4 posts in this topic

undertale_logo.png

So I wanted to mention an awesome RPG that came out on Steam about 2-3 months called Undertale. It's the story of a young kid that falls into a hole and ends up in the Underworld, where all sorts of monster species have been sealed since they lost a war against humanity a very long time ago.

It's got some very unique battle mechanics, where your soul (represented by a red heart) is mobile inside a box and the various enemies you fight will send projectiles through the box when it's their turn, and you take damage if you hit them. Along with that there's the standard Attack command, an Act command that lets you see an enemy's stats along with several other important commands, Item which lets you use HP-recovering items, and Mercy, which lets you run from battle or win by letting your opponents live. The distinction between killing and sparing isn't just for show, it's Very Important.

xscreen2.png

Along with that are some really excellent characters that are developed quite well, and some of the best music I've heard in a video game in a very long time. The graphics are deliberately reminiscent of some of the old SNES RPGS, but I never had a problem with them because how good the graphics are doesn't matter much if the rest of the game is good. It's only $10 on Steam, which I consider one hell of a deal for a game this excellent :)

Edited by derek58

Hmm, interesting. I've seen quite a few Let's Plays of this one. I think the Let's Dub Project's currently playing this game. 

It's pretty cool, a neat ost and some very good boss battle, the first hours are pretty boring, i'm not going to play it again but it has been really fun.

This thread was only a matter of time. <3

....Though saying that I'm not really sure what to say about it other than it's great, cos of spoilers and all that.

1 person likes this