Fh2Hi

What did you do after finishing ML:A for the first time?

60 posts in this topic

Well, I'm definitely in the crying camp. Extra and Unlimited are powerful (I'm pretty sure I teared up in there somewhere as well), but Alternative hits like a hammer. Multiple times.

8 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

Well, I'm definitely in the crying camp. Extra and Unlimited are powerful (I'm pretty sure I teared up in there somewhere as well), but Alternative hits like a hammer. Multiple times.

Indeed. After years, I'm still trying to recharge my emotional batteries.

15 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

> but Alternative hits like a hammer. Multiple times.

Man alternative was so bad in that regard (in a good way), anytime I was in the base I was so stressed and anxious about will those goddamn PTSD inducing alarms will come on.

And of course one time I let my guard down they came on for the last time.

I had a friend who set their cellphone's alarm to play the base alarm, gg no re. They were quick to change it after the first morning!

1 person likes this

I'm mean that would surely wake them up.

They might die a few early due to stress but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Fh2Hi said:

I had a friend who set their cellphone's alarm to play the base alarm, gg no re. They were quick to change it after the first morning!

That could take a few years off of your life. Though I imagine it would be a very effective alarm. 

1 minute ago, Connor Krammer said:

That could take a few years off of your life. Though I imagine it would be a very effective alarm. 

Wow we posted the same thing, just switched the order.

Meme minds think a like

1 person likes this

It was definitely an effective alarm, haha.

I would say both of you are correct though, definitely something that would take a couple years off of one's life

13 minutes ago, GreatP3nguin said:

Wow we posted the same thing, just switched the order.

Meme minds think a like

Haha, no kidding. Didn't even realize it. O.o

Lot of tears, but at the same time lot of happiness, I just stare at the credit roll, look at the MuvLuv lyrics and then fall sleep (too many night awake reading).

1 person likes this

Just now, FaceEater said:

Lot of tears, but at the same time lot of happiness, I just stare at the credit roll, look at the MuvLuv lyrics and then fall sleep (too many night awake reading).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that when I finished Alternative it was 6:00 AM or something equally ridiculous. And that was after a string of late nights reading.

In the end I think I finished the entire series in about a week to a week and a half. Definitely no more than two. Thinking back on it, I must have just ripped through the series. 

After marathoning Alternative for 4 days straight with 5 hours slept in between, I'm finally broke down in tears, especially that noble confidant thing and Meiya's final words

A few days after that i discovered another gem in fanfiction.net, more like what i wanted from Takeru after he succeded Operation Cherry Blossom. And another sleepless nights begins :D

I think my vision got blurred out by something in my eyes right when credit starts rolling.

After that, my brain went blank for a long while remembering those things towards the ending. I probably stayed in that state for few hours before "Doubt the World" ringtone on my phone wake me up. (got the ringtone after watching TE, few weeks before starting journey on original trilogy)

And a few days later, right when I'm starting to recover, I started TDA (00 and 01). Then......
I wondered.... Why am I doing this to myself.... (I even wondered if I awoken the M-genes in me)

Then again, Muv Luv series gave the most epic storytelling experience I had read. No regrets. All in the name of true love.

1 person likes this

The ending of MLA was a bit more dry for me because right when Muv-Luv started playing the game decided to crash like it did in MLE and MLU  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I stared blankly at screen for some time (don't ask me how long, I have no idea). The I noticed the sunlight. It was morning already.

I drank red bull (it's called Krating dang here in Thailand, the original red bull) and coffee, then forced myself to go to work.

I will spare you the detail, but I kinda mess up and my colleagues asked me if I was sick or something. One of those asshole even joked that did someone I care die.

Well...he was not wrong. not wrong at all...

33 minutes ago, ViciousA said:

One of those asshole even joked that did someone I care die.

And here we have it. The ultimate example of just how deeply ML can affect a person.

1 hour ago, ViciousA said:

I stared blankly at screen for some time (don't ask me how long, I have no idea). The I noticed the sunlight. It was morning already.

I drank red bull (it's called Krating dang here in Thailand, the original red bull) and coffee, then forced myself to go to work.

I will spare you the detail, but I kinda mess up and my colleagues asked me if I was sick or something. One of those asshole even joked that did someone I care die.

Well...he was not wrong. not wrong at all...

Oh god... Working after finishing Muv Luv, that's some serious thing there.

20 hours ago, Fh2Hi said:

I think Shinji is the best comparison I've seen so far to post-ML:A PTSD. I certainly "enjoyed" the ending

both stories are similar so yeah that this the closets example so far.

Edit: for some reason my new post was merged with this one. can you MODS do something?

Edited by Otoshigami

I cried. And I don't cry very often.

After a while, I booted Extra.

1 person likes this

Playing extra after my first M-L play through was intense. Picking up on all the foreshadowing left me even more appreciative of the trilogy

Theme song played at the end, cried.

After some time and going through a tissue bok I got up from my desk and took a long walk.

Got back home, laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling...

Straight into Altered Fable for me. I needed my Extraverse SOL back.

I was like "HOLY SHIT! What a ride, 10/10, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow". Jumped some times, and stared at the screen for a while.

Then I started to discuss some things about the VN with a friend of mine.

Cried like a baby and I'm not  afraid to admit it. ML:A is one of the only two VNs(F:SN mostly because of HF) to make me cry in many parts.