THN

The Letter VN. Wanted: Voice Actors!

11 posts in this topic

Dear fellow TSF pilots,

Is your wallet exhausted after the new Beatrix dakimakura? Do you have a beatiful, sinister or just plain funny voice? Then I have good news for you.

As you may know, The Letter is an indie horror VN funded via KickStarter, featuring some very interesting technical innovations, such as 3D sprites, animated backgrounds and quick time events.

7dcbde9dfd0bfb1419eebf916d6733d8_origina

Thanks to an anonimous backer's generosity, the game reached its first and most important stretch goal: Voice Acting!

Now the developers are looking for voice actors in an open audition.

You can read the submission guidelines here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yangyangmobile/the-letter-2/posts/1464136

So if you want to earn some money to pay all these Raptors in your BackerKit, you know what to do!

Even if you are not interested in voice acting, you can try the free Win/Mac/Linux demo (actually just an alpha version of the first chapter; the game is under heavy development and the quality boost is huge) and read the character profiles in the previous link, including a new playable character (Marianne) that doesn't show in the main page due to KS technical limitations.

Cheers!

UPDATE 1 (January 15): Calling all female TSF Pilots!

Thank you for your support! Many brave soldiers coming from the BETA battlefront are helping to make The Letter VA a dream come true.

But, right now, there are many more male than female volunteers...

Since The Letter has many female characters, let's follow the valiant example of (included but not limited to) Sumika Kagami, Meiya Mitsurugi, Kei Ayamine, Marimo Jinguuji, Kasumi Yashiro, Mitsuki Hayase, Haruko Kashiwagi, Irisdina Bernhard, Beatrix Brehme, Tsukuyomi Mana (my waifu) and, of course, @Klashvorn sweetheart and fan-favourite... Koubuin Yuuhi!

So, if you are one our intrepid female TSF pilots, join The Letter acting cast and become the voice of Isabella, Rebecca, Hannah or Marianne!

And if not, but your girlfriend, wife, mother, daughter, sister, cousin, niece or whatever has a lovely voice, she can be a voice actress, too! 

The submissions guidelines are here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yangyangmobile/the-letter-2/posts/1464136

Remember... The deadline is February 14th!

Edited by THN
Update 1: Calling all female TSF Pilots!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ack, I reached my like limit for today ! You shall have it later !

I don't think my voice range would be a fit for anyone but it's nice to be sharing this regardless :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, @Klashvorn !

I can't talk too much about the story (the voice acting link already contains enough spoilers!), but I must confess, I'm impressed so far with YangYang development team's talent and enthusiasm. For an indie studio with so very limited budget, they have some really cool ideas.

And thank you for sharing! Even if our TSF pilots are not so inclined, perhaps they know someone who could be interested in voice acting.

PS: I'm sure you have a pretty cool voice... Why don't you try? I'd love to play the game and tell my friends: "That's Klashvorn! He's in the game because I bribed him with all those sexy dakimakura pics!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of voice acting, I just started a thread of my own. You should seek out the guy who did the Muv-Luv Alternative fandub, he looks like he has talent. ;) 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, THN said:

PS: I'm sure you have a pretty cool voice... Why don't you try? I'd love to play the game and tell my friends: "That's Klashvorn! He's in the game because I bribed him with all those sexy dakimakura pics!"

I don't know why you'd think so but thanks ! Well this is embarrassing haha… ^^'

If you keep this up, I might start to wonder if you're going for the Klashvorn route xD

If you're curious about how I sound though, I guess you could take a look at some of the videos on my old YouTube channel, particularly the Broken Sword and VN ones. I was planning to start things up on a new channel, talking about and playing games for instance, but I lost motivation on the way so I need to get it back first and have some content to share lol

As for trying, I'm not sure I'd have enough spare time to commit right now to be honest, though giving more life to a character through my voice would be pretty neat for sure ! I don't think myself being pro enough for this kind of project quite yet and I need more pratice anyway :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PulakK said:

Speaking of voice acting, I just started a thread of my own. You should seek out the guy who did the Muv-Luv Alternative fandub, he looks like he has talent. ;) 

 

Thank you for the suggestion, @PulakK ! I'll check it out!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2016 at 8:34 PM, THN said:

and, of course, @Klashvorn sweetheart and fan-favourite... Koubuin Yuuhi!

Hahaha, you didn't have to mention me xD

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

I don't know why you'd think so but thanks ! Well this is embarrassing haha… ^^'

If you keep this up, I might start to wonder if you're going for the Klashvorn route xD

If you're curious about how I sound though, I guess you could take a look at some of the videos on my old YouTube channel, particularly the Broken Sword and VN ones. I was planning to start things up on a new channel, talking about and playing games for instance, but I lost motivation on the way so I need to get it back first and have some content to share lol

As for trying, I'm not sure I'd have enough spare time to commit right now to be honest, though giving more life to a character through my voice would be pretty neat for sure ! I don't think myself being pro enough for this kind of project quite yet and I need more pratice anyway :)

The @Klashvorn route is the road to victory!

About losing your motivation... I understand. I had a blog (in Spanish) about all things nerd (including anime, of course!), but my job and certain life developments made me write less and less posts, until I left unmantained a year or so.

But don't give up! You are one of the most dedicated members of the Muv-Luv community. And I'm sure a new YouTube channel would be awesome!

Meanwhile, if you want to try... The auditions are open! Who knows? Maybe you can be the voice of the next anime hero!

Anyway, have fun! And thank you for your support!

3 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Hahaha, you didn't have to mention me xD

I can edit the post if you want to... But Yuuhi herself demanded I talked about her most loyal suitor!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THN said:

The @Klashvorn route is the road to victory!

I don't know what to say to this… Embarrassed panda here :$

 

5 minutes ago, THN said:

You are one of the most dedicated members of the Muv-Luv community.

Oh, I'm just a fan among many, nothing to it :)

 

6 minutes ago, THN said:

And I'm sure a new YouTube channel would be awesome!

I'm actually already thinking of getting back to recording gameplay with commentary and maybe streaming when my internet is upgraded in the future, who knows ? But anyway, thanks for cheering, I appreciate it ^^

 

8 minutes ago, THN said:

Meanwhile, if you want to try... The auditions are open! Who knows? Maybe you can be the voice of the next anime hero!

Haha, I can see you're not giving up on your end lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Haha, I can see you're not giving up on your end lol

Never surrender! Onwaaaaard to victory!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, THN said:

I can edit the post if you want to... But Yuuhi herself demanded I talked about her most loyal suitor!

Nah that's okay, I'm fine with this :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.