one! Thank you, @Klashvorn ! This will be my next The Letter parody!

Oh ? Glad I could make a difference then, though I'm not sure about the amount of help really xD

Well, as you can see, you're still helping me, so merci beaucoup!

But yeah, as I've already stated recently, I'm sitting this one out so no hard feelings, okay ? ;)

Of course! I only have feelings of gratitude.

(But if you change your mind about Quantum Suicide and/or The Letter... You know what to do!)

10 hours ago, Balious said:

Glad I could help out ^_^

You're welcome!

And now... UPDATE!

According to this post, waifu Nyx and waifu MoltenCherry want to make another YouTube video with one of my songs!

And they asked Quantumers which one they like the most.

I posted a link to this thread to help Quantumers to choose which one they prefer. (And also give Muv-Luv a little more exposure, which is always a good thing.)*

* Yes, I know Muv-Luv is orders of magnitude more popular (and rightly so!), but due to some bizarre circumstances, Quantum Suicide is known outside the traditional videogame/anime circuit. And I wish these people would discover Muv-Luv, too!

So, if you are a backer, just post a comment in the KS page with your favourite song. They are 50 to choose! (Well... 51, but Time of my life was already done.)

12 hours ago, THN said:

Over the top? Damn! I KNEW I missed a very important 80s song, but I didn't know which one! Thank you, @Klashvorn ! This will be my next The Letter parody!

12 hours ago, THN said:

Well, as you can see, you're still helping me, so merci beaucoup!

Haha, you're welcome though you're dodging the "issue" :P

12 hours ago, THN said:

Of course! I only have feelings of gratitude.

(But if you change your mind about Quantum Suicide and/or The Letter... You know what to do!)

You're not actually letting this one go, are you ? ^^'

12 hours ago, THN said:

According to this post, waifu Nyx and waifu MoltenCherry want to make another YouTube video with one of my songs!

Waifu ? Wait ! I thought you … ! But what about the Luv ? *confused panda*

But hey, more recognition ! Pretty neat ! ^^

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Klashvorn said:

You're not actually letting this one go, are you ? ^^'

Never! Great games deserve great backers!

Waifu ? Wait ! I thought you … ! But what about the Luv ? *confused panda*

The Luv is stronger than ever! From my Raptor cockpit (that runs on Linux), I swear I'll fight till the bitter end in the QS Japanese Voice Acting Battle!

But hey, more recognition ! Pretty neat ! ^^

Thank you, @Klashvorn ! I hope you like the chosen song.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, THN said:

Never! Great games deserve great backers!

When did I become one of these great ones !? xD

Geez, your opinion won't change huh ? I'm not in the spotlight at least so I should consider myself lucky lol

8 minutes ago, THN said:

Thank you, @Klashvorn ! I hope you like the chosen song.

This selection is no joke to be honest, so many of them ! And it's actually nice to see some familiar ones in there too :)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

This selection is no joke to be honest, so many of them ! And it's actually nice to see some familiar ones in there too :)

Thank you! Narrowing the list is going to be difficult... The first five of six songs were just quick jokes, so I doubt they want to make a YouTube video of them. But after Mandy, they are proper parodies, sometimes extremely detailed (like Nowhere Fast).

Also, I made the Over the Top cover, as promised!

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, THN said:

Also, I made the Over the Top cover, as promised!

From your comment:

And here's The Letter's third song! Thanks to @Klashvorn, the greatest TSF pilot of all time, for suggesting it.

So much for being unnoticed but thanks for the shoutout I guess, even though it was an accidental suggestion lol

And why am I the greatest now !? This is getting even more insane ! ^^''''''

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

And why am I the greatest now !?

Er... Because you're always helping people on this forum, from noobies to veterans? And you always do that with lots of kindness and sense of humour. And, above all, patience! (Specially with me...)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, THN said:

Er... Because you're always helping people on this forum, from noobies to veterans? And you always do that with lots of kindness and sense of humour. And, above all, patience! (Specially with me...)

W-What is this !? Is this a scheme to make me flustered !? xD

But yeah, we're in this together so this goes without saying, it is a community forum after all :)

And don't put yourself down ! You're just passionate, that's all ^^

1 person likes this

Thank you, @Klashvorn! You're the best!
Apologies for my late reply... My internet access was very limited during the last two weeks, and I've been working like crazy on The Letter (and I'm not just talking about my parody songs, 19 so far..)
Tomorrow there will be a HUGE update... Even if you didn't back the game, check it out; trust me, you'll love it.
But this is a Quantum Suicide thread (although both games happen in the same universe, and SoulSet too!) So, let's make...

THE DEFINITIVE (and unofficial) GUIDE TO QUANTUM SUICIDE'S BACKERKIT

(Or, as they said in Battlestar Galactica: FAQ!)

1. I didn't pledge during the campaign. Can I still pre-order the game and the rest of cool stuff?

YES!!!

2. How much money do we need to raise to fund Japanese Voice Acting?

The campaign raised 51K AUD (between KickStarter and PayPal), just enough to get the much coveted "AI as courtable option" stretch goal.
Japanese Voice Acting Stretch Goal is set at 70K AUD.
So, if every backer adds around 20 AUD to their pledge, we'll get full voice acting.
(If we could raise 120K, we would get Animated Cutscenes, too!)

UPDATE: As of April 4, we still need to raise 16062.16 AUD.

3. What's the BackerKit deadline?

July 1st 2016.

4. How are the shipping fees handled?

If your order contains any physical items (either reward or add-ons), you must add the postage cost as if it was another add-on. (Unlike other campaigns, BackerKit doesn't automatically adds your shipping cost to your order.)
Some things to remember:
A) Bulk orders are cheaper (meaning, additional items increase the postage fee, but only a fraction of the previous ones)
B) Your physical reward (if any) counts as one physical item.
C) Shipping to Australia, New Zealand and other Middle-Earth kingdoms is cheaper (I speak Quenya, does that qualify for a discount?)
D) Some physical add-ons (danglies and glamour portraits) are free if you order them with any other physical reward; otherwise you must pay (but not as much as with other physical items). 
E) MoltenCherry painstakingly checks every single order from her secret base in Japan. So if you "accidentaly" forget to place the postage add-on on your order, don't be surprised if Mothra and Gamera destroy your house for no particular reason.

The postage fees are:

Australia/NZ

1 physical item: 10 AUD
2-3 physical items: 17.50 AUD
4-5 physical items: 25 AUD

Rest of the world

1 physical item: 15 AUD
2-3 physical items: 22.50 AUD
4-5 physical items: 30 AUD

5. But what if I want more than 5 physical items?

According to this post, you must count the 6+ items like they were from a different order.

For example, if you order 6 items:

First 5 items: 30 AUD

6th item: 15 AUD

Grand total: 45 AUD postage fee

And if you order 7-8 items:

First 5 items: 30 AUD

Last 3 items: 22.50 AUD

Grand total: 52.50 AUD postage fee

Once you know how much it costs, place as many "postage add-ons" as needed on your order (you can mix and match them, no problem).

REMEMBER: Postcards and danglies have their own postage fees.

6. What digital add-ons are avalaible?

REMEMBER: If your order doesn't have physical items, you don't need to add the Postage Add-On.

• Game, Digital (PC): 20 AUD

For Windows, Mac and Linux. Just like your Raptor!

• Game, Digital (PS Vita): 40 AUD

No physical PS Vita, sorry!

• Soundtrack, Digital: 10 AUD

Alas, it doesn't have my songs...

• Artbook, Digital: 30 AUD

... But they will be in the Artbook! 

• Personalised Voice Message: 25 AUD

You can choose your character... And what they say! (No naughty things, thank you.)

• Play with MoltenCherry: 50 AUD

She will upload your defeat to Twitch... But you choose the game and the platform. (No hentai visual novels, thank you.)

• Tip Jar: 1-101 AUD

Generous Quantumers can also donate money to the cause.

7. What physical add-ons are avalaible?

• Game, Physical (PC): 60 AUD

VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES!!! Order while you still can.

• Postcard and Poster Set: 10 AUD

Includes an A3 Poster, a double sided A6 Postcard AND my favourite KickStarter reward of all time... THE AIR FRESHENER!!!

• Postcard and Poster Set with MoltenCherry Art: 15 AUD

Same as before, plus an exclusive hand-made drawing by our Aussie waifu.

• Soundtrack, Physical: 30 AUD

Same as digital, but it doubles as a frisbee.

• Artbook, Physical: 45 AUD

Same as digital, but it doubles as a lethal weapon.

• T-Shirt: 40 AUD

In several sizes.

• Danglies: 10 AUD

Either as keychain or phone strap. 7 different characters... Choose your waifu or husbando!
You can get up to 7 danglies with FREE shipping if there's another physical item on your order. If not, add 15 AUD for postage (10 AUD for Australia/NZ).

• AI Glamour Portrait: 10 AUD

Dedicated and signed by AI! (With a little help of MoltenCherry, because holograms are intangible...) And you can choose what she says! (No naughty things, thank you.)
Postage is FREE if you with other physical items... If not, add 5 AUD (3 AUD for Australia/NZ).

8. What is the Special Edition reward cost, postage-wise?

Despite including the physical copy and the postcard set, this reward counts as only one physical item.

9. And what if I order the physical edition plus the postcard set?

As MoltenCherry confirmed me in a private message, this counts as two physical items. Sorry!

(See? I told you should have pledged during the campaign!)

10. Are you sure all these games (Quantum Suicide, The Letter and SoulSet, among others) happen in the same universe?

Yes! Nayru's awesome SoulSet / Quantum Suicide crossover won the fanart contest, which means it will be featured in the game, so it's totally canon.
And Nayru is drawing a SoulSet / The Letter crossover right now, so... You do the math!
(And that's not counting my own songs and conferences...)

UPDATE: Here's the irrefutable proof, beyond any reasonable doubt. Isabella (dubbed by waifu Amanda Lee) from The Letter, Mariko from SoulSet and and The Protagonists from Quantum Suicide. (Also starring a space monkey.)

Ce_X7MxWwAAU9NU.png

SOURCE: MstMori (Thank you!)

By the way, if you missed the SoulSet campaign, you can still order Nayru's lovely visual novel on IndieGoGo. (And The Letter too!)

But even if you don't, you can support the game for free!
If they reach 100 #SoulSet hashtags before April 14, every character will have a pajama sprite!

Join the Pajama Party! Come on. You know you want to.

Let's do it... For AMANDAAAAAAAAA!

Edited by THN

1 person likes this

Hi, guys! I updated the playlist (it was about time!), including the 53rd song that, for some reason, I forgot to write a couple of weeks ago. I also updated the FAQ, thanks to The Powers That Be (aka MoltenCherry) answers. And finally, as you can see, I added a nice picture made by MstMori, one of SoulSet artists. I hope you like it!

Also, Quantum Suicide's latest update had tons of cool stuff, including a NEW character... Check it out!

(Needless to say, this means more songs!)

And speaking of songs, so far I made 27 for The Letter... I'd like to create another thread for posting a playlist, but I'm not sure if that would be asking too much, so if there's a forum Administrator reading this, could you please confirm if that's ok? Thank you!

1 person likes this

Oh, someone's made a Discord server for the Quantumers, pretty neat ! You might want to join @THN, these are great for keeping in touch as well as gaming. Think modernized IRC chats with voice chatting available as well :)

Hm.. This kinda makes me curious about the community.. Should I.. Wait no, I didn't contribute so.. Ugh..

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Oh, someone's made a Discord server for the Quantumers, pretty neat ! You might want to join @THN, these are great for keeping in touch as well as gaming. Think modernized IRC chats with voice chatting available as well :)

Hi, @Klashvorn ! Yes, I know about Discord... Sadly, it doesn't have a Linux client... And no mobile version for ubuntu touch, either...

(Yes, there's an alpha client for Linux, but it's full of bugs.)

Perhaps I'll try it one of these days... I have a Windows machine at the office, but I'm not sure if that would be very ethical...

12 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Hm.. This kinda makes me curious about the community.. Should I.. Wait no, I didn't contribute so.. Ugh..

No problem! As you can see if you read the comments tab, the Quantum community is a happy family, and we will be honoured if you join us, wether you backed the game or not.

(But you can still do so if you want to, of course! The deadline is July 1st. Mmm... I should update the FAQ to say that!)

The same can be said about The Letter (I hope you liked the voice acting cast, by the way!)

In fact, both games have many TSF-Pilots among their fans, so their KS pages are practically another Muv-Luv forum. You'll feel like home!

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, THN said:

Yes, I know about Discord... Sadly, it doesn't have a Linux client... And no mobile version for ubuntu touch, either...

(Yes, there's an alpha client for Linux, but it's full of bugs.)

Oh, I have an Android smartphone and a gaming PC so no prob on my side. I use the browser version when on Linux, works well.

7 minutes ago, THN said:

Perhaps I'll try it one of these days...

Do try ! It's pretty convenient once you've found a group of people to interact and share stuff with ! :)

6 minutes ago, THN said:

I have a Windows machine at the office, but I'm not sure if that would be very ethical...

Yeaaaaaah no, don't do that ^^'

8 minutes ago, THN said:

No problem! As you can see if you read the comments tab, the Quantum community is a happy family, and we will be honoured if you join us, wether you backed the game or not.

Indeed, seems lively to say the least. I'll consider it ^^

1 person likes this

I use the browser version when on Linux, works well.

I'll try this at home, then!

Indeed, seems lively to say the least. I'll consider it ^^

Great! Welcome to the Everett Ship!

By the way, did someone said Lively?

7 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

lively

Yes, that's what I thought!

blake-lively-cover-shoot-01.jpg

1 person likes this