Fh2Hi

What did you do after finishing ML:A for the first time?

60 posts in this topic

I must have spent... a couple weeks before opening up the client again to get 100%. Immediately after finishing ML:A I just closed my laptop and stared at the ceiling for a while.

What was your reaction to finishing ML:A?

10good!.png

Edited by Fh2Hi

Spent a long time sitting there (totally not crying or anything)

Went on my bed laid down, thought about life and Muv Luv

Got up and went to Muv Luv wikia to re-read some scenes for things I missed, then looked at the other age games

Tried googling some reddit discussions on it, looked at those and other people's reactions

Saw it was #1 on VNDB, made an account on VNDB just to rate it 10

Re-watched the credit sequence on youtube (again totally didn't cry from it again)

Debated on why live, remembered the kickstarter was announced a few weeks ago, found purpose in life, went to bed.

5 minutes ago, Fh2Hi said:

Immediately after finishing ML:A I just closed my laptop and stared at the ceiling for a while.

This. 

Tried to use what little Japanese I knew then and a Kanji dictionary to brute force my way through Chronicles. I actually made it through one of them. It was pretty good; I was expecting fan service or random TSF fights and I got serious background and character development for Marimo in boot camp. Photons ftw.

I was somewere between Shinji (I was fortunate enough not to get the ending completely spoiled, so it was quite a hard hit)

ScRR6.jpg

And Takeru's all-purpose shock/awe/despair face all while reminiscing the best moments. Staring off into space, obviously.

I... Don't really remember everything... I think I was in a post-read euphoria that hazed the majority of my memories. I remember tears. And the Muv Luv ED version being extremely nostalgia-provoking for quite a while. Same with Harukanaru Furusato no Uta, but that's an Unlimited tale...

Umm... I think similar to Anix, I wanted more. But knowing no Japanese at the time (In fact, my current Japanese is less than rudimentary) I was stuck watching. And waiting. And now the kickstarter is near concluded and I'm out $300 for an awesome piece of Luv.

But between then and my fourth VN (G-Senjou no Maou), I spent life in sort of a crazy state of not wanting to tear up at any moment.

I think Shinji is the best comparison I've seen so far to post-ML:A PTSD. I certainly "enjoyed" the ending

18 minutes ago, GreatP3nguin said:

Tried googling some reddit discussions on it, looked at those and other people's reactions

Saw it was #1 on VNDB, made an account on VNDB just to rate it 10

Both of these.

I remember being absolutely destroyed, but also conscious that this is some strange emotion that I won't feel again. You can read for the first time Muv-Luv only one time in your life.

I wish i could forget it now in order to feel entirely again with the next run that I'll start with the western release. But, maybe, I'll cry more easly by reading again the novel...

I remember not knowing what to do with myself and that I was upset (tl: a bitch) about 

Spoiler

Takeru not remembering anything.

9 minutes ago, Myrv said:

I remember not knowing what to do with myself and that I was upset (tl: a bitch) about 

Reveal hidden contents

Takeru not remembering anything.

Ikr, that was the worst part I even wanted him to remain in that world, god I was stuned, I remember there were some friends in my apartment playing halo while I was sitting in my bed with my headphones on, and the muv luv started playing... jesus did I cry on the inside...

1 person likes this

I finished it sometime in the morning on a weekend, I think I just wondered around the house aimlessly trying to figure out what life was

22 minutes ago, Rengo said:

Yeah the spoiler there was like dang. It really just slaps you

42 minutes ago, Rengo said:

and the muv luv started playing... jesus did I cry on the inside...

Holy shit, I forgot about that. That fucking song made me want to die.

It was so upbeat the first time I heard it, but when it played at the end it was like it was taunting me, "you thought this was a happy song; WRONG! Cry, you little bitch!"

It's so bright, but it feels so sad.

Joy at how nicely things wrapped up...then collapsing into bed because I'd marathoned Extra, Unlimited, and Alt in a row, even forgoing sleep completely several times! :P

I cried. Like I did at the end of Extra, and like I did at the end of Unlimited.

By the time I played Alternative I had the chance to have an appartment with large sliding doors right in front of the sea, and I was playing all night long for days as the suspense was too intense to quit. And I precisely remember what I did that night : It was probably 5 or 6 AM when I finished, the ending was playing, the feelings, already at an insane level, skyrocketed when I heard the music, and I cried. A lot. Then I just shut down my laptop, stayed on my chair for a few minutes, then got up, went to the sliding doors, opened it and stared at the sea for maybe 40 minutes. It was in Winter so the night was always dark, only lit by a beautiful full moon reflecting in the sea. What a wonderful ending view for a wonderful series.

I think I will always remember this night. And I'm not ashamed of having cried a lot. I can be pretty emotional when I'm into something, but clearly, I wish this feeling to anybody who have not yet experienced the game. I wish you will immerse yourself as much as I did, and let your feelings be entirely driven by the story. It can change your mind on a lot of levels if you let yourself dive in.

1 person likes this

My mind was blank after I finished it. I was reading five hours straight by the time I got to the credits. It took a while to get my thoughts together. I tried to look for more stuff and found the Total Eclipse anime. I finished that in the next two days. What an awesome week that was.

The only time I actually cried was when

Spoiler

Takeru and the girls graduated, when they were supposed saying goodbye to Marimo.

Edited by derek58

5 minutes ago, derek58 said:

The only time I actually cried was when

Hide contents

Takeru and the girls graduated, when they were supposed saying goodbye to Marimo.

Really?  Only that time.

if you cried there, how did you not cry at the end then.

Not sure. I was just really happy at how things ended.

2 minutes ago, GreatP3nguin said:

Really?  Only that time.

if you cried there, how did you not cry at the end then.

I just cried for Kasumi, for obvious reasons.

1 person likes this

Cried..... a lot...., thought about life and Muv Luv while staring aimlessly. Talked about it a bunch with my friend once everything had settled.

Part of the ending certainly brought a tear or two to my eyes.

After it all i'm pretty sure I saluted the screen (it's a habit, what can I say? XD) and then just stared as the credits rolled. Didn't play anything new for a while after that, had Post Plot Depression pretty bad.

I was happy to be able to blink again.

Pretty sure my eyes were doing this O_O for most of the end.

add me to the "Cried like a baby and seriously thought about life and things" list

1 person likes this