Fh2Hi

What did you do after finishing ML:A for the first time?

60 posts in this topic

I took  a much needed break.  I had gotten super into Alternative and basically pushed myself through most of it in very few sittings.  So afterwards I was emotionally and mentally broken.

1342874918846.jpg

1 person likes this

Sorry if this is going to be a long one.

I played Yokohama arc at around 8PM and keep playing until finishing Cherry Blossom 3/4AM. At that point I lost my strength, my tears have dried up. I think "whatever, bring it on, nothing can hurt me more". But then I was shocked when

Spoiler

Takeru lost his memories. Man, that feels so cruel at that time..

Then I cried again when

Spoiler

Kasumi shows up. I don't know why, it might be a tears of happiness.

I see that in the end we have everyone. Then Marimo said two transfer student, I can guess that they are Meiya and Kasumi, turns out it's Meiya and Yuuhi. Some lines passed, then Yuuko said about Marimo forgetting another transfer student. I don't know why but I don't remember Kasumi at all at that point, I was like "another student? Is Gouda Jouji back again??". Then Kasumi shows up and I suddenly burst to tears.

When the credit rolls & Muv-Luv plays, I smiled, I stand from my chair and giving applause while staring at the credits. And my strength are back, I haven't sleep since the 8AM to around 5AM but I don't feel tired/sleepy at all. When the credits ends. I just sit back, wondering what have I been doing with my life, then try to change. :)

Really like the ending, perfect for me (tho I like it if they can tell what happen with say Mitsuki, and the rest). Unlike other shows, the ending give me feels that the story is over and I don't feel curious with what happened after that. It's hard to say but lets say that I feel and agree that Altered Fable is not a sequel to MLA.

Then the pain comes in the night, when the hype is over. I was eating and I lost in thought a bit, then I remembered that last scene from Cherry Blossom and my eyes started tearing up. :(

Played AF a bit, it was fun. Then there comes Chronicles, not to mention TDA00.. I even made an Impression Pic of it. :D

There is no RAGE without AGE indeed.

TDA.jpg

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, type2000 said:

Then there comes Chronicles, not to mention TDA00.. I even made an Impression Pic of it. :D

There is no RAGE without AGE indeed.

I think I know that feeling.

And I was thinking that I can still handle the feels right towards the end until TDA00, then suddenly Age just had to pull that off....

Spoiler

That post credit scene when Marimo appeared... I heard a click in my brain and everything went blank.
She's back....She really is back.... After what happened in the base in MLA...

TDA was meant for continuation from Unlimited, but that showed to me once again how attached I am to those events in MLA.

On 2015/11/3 15:13:01, type2000 said:

Really like the ending, perfect for me (tho I like it if they can tell what happen with say Mitsuki, and the rest).

This is not much but:

Spoiler

When you hear the girls getting into an argument and there are background pictures of the city showing up, you can see the other Valkyries walking hidden in the crowd.

At the station for exemple, you can see Mitsuki and Haruka walking together while having a friendly chat.

I was actually kinda relieved cos

Spoiler

I hadn't spoilered myself on what happened but knew that a lot of people considered the ending to be really depressing so was expecting the worst, but then the ending was actually a happy one for me.

But apart from that I was pretty stunned for a few days from the experience as a whole (to be fair a handful of VNs have done that to me before), and started thinking more about a lot of things to do with life and all that jazz.

I cried. Hearing Mieya, Sumika and the other girls get into a similar fight that they did in Extra, than the theme slowly fade in. I started to bawl from a mix of sadness when I looked back at the events till I got to the end, and happiness for Takeru and co. coming literally full circle.

I basically just watched the credits with a satisfied smile which was followed by thinking "Crap, I don't think I will ever find another VN this good again."

Yep, that was one of my thoughts too "shit nothing is going to compare to this every again"

I was completely in tune with Takeru's feelings of happiness and sadness, and then I just sat there for a while. I think I was unable to play VNs for a bit...because MLA was just too beautiful. I am glad to this day that I did that, it made the story sink in so much deeper for me.