Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ian

Muv Luv References

7 posts in this topic

Since Muv Luv is such an influential series, I figured we could use a topic for discussing shout-outs to the Age-Verse in various media.

I've been playing Sekai's Sound of Drop-fall into poison. One line says "Speaking of which, next week, Kimizono part three comes out. Big sister, let's go see it!" Could it be that the writers are fans of Kiminozo? https://vndb.org/v94

3 people like this

Sumika in the No Game No Life Specials.

WOj6YZ0.thumb.png.96d11610e6b670a590fa1f

The PS3 version of Muv-Luv is prominently featured in the live-action Haganai movie. Sena is always seen playing it.

5saTv5c.jpg.9a2b49e591cda982c0e957234681

Muv-Luv Alternative and Kiminozo in Genshiken.

LkeIWpm.png.8cd59740c38db8dac5bce3cd7b79WQ7m3cA.png.97aa5015604bbd47c69bc98b4639

Pilot Suits in Locodol.

9SQjQTK.thumb.jpg.a47cc82af16cd67feccca4

5 people like this

It's great that you've found so many! I had assumed that anime was full of references to Muv Luv, but to see them myself is a whole different experience! I can see the NGNL pic also features Nayuki from Kanon. Does anybody recognize the other girls?

On 12/5/2015 at 4:47 PM, Ian said:

It's great that you've found so many! I had assumed that anime was full of references to Muv Luv, but to see them myself is a whole different experience! I can see the NGNL pic also features Nayuki from Kanon. Does anybody recognize the other girls?

Ah, I was hoping someone would post the NGNL extra picture. I know the top middle girl is Konami from the To Heart 2 franchise. Ironically, I've never played the game because she is featured in both the Aquapazza fighting game and as DLC in Dungeon Travelers 2 (although she exists as a starter in Final Dragon Chronicle/Dungeon Travelers). I would assume the other girls are from Visual Novels, but we'd need a real VN expert to point them out. Kinda wish Keima Katsuragi was a real dude now.

Locodol just instantly got more awesome for that. Got the series on Blu Ray, but it might be some time before I get to it.

On 2015/12/5 at 6:47 PM, Ian said:

Top left: https://vndb.org/c4760

(with extra ahoge and bigger ribbon (like Sumika))

I have seen the last one but can't remember the name of the VN.

Whaaa?? Looks like I need to go bust out my old Genshiken DVDs and re-watch it!

Come to think of it, those games would have been right at their peak around the time the original and "part two" series were coming out (not to be confused with "second season")

An health infomercial

@ 0:50 he's building a Shiranui xD

3 people like this