Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scars Unseen

So What Did Everyone Get for Christmas?

3 posts in this topic

So, another Christmas has gone by, so naturally 'tis the season for showing off what you got.

I personally did the giving rather than the receiving, so I'll start things off by showing something my daughter was happy to see under the tree:

YLouD1M.jpg

JdP9DQj.jpg

2 people like this

Oh, so you enjoy anime and mecha despite being old enough to be a parent? How very pedantic of thee! *guffaw* *guffaw* *guffaw* *guff-ach!

Sorry, dropped my monocle. So where was I? Oh yeah, *guffaw* *guffaw* *guffaw*

I didn't really get anything myself, my boyfriend got me a tablet to do artwork with, but he also got the tickets for me to fly out to Japan to be with him for Christmas... so I'm just happy to be here, wish we'd thought of the Japanese Christmas Cakes before Christmas was over though haha! 

I've got a 9 year old niece and I've started getting her into the different series that I watched as a kid, there's some Gundam and Super Sentai, I actually got her and her little sister 2 Super Sentai box sets this year. She was watching Power Rangers and asked what the original series was like when she heard her mom and I talking about the original and how only the robots and monsters were from the original show. Sometimes sharing a little one is the most fun you can have.

I love sharing everything with my nieces the younger one is 3 so I wouldn't want her working with a blade too much, but if I see the older niece wants to start building models, maybe from Super Sentai, Gurren Lagann or One Piece, I'll definitely sit at the table with her and build my own models and talk her through building hers. I would definitely share what I've done with her and she's always asking about new anime and about what I'm eating here in Japan. She also apparently always likes to brag to her friends that I'm out here and bring her the weird kit kat flavors... even though I brought Wasabi Kit Kats home last trip...