PulakK

The true nature of Muv-Luv Extra's world (SPOILERS)

11 posts in this topic

Hmm, so I was just reading the Muv-Luv wiki about all the connections Extra has to Unlimited and Alternative, and when I discovered some scenes that implied that Alternative Takeru was in Extra the whole time, I was initially horrified. You know, because of how Alt. Takeru was a causality conductor and how he fucked things up in the Extra-verse because of escaping there. But then I realized that many of the effects he had on the Extra-verse simply didn't happen in the original Extra game. One obvious example would be the death of Marimo Jinguuji-sensei, which never happens in Extra, but is a major plot point in Alternative's PTSD arc. I wonder, then, about the true nature of Muv-Luv Extra's world. I know that by Alternative's ending, Extra's world was already being reshaped into the Final Extra we see in the epilogue, so was the original Extra-verse some kind of halfway-house between the Final Extra and the Extra that Alternative Takeru had fucked up? Or is the MuvLuv wiki flat-out wrong about all the scenes suggesting that Alternative Takeru was present during the original Extra timeline? I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about the true nature of the original Extra-verse.

Every single instance of every world is a different, self-sufficient loop. Final Extra is not a remade Extra or Fixed PTSD-Extra; it's a new one. Same thing with Altered Fable, same thing with Unlimited and The Day After. It's literally an infinite amount of possible worlds. When he finally left PTSD-Extra and returned to Alternative, that broken world continued because it already had a Takeru consciousness there that resumed control. Same thing with Alternative; it's just that the original instance of Takeru died all of the worlds (so far seen) that have BETA, which in turn makes his presence there even more of an anomaly.

3 hours ago, G3rman said:

Every single instance of every world is a different, self-sufficient loop. Final Extra is not a remade Extra or Fixed PTSD-Extra; it's a new one. Same thing with Altered Fable, same thing with Unlimited and The Day After. It's literally an infinite amount of possible worlds. When he finally left PTSD-Extra and returned to Alternative, that broken world continued because it already had a Takeru consciousness there that resumed control. Same thing with Alternative; it's just that the original instance of Takeru died all of the worlds (so far seen) that have BETA, which in turn makes his presence there even more of an anomaly.

Bang on.

To help elaborate for the OP.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

Imagine a sort of tree, every tiny thing that can happen differently causes a branching.  Raise your hand and touch your nose. In one universe you obayed what i just said, in another you did not and in another yet again you did it after you read this. Those universes are all similar but they are different as each has unique events.

Spoiler

The extra that takeru was fucking up, was a branch changed because he returned to it with memories of the wartorn world. That means it was seperated from the original extra. The original is its own branch. Extra branches differently again depending which heroine you choose. Unlimited is the same. 

-=SPOILERS CANT GET TAGS WORKING ON PHONE=-

In alternative all of this is explained at the end, due to the gbomb going off near sumika she who is constantly thinking of -i want Takeru- absorbs takeru into the past and into her world. It takes all takerus from extra, not just one, this distorts his memories of which girl he has chosen as he has chosen them all in different branches that he was taken from. 

Since he does not know the brain is sumika he also constantly goes through all the branches in unlimited. Over and over until one time he starts again with memories of alternative V. Then so starts alternative the final route to start alternative iv. Which ends with him going back to a new extra, a different branch yet again where he only retains minor feelings of alternative.

Its separate from original extra.

Its apparently the final route for Multiverse takeru because sumika dies and loses the ability to reset him.

So yeah.

Edited by Reavan

1 hour ago, Reavan said:

Its apparently the final route for Multiverse takeru because sumika dies and loses the ability to reset him.

Just a little correction: Sumika loses the ability to reset Takeru after having sex with him, not after her death. That's because her wish was finally granted.

Edited by ~Freedom

6 hours ago, ~Freedom said:

Just a little correction: Sumika loses the ability to reset Takeru after having sex with him, not after her death. That's because her wish was finally granted.

Ah yes you are correct it was before her death, it was explained after her death i think i was trying to mention but got my self mixed up. :)

On 2016/1/25 at 1:36 AM, G3rman said:

Same thing with Altered Fable, same thing with Unlimited and The Day After.

I remember Yuuko saying that whenever he died the world was rebooting and that Kasumi sort of said the Extra branches were "broken" because he was "pulled out" of them*. I remember having difficulties imagining how it would work within the confines of Everett Theory but then I might have completely misunderstood and it's been a while haha.

OOT: In a sense Altered Fable might just be a branch created at the same time than Final Extra.

*: Except probably the Sumika ones given the explanation for that phenomenon. Guess that's why Supplement and Haruko Maniax are post-Sumika?

13 hours ago, frogtaku said:

I remember Yuuko saying that whenever he died the world was rebooting and that Kasumi sort of said the Extra branches were "broken" because he was "pulled out" of them*. I remember having difficulties imagining how it would work within the confines of Everett Theory but then I might have completely misunderstood and it's been a while haha.

Yes, it's hard to picture, and that's not even taking into account The Day after spoilers

Spoiler

where Sumika's brain is destroyed, by Takeru himself. Yet despite no longer having any chance of the wish being fulfilled (which is what causes the entire loop) things continue as they are.

In general, the whole worlds things is definitely confusing and definitely far from any scientific explanation. For now I'm basically on the camp of to think it as "G-elements did it" and not bother much about it.

1 hour ago, Marx-93 said:

"G-elements did it"

Basically yeah. Even "purely" hard-scifi stories (e.g. Greg Egan's) tend to use that trick as well to go in uncharted territories, but this is quite noticeable here.

1 person likes this

They kind of have to as no matter what real scientific theory people come up with in the end there is hardly any evidence behind it so its mostly speculation on how it would be.

1 person likes this

Didn't Yuuko at the end of PTSD arc said something along the lines that when Takeru gets rid of the causality conductor and closes the "broken faucet" of heavy causalities dripping from the Alternative world that the worlds affected by it will revert back to the start of the loop? With Alternative being the only one that moves on, because it was the source of the causal instability.

It's of course possible that I remember it wrong, OR that Yuuko indeed said this, but lied simply to make Takeru feel better about going back, because otherwise all the worlds would've been done for, not just the one he ended up in.

And one other thing, didn't Kasumi say that Sumika pulled in only versions of Takeru that ended up with other girls than "herself"? Again, it's possible I remember it wrong, but could've sworn something along those lines was mentioned for both points.

EDIT: Posted in wrong topic, sorry.

Edited by Nachtus