THN

Quantum Suicide: Sing along!

102 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Are you sure you're not doing this on purpose though ? :P

I'm innocent! You wrote this, I just copypasted it!

On 15/1/2016 at 10:47 AM, Klashvorn said:

Anyway, you can already get pretty neat results with certain USB mics coupled with simple software to record yourself (such as Audacity).

One of the mics I have is the Blue Yeti (http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/). It's a condenser mic which is sensitive and has a few patterns to choose from for different recording purposes, whether you're just recording yourself, a two people interview or a whole room. This is a favorite for many and for good reason since it's versatile and not too pricey considering all its potential uses.

I also have a Rode Podcaster (http://www.rode.com/microphones/podcaster) which is also pretty neat but since it's a dynamic, it's not as sensitive so you have to be closer to the mic compared to a condenser to get the best results. It doesn't come with its own stand, so you'd have to invest a bit more into the setup. I have it on a shock mount which is itself mounted on a desk arm for instance.

@THN

Haha yes, I did post this but you're still guilty for repeated compliments so take responsibility ! :P (lol, what am I even saying ?)

These are two of many options for USB mics, there are other pretty neat choices. I think I forgot to mention how you also need a decent pair of headphones for listening to your recording and monitoring your levels.

Let's not talk about sound mixers and XLR mics or else I'm not shutting up for a while lol

6 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

@THN

Haha yes, I did post this but you're still guilty for repeated compliments so take responsibility ! :P (lol, what am I even saying ?)

These are two of many options for USB mics, there are other pretty neat choices. I think I forgot to mention how you also need a decent pair of headphones for listening to your recording and monitoring your levels.

Let's not talk about sound mixers and XLR mics or else I'm not shutting up for a while lol

Of course you can talk about that stuff. Just head over to the Voice Acting forum!

Hello, fellow TSF Pilots!

Do you want to support Quantum Suicide but you can't pledge any money right now?

Don't despair! There are many ways you can help.

1. You can join the Quantum Suicide's Thunderclap.

Currently, they have 52 out of the 100 people needed to get the Thunderclap approval.

As all Muv-Luv veterans remember, a Thunderclap can make a huge difference, boosting the potential reach of any KS campaign.

But if they don't have enough people, there won't be a Thunderclap.

You just have to sign in using one of these social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. That's it.

The deadline is February 23rd. We have only 12 days left!

2. You can share the campaign on Twitter and Instagram.

Or any other media, of course! Feel free to talk about Quantum Suicide on any of these websites listed by Nonscpo. (Including this thread!)

But these two social networks have an added value to the KickStarter campaign.

Because, once we reach certain milestones, the game will have short stories and drama cd tracks.

de9b37b010f1d487b9e76390e2596a34_origina

Don't you love free stuff? I do!

3. There's a "tweeathon" in the making.

Engineered by Quantumer extraordinarie Mr.Monttu, this is a "homebrew" Thunderclap, people talking on Twitter about Quantum Suicide, one hour, non-stop. Like a flashmob, but with hashtags.

If you are interested, read this update's comments to know the details.

And, of course... There are new songs every day!

The last one (for now!) was very special, because I never did a cover of a French song (Ella, elle l'a, by Kate Ryan). I hope you like it!

Now you don't have any excuses! Because if you like it... You know what to do!

And don't forget to sing along!

2 people like this

UPDATE: New Beta!

Do you want to support Quantum Suicide but you don't have any money? No problem!

You can play the new free beta and give your feedback.

Learn all the Everett Ship's dirty secrets and help all players by making Quantum Suicide a better game!

UPDATE: New Stretch Goal: A.I. can be your waifu!!!

This is it! Because you demanded it! Together again for the first time! (Sorry, I learned my Broken English reading Stan Lee comics...)

But yes, this is probably the most requested feature in the entire game... A.I. as a courtable option!

d12c7d14f4f1f0e35bad8ab5d939299a_origina

But this will ONLY happen if we reach the 50.000 stretch goal... And currently we only are at 34.681!

(Remember, we are talking about Australian Dollars, way cheaper than USD.)

So break your piggybank, because... Who wouldn't want a killer artificial intelligence for waifu? (Yes, @Klashvorn, I know, she's not as pretty as Yuuhi, but then again, who is?

On 25/1/2016 at 8:46 PM, PulakK said:

You could always stage a marriage ceremony and pretend she's in love with you, people have done that.

If there's an A.I. waifu wedding, I promise I'll write a song just for that.

REMEMBER: The Thunderclap is still open. Right now, we have only 55 of the 100 people needed and the deadline is February 23rd.

Do I really have to make more songs to convince you?

OK... Stay tuned, because tomorrow there will be a couple of surprises in the QS comments!

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, THN said:

Yes, @Klashvorn, I know, she's not as pretty as Yuuhi, but then again, who is?

Eh ? I didn't say anything ! xD

1 person likes this

Just now, Klashvorn said:

Eh ? I didn't say anything ! xD

Hi, @Klashvorn! Don't worry, the Empress of Japan knows these are exceptional circumstances... You can fight in the Quantum front, she'll wait for you!

Hi, @Balious ! Good to see you! Now we have to spread the word... Let's blow up those stretch goals!

1 minute ago, THN said:

Hi, @Klashvorn! Don't worry, the Empress of Japan knows these are exceptional circumstances... You can fight in the Quantum front, she'll wait for you!

It would seem my actions are being spelled out to me lol

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

It would seem my actions are being spelled out to me lol

Sorry, my trademarked excessive enthusiasm again... Seriously, @Klashvorn, thank you for taking your time to post here. Having an active thread on the Muv-Luv forums is helping Quantum Suicide a lot.

Courtable AI? If it wasn't for the embarrassing stereotype of otaku being antisocial shut-ins who can't handle real relationships, I may have been more overt in my approval. But these guys really seem to be pulling out all the stops here.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Courtable AI? If it wasn't for the embarrassing stereotype of otaku being antisocial shut-ins who can't handle real relationships, I may have been more overt in my approval. But these guys really seem to be pulling out all the stops here.

Hi, @PulakK! I hope my latest song can help to change your mind.

(And if not, at least I hope you have a good laugh.)

5 minutes ago, THN said:

Hi, @PulakK! I hope my latest song can help to change your mind.

(And if not, at least I hope you have a good laugh.)

Hmm, Whitesnake's "Is This Love"? It's alright.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Hmm, Whitesnake's "Is This Love"? It's alright.

Thank you! It was a Mr.Monttu's request, so if you liked it, don't forget to thank him, too!

Besides... Tawny Kitaen!

14052553_ori.thumb.jpg.90d0679d50b8117e9

@THN

Haha, new tactic for promoting once more ? It is a nice song though, the 80s have a bunch of neat tunes :)

1 person likes this

Haha, new tactic for promoting once more ?

Depends. Did it work?

Seriously, "that Whitesnake chick" was quite popular back in the day... And I was the only kid at school nerdy enough to know her name.

Probably because she starred in Instant Justice, a terrible action flick set in Spain. And I love bad 80's action movies.

It is a nice song though, the 80s have a bunch of neat tunes :)

Oh yes. Although my parodies are from different decades and genres (from country to punk), most of the time I end picking songs from the eighties, simply because it's the music I grew up with. (Although this one was a request.)

Expect more 80s' goodness tomorrow!

I didn't care a **** about this KS, but that last stretch goal change everything.
Gotta get some info of the game, talk to my bank about AUDs, and I will put my money there.

Edited by FaceEater
wrote wrong currency lol

1 person likes this

Hello, @FaceEater! Glad to see you another TSF pilot on the Everett Ship!

33 minutes ago, FaceEater said:

I didn't care a **** about this KS, but that last stretch goal change everything.

Everyone loves A.I. Who wouldn't want to marry a cute spaceship's computer system with killer instincts?

(And you thought Hatoful Boyfriend was weird!)

37 minutes ago, FaceEater said:

Gotta get some info of the game, talk to my bank about AUDs, and I will put my money there.

I don't know your exchange rate, but Australian Dollars are usually cheaper than US Dollars in most countries (70% or so).

The game is good and the community is great. Have you played the beta? Give it a try!

And don't forget to join the Thunderclap! We have 60 of 100 people needed, and only 9 days left!

UPDATE: Well... I don't know how to say it... I'm blushing... Again...

According to this post, Cotton Candy Cyanide wants to put all my songs on the Quantum Suicide's Artbook!

MoltenCherry, Nyx... I love you. I love you so much I had to make a bonus track just for you.

But wait! You may ask... Does that mean we'll have to pay for Teófilo's songs from now on?

Nope!

You can read one new song (and sometimes three or four!) every day on the Quantum Suicide KickStarter Comments page.

All of them will be hyperlinked through the first post on this thread (updated daily... At least I try! Sometimes I don't have internet access...)

Then, why buy the QS Artbook?

The Art, of course! What a silly question!

07588388f694aaecb83f748e6ec32d81_origina

Concept art, comic strips, fan art...

And, of course, MoltenCherry's lovely doodles.

She even said in that post she would illustrate my songs! Oh my God, I'm so nervous!

Seriously, the only (and important) reason to buy the Artbook is help Quantum Suicide fundraising.

Currently, we need less than 8K to reach our first stretch goal: Japanese Translation! (A Western Visual Novel goes to Japan... That's something you don't see every day.)

And most importantly, we are less than 13K away of the most coveted stretch goal of all: A date with A.I.

Because, after a sad, lonely Valentine, we all need some love from a psychopatic hologram.

So... If you have 30 spare Australian Dollars... You know what to do! 

And if you can't spend any money, but you still want to help... Join our Thunderclap! It's free! (And very important to reach those stretch goals.)

Remember: The deadline is February 23rd. We only have 69 of 100 people needed. And we have only 7 days left!

db02f04fe0dc80396c2b1ce626d042c0_original.jpg

Edited by THN

21 hours ago, THN said:

UPDATE: Well... I don't know how to say it... I'm blushing... Again...

According to this post, Cotton Candy Cyanide wants to put all my songs on the Quantum Suicide's Artbook!

Hey, cool acknowledgement ! You've earned it as far as I'm concerned, be proud of this ! :)

21 hours ago, THN said:

MoltenCherry, Nyx... I love you. I love you so much I had to make a bonus track just for you.

See what I mean ? ;)

21 hours ago, THN said:

db02f04fe0dc80396c2b1ce626d042c0_original.jpg

Gosh darn it ! Did you have to once again !? Shaaaaaameleeeeeess ! (kidding)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Hey, cool acknowledgement ! You've earned it as far as I'm concerned, be proud of this ! :)

Good evening, @Klashvorn !  Thank you for being so kind.

2 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Gosh darn it ! Did you have to once again !? Shaaaaaameleeeeeess ! (kidding)

It's not what it seems! Honestly!

It was some kind of glitch... After editing the first post to add a link to that one, the pic got stuck here for some reason. I edited my last post to delete the picture... But somehow, it didn't work! After trying to edit it several times, I gave up. (Maybe A.I. is behind this...)

Anyway, since Shizuka is so popular (she won the Waifu poll by a huge margin), maybe it helps to boost pledges a little.

(I prefer Kimiko myself... Japanese military brunette? Yes please!)

1 person likes this

UPDATE: Lots of new and important stuff! I hope I don't forget anything important...

1. Now you can pledge via PayPal.

I made some technical questions about PayPal in the last update; I'll edit this post once I get the answers.

2. BackerKit support.

Now you can buy add-ons and upgrade your pledge after the campaign ends. For those brave TSF Pilots who are interested in the game but can't spend a lot of money right now.

3. Seven day add-ons!

Each day, Cotton Candy Cyanide will announce a new add-on avalaible. What could it be? An unicorn backpack? A plushie dinosaur? I never realized how happy you made me, Amanda... (Sorry, I couldn't resist... But that proves my suggestion techniques work!)

4. Fan Art and Fanfiction contests!

Do you want to show your talent to the whole world? Draw a picture or write a short story about Quantum Suicide. The winners will be featured in the game. Read the submission details in this update.

In other news...

5. We still need 26 people to get the Thunderclap. (It was 27 this morning, so maybe, just maybe, this song helped a little.) Remember, the deadline is February 23rd.

6. The "Tweet-A-Thon", tweeting one hour using the #quantumsuicide hashtag, will be on Sunday 21st, starting 10 AM, Brisbane Australia Time.

7. Remember, even if you don't join the Tweet-A-Thon, you can help Quantum Suicide posting on Twitter or Instagram with the #quantumsuicide hashtag, to add short stories or drama CD tracks to the game.

8. We are just 6.270 AUD away of the first goal: Japanese Translation!

9. And we need 11.270 AUD to make A.I. a courtable option.

Come on. You know you want to.

10. And finally... It's official! Quantum Suicide is the KickStarter campaign with the longest fan-made playlist of all time. Because if @Connor Krammer said so, it must be true!

I have The Letter's Kicktraq graphic as my laptop's wallpaper, to remember every day miracles happen. Thank you, Connor!

Phew! I think that's all. Now, I'll add my latest song to the first post...

UPDATE: Apologies for the delay... Job stuff, and I'm still recovering from a serious case of blushing...

1. The new A.M.A. (like Amanda Lee, but not the same) video is out!

If you liked the first Ask Me Anything video, you'll love this one.

Everything you wanted to know about Quantum Suicide and more is here!

(Well... Except my question about Alternate Kimiko's goatee. So I made another song to ask them again.)

2. MoltenCherry and Nyx sing one of my songs on YouTube!

And not just another song... It's (I had) The time of my life! (Also known as Dirty Dancing.)

They even made a The Letter shoutout! Because they are so nice and cute.

I... I don't know what to say...

Well... Actually, I know...

THANK YOU!

See, that's why I adore this game.

Not only Cotton Candy Cyanide works hard every day, making a great Visual Novel... They love their Quantumers.

Remember the 8 Minutes of Death during the Muv-Luv campaign? That tense waiting, full of memorable comments, to capture one of the few Raptor units avalaible...

Well... Quantum Suicide is this, every day, in spades.

3. The 7 Days, 7 Add-Ons campaign starts today!

As I mentioned in a previous post, each day, there will be a new add-on avalaible. Could it be an A.I. Nendoroid? Yes please!

In other news...

4. CCCN answered my questions about PayPal.

You can read them here.

5. Tweet-A-Thon was a success! MoltenCherry and Nyx were so amused they want to do another at the end of the campaign.

6. ThunderClap needs your help!

We just have ONE DAY to get the last 18 people needed!

(It doesn't have to be people... Cats' accounts are fine... Internet is full of cats, anyway.)

Seriously, this is very important to help the campaign. And, remember, it's free!

So if you didn't join us yet, please consider signing it with Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr.

Let's do it... For AMANDAAAAAAAA

(And once again, thank you!)

Edited by THN

UPDATE: Sorry for the delay! Lots of work overseas.

Seven Days, Seven Add-Ons:

Each day, CCCN ladies are releasing a new add-on (besides our beloved air fresheners). So far, we got...

Quantum Suicide Physical CD Soundtrack (30 AUD + postage)

AI Glamour Postcard, signed and personalized! (10 AUD + FREE postage if you order more physical items. Otherwise, add +5 AUD for postage)

(Also, another huge thank you to MoltenCherry and Nyx for the sample text... I love you, ladies.)

Physical Artbook (45 AUD + postage)

Please read the FAQ to learn more about postage fees (basically, the more physical items you order, the better)

PayPal:

Although the money raised seems to decrease every day, actually it's just some backers are transfering their funds to PayPal.

(One technical question to our beloved Administrator @Connor Krammer : Does Kicktraq takes into account PayPal money or not?)

According to the project's main page, the current total is 38.691 + 2.719 = 41.410. The amount gets updated every day, so stay tuned!

Remember...

At 45.000 AUD, the game will get a Japanese translation!

And at 50.000 AUD... The one we are all waiting for... AI as a courtable option!

Brave TSF Pilots... The Everett Ship needs you!

Let's do it... For AMANDAAAAAAA