Aetherdeus

Anime Central 2016

41 posts in this topic

OK, so I'm happy to announce that we've officially added two co-panelists for the Muv-Luv panel at Anime Central 2016.

If you think you want to come to ACen, the badge-mailing deadline is this Friday, April 1. (the best $2 you will ever spend).

And if the three of us weren't enough of a draw, and if you happen to like visual novels other than âge's, ACen is bringing over Visual Art's top people as guests.

1 person likes this

Ahhh I really want to go, unfortunately I live all the way on the West Coast and several conventions are happening on that same weekend. Hope to see most of you at AX tho. 

OK, the schedule isn't public yet, but they've informed us that times are now final, so I think it's safe to share.

• Panel: Muv-Luv: 8 (Or More) Minutes of Death - Friday, May 20, 11:30 PM. Location TBA, but the fan panels are generally all in the DESCC ballrooms
  • Muv-Luv / Rumbling Hearts cosplay gathering - Saturday, May 21, 11 - 11:30 AM, in the garden next to the Expoteria. Of course, Schwarzesmarken and Total Eclipse cosplayers are welcome too. It's one big franchise.

acen-muv-luv-cosplay-gathering-map.jpg

The panels schedule (including "Muv-Luv: 8 (Or More) Minutes Of Death") is now public, although if you're coming to ACen, it's generally way easier to use the Guidebook app once ACen 2016 has their stuff uploaded, since that will include not only panels but also events, concerts, cosplay gatherings (including ours), etc.

Edited by invalidname

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, Aetherdeus said:

Woo! Well, thanks for checking since it's not like they sent me an email confirmation or anything. Is anybody a member of the forums who could start a thread inviting people to come to the meet? I still haven't gotten approved for that, either. Hopefully they'll get back to you about the panel - I'd kind of be surprised if there are any issues since you've done it before.

Yeah, I doubt I'll have Takayuki or Theodore done in time, unfortunately. Ack, I still need to order a new jacket for Yuuya or a wig for Leon... Hm, I'm not sure if @KirisuEmiko will make it, but I know she's working on Katia

Wow, my e-mail did not notify me of this amazing conversation going on. Oops~!

Either way, I would absolutely love to come but... I don't think I'm going to be able to. Ugh, it's really disappointing that I'll have to miss meeting up with everyone -_-

On another note, I was Katia for Tekko just a few weekends ago. I need to order the East German suspenders and belt, but I was able to find a substitute for a quick improv-ish cosplay. I'll see if I can get a photo uploaded here (no one took one of me at the convention, so I'll just take one outside or something :D) Either way, for those of you that are going, have a great time! Maybe you'll have a few stories to tell! :P

Anime Central just posted their full schedule via the Guidebook app.

Reminder that the Muv-Luv panel is Friday night 11:30 PM - 12:30 AM in Panel Room 6 of the convention center, and the Muv-Luv / Rumbling Hearts (and yes, Scharzesmarken too, it just woudn't fit in the spreadsheet) cosplay gathering is Saturday 11:00 - 11:30 AM in the garden next to the Expoteria restaurant.

Edited by invalidname
better syntax in link

Did I mention there will be prizes for people who know their Muv-Luv? Or who just make good guesses, because we have some pretty easy trivia questions to make it fun for everyone.

Anyways, Degica has graciously provided prizes for our Anime Central panel. And @Hirei just couldn't help but personalize the shipment:

IMG_3571 copy.jpg

3 people like this

Woot! I'm still working on some presentation feedback for you, should have it done by Monday :)

I'm getting punchy with my presenter notes, now.

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 8.00.00 PM.png

1 person likes this

Reminder to everyone going to Anime Central this week in Chicago:

• Muv-Luv panel is Friday night at 11:30 PM in Panel Room 6. We have prizes and gifts from Degica to hand out!
  • Muv-Luv / Schwarzesmarken / Rumbling Hearts cosplay gathering is Saturday morning at 11:00 outside the Expoteria.

Hope to see lots of people there!

Edited by invalidname

2 people like this

Don't forget to take pics to share in the forum.

1 person likes this

On May 19, 2016 at 4:24 PM, FaceEater said:

Don't forget to take pics to share in the forum.

I'm still waiting on pictures taken by our friends in the audience, but here's a pretty good one of (L to R): @invalidname, @Aetherdeus, and @Dexomega (this is before ANN's Theron Martin joined us at midnight to add his two cents on Schwarzesmarken and Rumbling Hearts).

IMG_0248-unrotate.jpg

We also managed to get really good audio of the panel. If all participants are OK with sharing that, we'll figure out a good place to put it (maybe AniTAY, maybe my Tumblr, maybe both… still working on it).

3 people like this

Cosplay meet group shot! Pretty much everyone expected made it, but always good! I'm still sad I didn't get my other costumes done in time, but there's still next year! Although we didn't get a huge turnout, a lor of people recognized the costumes all weekend which was great! Slowly the Muv-Luv con presence will improve.... We definitely need some artists alley presence, thats for sure 0.o

image.jpeg

4 people like this

A few other shots from the panel that AniTAY has.

dsc02248_26875146910_o.jpg

dsc02270_26543647944_o.jpg

dsc02242_27080745311_o.jpg

dsc02244_26875148600_o.jpg

4 people like this

The AniTAY gang shot video, so hopefully they'll have that on anitay.org at some point, but in the meantime, I've posted an audio-only version of the panel over on my streaming site. You can either play in-browser or download the MP3 (which is handy if you use a podcast client like Overcast that lets you add your own MP3s).

Thanks again to @Dexomega@Aetherdeus, and Theron Martin of Anime News Network for joining the panel. Everyone had great things to say, and I think you guys and gals are going to enjoy it.

3 people like this