THN

Quantum Suicide: Sing along!

102 posts in this topic

BREAKING NEWS: Pre-Order on BackerKit open.

You can pre-order the game on Backerkit and help reaching the Japanese Full Voice Acting Stretch Goal! More info on this post.

UPDATE 1: BREAKING NEWS! Game funded in 9 days!

UPDATE 2: Join the Thunderclap! Deadline: February 23rd! More info on this post.

UPDATE 3: New beta! (Not that kind of BETA...) And now, A.I. can be your waifu! More info on this post.

UPDATE 4: Songs included in the Quantum Suicide Artbook! More info on this post.

UPDATE 5: PayPal! BackerKit! One new add-on each day! Fan Art and Fanfiction contests! More info on this post.

UPDATE 6: New AMA video! MoltenCherry and Nyx sing one of my songs on YouTube! More info on this post.

UPDATE 7: New add-ons! Soundtrack CD, Glamour Postcard, Physical Artbook. More info on this post.

UPDATE 8: This is it! PS VITA PORT!!! More info on this post.

UPDATE 9: 50 songs! Japanese Translation and Dating AI Stretch goals achieved! Now help the Full Voice Acting Stretch Goal. More info on this post.

UPDATE 10: MoltenCherry and Nyx are going to make another YouTube video! And you can vote! More info on this post.

UPDATE 11: The BackerKit's FAQ! More info on this post.

Dear fellow TSF pilots,

As you may know, Cotton Candy Cyanide are making a KickStarter campaign for its new Visual Novel, Quantum Suicide.

It's a Sci-Fi dark comedy story. GameWires said it best on Twitter: Like 2001 w/ 100% more panty shots

db02f04fe0dc80396c2b1ce626d042c0_original.jpg

The first campaign wasn't able to reach its goal (mainly because of very bad timing... It ended just before Christmas), but they learned from their mistakes, and in just five days they are almost 90% funded, and they will probably get several stretch goals.

One of the things I love about this KickStarter is the cheery, whimsical attitude of the campaign. Even if you can't pledge at the moment, I suggest you watching the AMA Video (a visual novel in itself, starring MoltenCherry and Nyx, the game creators) and read the comments section. It's really funny, from the Waifu vs Husbando War poll (go team Kimiko!) to the Quantum Dance:

╔( ◉_◉)╝╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉ )╗ ╔( ◉_◉)╝

Every day, one of the backers writes a new parody song based on the game, and I thought it would be fun to make a playlist of sorts.

I'll try to update it whenever he posts a new one.

1. Holding out for a hero (Bonnie Tyler)

2. East bound and down (Jerry Reed)

3. I'll be there for you (The Rembdrants)

4. The KKK took my baby away (The Ramones)

5. Maria (Blondie)

6. Hey Mickey (Toni Basil) Actually, the B*Witched cover for Bring It On.

7. Venus (Bananarama)

8. Mandy (Barry Manilow)

9. Rawhide (The Blues Brothers)

10. BONUS TRACK: You're the best around (Joe Esposito) Game funded song!

11. Never Say Die (Iron Eagle) (King Cobra)

12. Yesterday (The Beatles)

13. BONUS TRACK: Thunderstruck (AC/DC) Mr. Monttu's request for Thunderclap.

14. Ella, elle l'a (Kate Ryan)

15. Karma Chameleon (Culture Club)

16. It's not unusual (Tom Jones)

17. BONUS TRACK: Is this love (Whitesnake) A.I. Courtable stretch goal

18. (I had) The time of my life (Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes) UPDATE: Now with YouTube version!

19. Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)

20. BONUS TRACK: Maniac (Michael Sembello) Chris' request for Valentine

21. The Last Unicorn (America)

22. BONUS TRACK: Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Madonna) A very big Thank You to MoltenCherry and Nyx for including my songs in the Artbook!

23. Nowhere Fast (Fire Inc.)

24. BONUS TRACK: I can dream about you (Dan Hartman). My apology song. I'm sorry!

25. Believe (Cher).

26. BONUS TRACK: We don't need another hero (Tina Turner). 25 songs celebration!

27. BONUS TRACK: Tarzan Boy (Baltimora). Another Thank You song to MoltenCherry and Nyx, for mentioning me on the first campaign's latest update.

28. Before he cheats (Carrie Underwood)

29: BONUS TRACK: The Final Countdown (Europe). Join the Tweet-A-Thon! This Sunday, 10AM, Brisbane Australia Time.

30.  Girls just wanna have fun (Cyndi Lauper)

31. BONUS TRACK: Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees)

32.  Englishman in New York (Sting)

33. BONUS TRACK: You give love a bad name (Bon Jovi) New AMA video!

34. JAPANESE VINYL 12" LP SPECIAL EDITION ONLY BONUS TRACK: You're the one that I want (John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John) A HUGE thank you to MoltenCherry and Nyx for their YouTube song

35. Fame (Irene Cara)

36. Forever and Always (Shania Twain)

37. BONUS TRACK: Heaven is a place on Earth (Belinda Carlisle) AI sent me a signed glamour postcard... It's the least I could do!

38. Wind of change (Scorpions)

39. BONUS TRACK: Y.M.C.A. (Village People) Because Squatta is right, female Quantumers deserve some fanservice, too!

40. We are the world (USA for Africa)

41. Princes of the Universe (Queen)

42. BONUS TRACK: 魔訶不思議アドベンチャー! (Makafushigi Adventure!) (高橋洋樹) (Hiroki Takahashi). Japanese Translation Stretch Goal FUNDED!

43. Candyman (Christina Aguilera)

44. BONUS TRACK: Invisible Touch (Genesis) The 50 songs challenge begins!

45. BONUS TRACK: Take it easy (Eagles)

46. BONUS TRACK: Spider-Man (Paul Francis Webster & Robert Harris). The Spiderghost song! See the Twitch update for his origin story.

47. BONUS TRACK: Wonder Woman (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel) Because we can't a Marvel song without a DC one. And rollerskating Lynda Carter was the first waifu.

48. BONUS TRACK: Part-Time Lovers (Stevie Wonder). Dating AI Stretch Goal FUNDED!

49. BONUS TRACK: Rock 'n' Roll Dreams Come Through (Meat Loaf) Dedicated to Shiro-sama, my psycho-fan

50. Into the West (Annie Lennox)

51. RARE STEREO BONUS TRACK: Never gonna give you up (Rick Astley) Because Nyx and MoltenCherry want to make another YouTube video and this is the internet

The campaign ended on February 29, but... The soundtrack continues!

52. Carrying your love with me (George Strait). MoltenCherry goes to Japan.

53. First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin (Leonard Cohen). The lost 53rd song.

54. Candle in the Wind (Elton John). Goodbye, Nyx!

55. Secret Agent Man (Johnny Rivers) Which is also The Letter's 15th song. Isabella, Shizuka and A.I. go to Washington!

56. Riders in fhe Sky (Frankie Lane). Which is also The Letter's 21st song. Why Quantum Suicide, SoulSet and The Letter all happen in the same universe.

57. Honey (浜崎 あゆみ) (Ayumi Hamasaki). MoltenCherry is ill and alone in Japan... But her Tamagotchi will take care of here.

So, if you like what you see... You know what to do!

PS (not the PS Vita): If you liked my songs, there are more in the making; check The Letter Updates every month!

Edited by THN
Updated Playlist

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, THN said:

As you may know, Cotton Candy Cyanide are making a KickStarter campaign for its new Visual Novel, Quantum Suicide.

Um, I didn't know about this until you made this thread actually… Oops ! ^^'

9 hours ago, THN said:

db02f04fe0dc80396c2b1ce626d042c0_origina

9 hours ago, THN said:

╔( ◉_◉)╝╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉ )╗ ╔( ◉_◉)╝

9 hours ago, THN said:

So, if you like it what you see... You know what to do!

W-What the ? Is this some new way to grab attention !? xD (lol sorry)

1 person likes this

Hi, @Klashvorn ! Good to see you!

17 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Um, I didn't know about this until you made this thread actually… Oops ! ^^'

Mission accomplished, then! I thought all our brave TSF Pilots already knew about Quantum Suicide, but... Well... A little more exposure never hurts!

22 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

W-What the ? Is this some new way to grab attention !? xD (lol sorry)

Nah... If I wanted to shamelessly bribe you, I know a certain empress of Japan that would convince you right away.

Seriously, I opened this thread just for fun. I'm really happy Root Double got funded, but it was a somewhat pessimistic campaign. Something that probably fits the game's mood, but still... The Quantumers are a happy little familiy, and I'm sure, once you lurk the comments section, you'll love it.

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, THN said:

If I wanted to shamelessly bribe you, I know a certain empress of Japan that would convince you right away.

Well, even with my devotion to the Empress, my wallet isn't an infinite supply of passion haha ^^'

But yeah, I'll certainly be checking this out. Did anyone ever tell you that you're a dedicated fan dy the way ? Because you're clearly doing what you can to share stuff and it's great to have you as a fan I'm sure !

So credits to you for posting these as well :)

Edited by Klashvorn
Dang it, this typo !

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

Well, even with my devotion to the Empress, my wallet isn't an inifinite supply of passion haha ^^'

But yeah, I'll certainly be checking this out. Did anyone ever tell you that you're a dedicated fan dy the way ? Because you're clearly doing what you can to share stuff and it's great to have you as a fan I'm sure !

So credits to you for posting these as well :)

Thank you, @Klashvorn ! You're a great guy, too.

The world is already dark enough... So I try to do my best to lighten up every day. Sometimes is a little act of kindness; sometimes, a little joke that takes the sadness away for a while... The point is: we fight, we endure, we learn.

2 people like this

@THN

Indeed, always try to see the bright side of things and turn negatives into positives whenever possible, though it may be hard sometimes. Interacting helps too, right ? ;)

But back to this game ! I'm wondering how the comedy and dark parts will be balanced.

1 person likes this

But back to this game ! I'm wondering how the comedy and dark parts will be balanced.

Very well, as a matter of fact... If you watch the AMA video from the previous campaign (they are making another one right now), you'll see MoltenCherry and Nyx are very clever writers. There are also some heartwarming moments.

Plus... An unicorn backpack! What else do you need to know to back this game?

But if your wallet is as defunct as mine, you can still share the campaign on Tweeter and Instagram... This is very important, not only to boost the number of potential backers, but because once we hit certain retweet number, the game will feature some cool extras, like a 10 minute drama CD!

Yes... I know those goofy songs would be better if my beloved Amanda Lee sang them, but still... If you like it, you know what to do!

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, THN said:

Very well, as a matter of fact... If you watch the AMA video from the previous campaign (they are making another one right now), you'll see MoltenCherry and Nyx are very clever writers. There are also some heartwarming moments.

Plus... An unicorn backpack! What else do you need to know to back this game?

But if your wallet is as defunct as mine, you can still share the campaign on Tweeter and Instagram... This is very important, not only to boost the number of potential backers, but because once we hit certain retweet number, the game will feature some cool extras, like a 10 minute drama CD!

Yes... I know those goofy songs would be better if my beloved Amanda Lee sang them, but still... If you like it, you know what to do!

It's Twitter. TW-I-TTER! Baka!

Seriously, you're so hopeless. Raving about all these cool Kickstarters, and you can't even get the names of the biggest social media sites right!

I mean, it's not like I'm concerned about your English, or secretly adoring your infectious enthusiasm and optimism or anything.....you're just a baka to me! A BAKA!

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, PulakK said:

It's Twitter. TW-I-TTER! Baka!

Seriously, you're so hopeless. Raving about all these cool Kickstarters, and you can't even get the names of the biggest social media sites right!

I mean, it's not like I'm concerned about your English, or secretly adoring your infectious enthusiasm and optimism or anything.....you're just a baka to me! A BAKA!

Hi, @PulakK ! Glad to see you here!

I apologize... As I said somewhere, I don't have twee... I mean twitter... Or facebook, or any other social media account, for that matter... You see, until a couple of years ago, my home computer was a perfectly serviceable Amstrad CPC 6128 (and, for once, I'm serious).

And yes... I'm a baka. In many, many ways. Which reminds me one of my favourite songs...

Hana yo Kirei to, Odaterare,
Saite Mitanara, Sugu Chirasareru.
Baka-na, Baka-na,
Baka-na On'na no... Urami-bushi.

I played the demo of this the other day and loved what I saw and wanted more. Checking my funds I had enough to support this :)

1 person likes this

Hi, @Balious ! Welcome on board! Don't be afraid, TSF Pilots are always welcome on Everett Ship.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, THN said:

Hi, @Balious ! Welcome on board! Don't be afraid, TSF Pilots are always welcome on Everett Ship.

It sounds like it be a wonderful time on Evertt Ship, I can't wait :D.

1 person likes this

You're welcome! And don't forget to vote your waifu or husbando!

1 person likes this

Dropping in to say this: Quantum Suicide is a great-looking game with a fantastic pair of creators behind it. The comment section is a lot of fun too, so I invite everyone to drop by. It's a nice contrast to Root Double (I'm so glad that got funded), since it has a lot more breathing room and a much more positive atmosphere. The creators (mostly Molten Cherry in the comments, I believe) are a bunch of goofs as well, and very receptive to feedback and input.

Drop by to say hello, and maybe chip in a dollar: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cccn/quantum-suicide-a-visual-novel-in-space-kill-or-be

And if you need your statistics fix, I've got you covered: http://statbackr.com/quantum-suicide/

2 people like this

Hi, @Connor Krammer ! Thank you for the statbackr link. Your technical skills never cease to amaze me!

We are now at the dreaded KS Campaign Plateau...

But the game is only 3K away of being funded!

And remember, the campaign is paid on Australian Dollars, way, way cheaper than regular Dollars.

Also... Air Fresheners!!! When was the last time you see a KickStarter campaign with add-ons like these?

1 person likes this

Hahaha geez… We're such a happy bunch ! ^^

1 person likes this

Air fresheners and songs... alright I'm sold, pledged!

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Hahaha geez… We're such a happy bunch ! ^^

Yes, we are! And I've just wrote a new song, so sing along, my dear @Klashvorn !

6 hours ago, WhiteAlloy said:

Air fresheners and songs... alright I'm sold, pledged!

Congratulations, @WhiteAlloy ! Welcome to the Everett Ship! And remember, pilot... Your TSF runs on Linux!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, THN said:

Yes, we are! And I've just wrote a new song, so sing along, my dear @Klashvorn !

I haven't sung seriously in years so my voice might not be adequate to hear ^^'''

Oh, by the way !

On 2/4/2016 at 8:32 PM, PulakK said:

your infectious enthusiasm and optimism

Gotta Luv this about you @THN  ;)

2 people like this

Just now, Klashvorn said:
On 2/4/2016 at 0:32 PM, PulakK said:

your infectious enthusiasm and optimism

Gotta Luv this about you @THN  ;)

Yep, it's fantastic. It's always nice to hear from you, because you love what you talk about and that makes other people love it too.

2 people like this

@Klashvorn and @Connor Krammer ... Now I'm blushing! I'm fact, I'm so blushed right now that I'm going to break my no emoji rules just for you...

:$ :$ :$

Because you are always so kind, generous and patient. Not only with me, but all the TSF pilots on the forums (even that troll that lurked on the Muv Luv KS comments section, remember?)

Thank you, guys!

3 people like this

1 minute ago, THN said:

Because you are always so kind, generous and patient.

Awww, now you're making me blush!

1 minute ago, THN said:

even that troll that lurked on the Muv Luv KS comments section, remember?

Haha, yep, I do! He was actually pretty nice, for a troll. :D

2 people like this

Just now, THN said:

Now I'm blushing! I'm fact, I'm so blushed right now that I'm going to break my no emoji rules just for you...

:$ :$ :$

Remember Klash ! @THN is not a girl. He is not a girl. He is not a girl. He is not a girl. He is not a girl.

Haha sorry, just had to follow up on this xD

2 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:
5 minutes ago, THN said:

Because you are always so kind, generous and patient.

There might be a blushing virus spreading right about now ! ^////^

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Connor Krammer said:

Haha, yep, I do! He was actually pretty nice, for a troll. :D

Well, that circle of yours is solid white... A little touch of red, once in a while, is fine!

And yes, that troll was almost as dorky as me... Almost.

Remember Klash ! @THN is not a girl. He is not a girl. He is not a girl. He is not a girl. He is not a girl.

Nope, I'm not.

(Looks his pants, just to be sure...)

(Phew! Still there.)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, THN said:

(Looks his pants, just to be sure...)

(Phew! Still there.)

*checks his gender as well, just to be sure* (lol)

1 person likes this