Aetherdeus

TSF Forefront

7 posts in this topic

After many years of waiting anxiously for such a momentous occasion, my flame for them had died out long ago. It can always be rekindled, but that would require an actual release...or at least an Alpha/Beta build to hold our interest.

I've been waiting too but after the first UE4 video, they haven't posted anything so I've assumed it's dead. Are those videos from the same guys? Looks like a completely different game and much farther behind in development than TSF Forefront seemed. It has less animations and they are much stiffer, the models look lower poly, the textures just look like a base or nonexistant as is the case for the Type 87, completely different shading and lighting, and in general just doesn't look like TSF Forefront.

You know, I've been trying to figure that out - their first UE4 video was pretty weak textured, but these do look different. Somebody had linked it to me but I haven't been able to confirm anything. I haven't found any updates on their site, either. Last confirmed NicoNico video was like 2014 and last tweet was January, so its really a shame. Hopefully whoever this next UE4 group is will be able to finish it? Or at least open their release so somebody else could, sheesh :/

I assume it's someone different, but good luck to whoever it is. I'd really like to get something, anything. Been waiting for a TSF game ever since I finished ML. TSFs would make such a good mecha game.

I would be happy if they release an alpha or beta version of the game, I;m sure that the community could make something with the incomplete game.

This news about "an indie game development team" doing a VR Muv-Luv game seems... connected to this topic.

Who knows why I would think that, but it looks like we may finally be getting more information in the near future.

It looks like I might have to buy a Vive sometime...