• Ayamine (extra)
    • Marimo (extra)
    • Meiya (unlimited)
    • Ayamine (unlimited)
    • Tama (unlimited)
    • Mikoto (unlimited)
    • Sakaki (unlimited)
    • Yuuko (unlimited)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

You know - I take it all back.  Please forgive me for having not picked you, Marimo-chan!  I repent!  You're the only one for me!

But really, Marimo is absolutely adorable.

On 7/23/2016 at 11:42 PM, Mkilbride said:

Who doesn't like Kei. She's basically a man made female.

My daughters both act like her much of the time.  After your statement I now question my suitability as a father....

Edited by rlranft

6 hours ago, rlranft said:

You know - I take it all back.  Please forgive me for having not picked you, Marimo-chan!  I repent!  You're the only one for me!

My daughters both act like her much of the time.  After your statement I now question my suitability as a father....

Well if we are going on the whole gender roles thing then it would be your wife that is at fault ;) But nah screw gender roles.

1 person likes this

Just now, Randomacts said:

Well if we are going on the whole gender roles thing then it would be your wife that is at fault ;) But nah screw gender roles.

Well, the wife was asleep most of the time anyway.  That's why I finally fired her.

1 minute ago, rlranft said:

Well, the wife was asleep most of the time anyway.  That's why I finally fired her.

There is a story in there somewhere.. but it is off-topic I think =P

20 hours ago, rlranft said:

I wouldn't get overly attached if I where you...

3 minutes ago, David said:

I wouldn't get overly attached if I where you...

I know, I'm sad.  But she's fictional, so it's okay.

Another great female character is Nike (23/B-0075-NKE) from the Keith Laumer short "Miles to Go", though a 15,000 ton tank isn't as nice to ogle.

Edited by rlranft

On 11/3/2015 at 8:58 PM, LuckyTouhouStar said:

(Is this a spoiler free topic? I'll put spoilers around anyways)

I uh....actually kinda hated Meiya in Extr-*shot*

Reveal hidden contents

Like between her suddenly being in the guys bed for a reason that isn't explained for...the vast majority of the story (when I would think someone would want to actually find out??) and then her route to me being nothing but 'hey we made a promise when we met for like 5 minutes as kids so I came back all these years later because I still love you', I couldn't take her seriously at all. Gimme hate if you want but that's legit just how I felt about it playing through.

I realize this is a form of necromancy, but thought I'd chime in here anyway.  I'm not exactly a huge fan of Meiya, but I think her route in Extra is a bit better than you make it out to be.

Spoiler

I think there is significant justification as to why it's dragged out for so long - I could see the argument for it feeling a bit contrived, but it's teased pretty hard, to the point that the reader knows what happened a decent time before Takeru does.

Aside from the incredibly contrived pact with her father, Meiya's self-justification for her actions is two-fold.  First being that she's absolutely certain that Takeru is as committed to her as she is to him.  Second being that she legitimately believes they are bound together by fate. Her over-confidence is her tragic flaw (except in her route, of course).

The reason that she's so dedicated to this childhood promise is also multifaceted.  Takeru somehow said exactly what needed to be said right at a fateful crossroad in her life.  She wasn't able to socialize much after that event, and underwent extensive education and training.  She was being forced to marry someone who she never met.  She was utterly convinced that as the head of the Mitsurugi, she'd be required to seal away any of her own desires and wishes.  It was a combination of years of stress and the desire for control breaking through.

It's not exactly a masterpiece of an arc, but I think it was as well put together as it needed to be.

But Sumika's got the best route in Extra, for sure. I'm not a huge fan of Extra Meiya, Tama's route is tolerable, Ayamine's and Chizuru's are borderline unplayable for me.  At least they were the first time I played. Maybe if I go back to them now I'll have a newfound appreciation.  Probably not.

Mikoto wins in Unlimited though.  Tomboy always wins!

You forgot normal Extra endings 1 and 2. Mikoto Extra should be included. How on earth do you get a Mikoto ending? There should be a walkthrough for Mikoto Extra. Wait! Don't tell me Mikoto's ending is the same as normal Extra ending 1 or 2? Isn't Mikoto's Extra ending "different"? Also, if there is one common Unlimited route, please add that too. That Unlimited route has NO girls/women! Almost forgot. Why doesn't Yashiro nor Kyozuka have a route in Extra?

mikotoextra.PNG