THN

Quantum Suicide: Sing along!

102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Klashvorn said:

*checks his gender as well, just to be sure* (lol)

(Reads again his entire yuri collection, just in case)

10 hours ago, THN said:

(Reads again his entire yuri collection, just in case)

Wait wha ? xD

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Wait wha ? xD

Hi, @Klashvorn ! The answer is simple; every time I have one of this awkward bromance moments, I feel the urge to see pics of beautiful women, the more the merrier...

Case in point:

001.jpg.7f3c9df1603a28bbe5e052498a4c0e1c

I would have uploaded a photo of a certain pair of twins born on 12/16, but that would be... unfair... And I want you to back Quantum Suicide only because the game is that good.

2 minutes ago, THN said:

The answer is simple; every time I have one of this awkward bromance moments, I feel the urge to see pics of beautiful women, the more the merrier...

O-Oh, okay ! Hm… Wait what ? Every time ? xD

3 minutes ago, THN said:

Case in point:

001.jpg.7f3c9df1603a28bbe5e052498a4c0e1c

O-Oooh ! I-I see !

3 minutes ago, THN said:

I would have uploaded a photo of a certain pair of twins born on 12/16, but that would be... unfair... And I want you to back Quantum Suicide only because the game is that good.

I'm certainly not opposed to seeing Yuuhi and Meiya at least haha :D

Well… I'll at least take a closer look at Quantum Suicide and consider a pledge. No promises though, okay ? ;)

And I'm having fun with a few games right now so my thirst is more or less quenched for now sooo.. yeah ^^'

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

O-Oh, okay ! Hm… Wait what ? Every time ? xD

Every single time!

10 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

I'm certainly not opposed to seeing Yuuhi and Meiya at least haha :D

Sooooo... This time, you can't say I'm twisting your words...

10 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Well… I'll at least take a closer look at Quantum Suicide and consider a pledge. No promises though, okay ? ;)

Thank you! And because you are always so nice and loyal to your waifu, I'll leave this here, no pressure at all, just as a sincere token of gratitude.

Spoiler

Twins.jpg.9a4a5338a0263ae7fdc3ace23b4938

Just now, THN said:

Every single time!

You haven't been told you're a tsundere IRL or even been mistaken for a girl online at least haha.. ha. Um… yeah ^^'

3 minutes ago, THN said:

Thank you! And because you are always so nice and loyal to your waifu, I'll leave this here, no pressure at all, just as a sincere token of gratitude.

Reveal hidden contents

Twins.jpg.9a4a5338a0263ae7fdc3ace23b4938

Oh, I'm just a normal guy really (I hope so at least lol) but thanks :)

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

You haven't been told you're a tsundere IRL

Let's just say, one of the places I want to visit on my first Tokyo trip later this year is the Tsundere Café at Akibahara. (The maids are so pretty...)

35 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Oh, I'm just a normal guy really (I hope so at least lol) but thanks :)

He's always courteous, he's a Linux fan, he won the heart of the Empress of Japan... And despite all his achievements, he's so humble! Ladies... This @Klashvorn has it all.

PS: Oh, I almost forgot! New song!

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, THN said:

he won the heart of the Empress of Japan...

I… I did ?

2 minutes ago, THN said:

And despite all his achievements, he's so humble! Ladies... This @Klashvorn has it all.

Noooooo ! This is embarrassing ! ^///^'

7 minutes ago, THN said:

PS: Oh, I almost forgot! New song!

Okay, new song ! Back on topic !

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, THN said:

Let's just say, one of the places I want to visit on my first Tokyo trip later this year is the Tsundere Café at Akibahara.

Okay, you made me look it up. I found this video which was good for a chuckle: 

2 people like this

Hi, @Connor Krammer ! I know, it's weird, but... That's the kind of thing we don't have in Europe (or maybe we have, but only in one of those red districts I wisely avoid like plague). It's goofy and strange and it turns your world upside down... Just like me!

5 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

13 minutes ago, THN said:

he won the heart of the Empress of Japan...

I… I did ?

Yes. She told me so this morning. (Or maybe she was her twin sister, sometimes I can't tell the difference...)

Well... As you can see, I try different styles each day, depending on my own mood... I have a very good song planned for next Sunday, at the end of the Waifu vs Husbando War (remember, you can still vote!), but most of the time, I just improvise.

Of course, if you have some request, I'll do my best to squeeze it on my playlist!

1 minute ago, THN said:

Hi, @Connor Krammer ! I know, it's weird, but... That's the kind of thing we don't have in Europe (or maybe we have, but only in one of those red districts I wisely avoid like plague). It's goofy and strange and it turns your world upside down... Just like me!

It's weird, but I can get behind weird. I mean, as a manga/anime/VN fan, my interests are already pretty niche. And on that topic: if you ever want to sit down for a good laugh, Kaichou wa Maid-sama! is a great comedy centered around a character who works at a maid cafe. 

Back on topic for the thread though, we're getting pretty close to getting 100% funded already (~96% at the moment). I'm glad for that, because Quantum Suicide looks like a quality game and the CCC team deserves the success.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, THN said:

I know, it's weird, but... That's the kind of thing we don't have in Europe

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing in France at least, unless I've been living under a rock (again). I think Paris' Japan Expo event has a maid cafe set up but someone else will have to confirm this as I've never actually attended myself haha ^^'

3 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

And on that topic: if you ever want to sit down for a good laugh, Kaichou wa Maid-sama! is a great comedy centered around a character who works at a maid cafe.

Yeeeeees ! Thumbs up to this !

3 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

I'm glad for that, because Quantum Suicide looks like a quality game and the CCC team deserves the success.

It's always nice being able to give "smaller" projects that little boost so the creators can have appropriate resources for sure, especially if you believe in them from the bottom of your heart :)

2 people like this

Yes... A huge boost just an hour ago! My crowfunding-fu is nowhere as good as yours, @Connor Krammer, but based on my experience, once a game is so close to be funded, people are more willing to pledge. Hopefully, we'll be aiming to stretch goals tomorrow!

And Maid-Sama is really funny! I wish it had more fanservice, but it's a shojo, after all, so it was expected.

2 people like this

UPDATE: Game funded! Plus new victory song! (Sorry, I wish it could be better, but... It's the best I could do in less than five minutes!)

Congratulations to Nyx and Moltencherry, and of course all the Quantumers.

And a very special thank you to all the TSF Pilots who post on this thread! You're the best! (Around!) (Nothing's gonna Fred the Dinosaur!)

But the battle continues! We still have 21 days left... and lots of Stretch Goals!

45K: Quantum Suicide Japanese translation

70K: Full Voice Acting! In Japanese!

95K: Playstation Network (don't worry, PS Vita fans... I know they're working on it, too!)

120K: Animated cutscenes

Seems a lot? Maybe, but... With your help, anything is possible!

So if you like it, you know what to do!!!

And of course, a huge thank you to my muse... AMANDAAAAAAAAAA!

1 person likes this

Yay I'm so happy it got funded :) looking forward to playing it! Hopefully all the stretch goals get reached :D

3 minutes ago, THN said:

And a very special thank you to all the TSF Pilots who post on this thread! You're the best!

E-Eh ? I… didn't do anything though ? ^^'

But regardless, congratulations ! Let's see where this takes us :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, THN said:

UPDATE: Game funded! Plus new victory song! (Sorry, I wish it could be better, but... It's the best I could do in less than five minutes!)

Congratulations to Nyx and Moltencherry, and of course all the Quantumers.

And a very special thank you to all the TSF Pilots who post on this thread! You're the best! (Around!) (Nothing's gonna Fred the Dinosaur!)

But the battle continues! We still have 21 days left... and lots of Stretch Goals!

45K: Quantum Suicide Japanese translation

70K: Full Voice Acting! In Japanese!

95K: Playstation Network (don't worry, PS Vita fans... I know they're working on it, too!)

120K: Animated cutscenes

Seems a lot? Maybe, but... With your help, anything is possible!

So if you like it, you know what to do!!!

And of course, a huge thank you to my muse... AMANDAAAAAAAAAA!

Wait...so this VN is originally being developed in English...but then it's being voiced in Japanese....and English voice acting seems out of the question.....and the Japanese version of the game is in fact a stretch goal instead of being the original version....

Okay, I'll just say it. This is weird as fuck.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

E-Eh ? I… didn't do anything though ? ^^'

Oh, yes you did. Remember, just keeping this thread active in the Muv-Luv forums helps a lot... This community is full of good VN fans (we all are TSF Pilots, after all!), so talking about new projects not only means more exposure, but the noise:signal ratio is virtually non-existent, because our members are sensible enough (except me) to avoid talking about silly things... And even then, there's a healthy atmosphere of respect and sense of humour on every thread I go (sadly, it's not the case on many other anime and videogames communities).

So (and excuse me if I make some mistakes, my French is even worse than my English), merci beaucoup, monsieur @Klashvorn, vous êtes un brave homme!

2 hours ago, PulakK said:

Wait...so this VN is originally being developed in English...but then it's being voiced in Japanese....and English voice acting seems out of the question.....and the Japanese version of the game is in fact a stretch goal instead of being the original version....

Yes, @PulakK, you read it right! As they explain in the project homepage, or maybe in the AMA (Amanda?) video, Nyx and MoltenCherry wanted Japanese Voice Acting (thank you for your wonderful thread about this, by the way! It has been very useful to The Letter voice acting experience).

The idea was they wanted Quantum Suicide as closer as possible to the Visual Novels they like to play (including Muv-Luv, of course!), so English text and Japanese voices was a surprising but very well thought design choice.

2 hours ago, PulakK said:

Okay, I'll just say it. This is weird as fuck.

Yes, it is... But that's the kind of crazy ideas, mixed with a happy-go-lucky, devil-may-care attitude that I love so much about Cotton Candy Cyanide! Mind you, I love more conventional, AAA games (I'm playing Shadowrun Hong Kong right now)... But I love too those little indie games, like QS or The Letter, whose incredible passion and creativity make up for their budget limitations. 

Of course, I'm a big fan of weird stuff... Mind you, one of my favourite comic books is Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol, starring a sentient street.

6 minutes ago, THN said:

So (and excuse me if I make some mistakes, my French is even worse than my English), merci beaucoup, monsieur @Klashvorn, vous êtes un brave homme!

No issues with this French part at least ;)

8 minutes ago, THN said:

Mind you, I love more conventional, AAA games (I'm playing Shadowrun Hong Kong right now)

That reminds me I still didn't get it ! Oh, and I didn't contribute to BattleTech ! Harebrained Schemes, I swear I don't hate you guys !

34 minutes ago, THN said:

Yes, @PulakK, you read it right! As they explain in the project homepage, or maybe in the AMA (Amanda?) video, Nyx and MoltenCherry wanted Japanese Voice Acting (thank you for your wonderful thread about this, by the way! It has been very useful to The Letter voice acting experience).

Oh, my thread actually helped out after all? I wonder how. (Srsly, feel free to elaborate so that I can stroke the ego a bit :P )

36 minutes ago, THN said:

The idea was they wanted Quantum Suicide as closer as possible to the Visual Novels they like to play (including Muv-Luv, of course!), so English text and Japanese voices was a surprising but very well thought design choice.

Hmm...well, that's not how I would've done it. As you've probably guessed by my advocacy of English dubs on this forum, I prefer English voice acting to Japanese voice acting, and hence I'd personally have prioritized an English vocal track. Mind you, my ideal release of Japanese-origin content (or something trying to emulate Japanese VNs like this one) would be a dual audio release, so that I'd be able to listen to both languages if I ever felt like it. 

21 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Oh, my thread actually helped out after all? I wonder how. (Srsly, feel free to elaborate so that I can stroke the ego a bit :P )

Well, since YangYang had such a tight budget, the links on your thread were very useful for amateur voice actors.

And I agree with you on your voice acting stance, if only because Spanish voice actors are among the best of the world (no jingoism here, even Bruce Willis visited Spain just to congratulate Ramón Langa, because his John McClane dubbing was far better than Willis' own voice!), and dubbing every single foreign movie or tv series was customary.

But nowadays, with the advent of streaming and less than legal downloads, many people just watch the movie or chapter in English, so they tend to look under voice actors' work. Which is a shame, because, most of the time, their dub improves the original (Fernando Cabrera, for example, is way better Sheldon than Jim Parsons).

Alas, budget constraints are budget constraints, and voice acting is hideously expensive, so paying it twice is off-limits most of the time...

But hey, I'm happy The Letter will have Spanish texts, at least! (See their later KS update for details).

1 hour ago, Klashvorn said:

That reminds me I still didn't get it ! Oh, and I didn't contribute to BattleTech ! Harebrained Schemes, I swear I don't hate you guys !

Don't worry, they know you're the nicest guy around here... Besides, I'm pretty sure there's at least one mercenary mechcommander who is always on TSF Pilots' side...

12 minutes ago, THN said:

Don't worry, they know you're the nicest guy around here... Besides, I'm pretty sure there's at least one mercenary mechcommander who is always on TSF Pilots' side...

If you keep showering me with compliments, I won't know what to do haha ^///^

And yeah, there are pretty good voice actors out there. As another example, I like Benoît Allemane a lot, he voices Morgan Freeman's roles in French. He's the narrator for all the Disney trailers as well. That guy has a pretty rich and deep voice, really neat :)

28 minutes ago, THN said:

Well, since YangYang had such a tight budget, the links on your thread were very useful for amateur voice actors.

Wait, useful for finding amateur voice actors, or useful for use by amateur voice actors who wanted some tips and tricks?

And would I be safe in assuming Spanish is your native language, given your preference for Spanish dubs? My native language is actually Hindi, and I used to watch Hindi dubs of cartoons when I was young. I started preferring English dubs after my English improved and I spent some time in Australia.

Also, I'm more ambivalent on dubs of live-action stuff than I am regarding anime or video games, because:

1. Most of the live-action stuff I watch is in English or Hindi anyway, so I don't need them. 

2.The dissonance between mouth-flaps and stuff is far more pronounced in live-action dubs than it would be in animation or gaming. 

4 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Wait, useful for finding amateur voice actors, or useful for use by amateur voice actors who wanted some tips and tricks?

The latter... An amateur actor can be very talented, but lacks experience, so it's always good having some useful links, provided by you and... I swear I'm not doing this on purpose... Klashvorn.

About the lyp-syncing lag... It doesn't exist on Spanish dubs (when I said they were among the best of the world, I wasn't exaggerating). There are lots of dubbing schools in Spain, and the quality of professional voice actors is incredible. For example, Rogelio Hernández (considered by his peers the best Spanish voice actor of all time) was able to dub actors so different like Michael Caine, Bruce Lee and Jack Nicholson! And he made it flawlessly, giving to each one of them the original actor's mannierisms and voice inflections... And no matter how many times you watch the movies, the mouth-flaps you were talking about is practically impossible to notice. He was THAT good.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, THN said:

The latter... An amateur actor can be very talented, but lacks experience, so it's always good having some useful links, provided by you and... I swear I'm not doing this on purpose... Klashvorn.

Indeed, like a raw diamond in need of polishing to fully express itself. I do have my own interest in voice acting which I can't really.. act upon (sorry for the pun lol)

Are you sure you're not doing this on purpose though ? :P

1 person likes this