VF5SS

Muv-Luv Toy photos

81 posts in this topic

Those small Laser figures are from the white 1/144 Type 00 kit, right? But what's the deal with the big one?

Managed to take some other decent outdoor pics. I really expect Kotobukiya to make non scale kits of the Gekishin and Fubuki.P1310412.thumb.JPG.300264fc0bd5701cf1316P1310390.thumb.JPG.6f30faacdd685bacee692P1310359.thumb.JPG.8beda3e3af2e7e2e4b554

2 people like this

It's time!

P1310417.thumb.JPG.0948b6f15c358f4eed34d

I think this will be a simple out of the box build, although I plan to paint the minor details and topcoat it. Anyways, it will be a interesting project after all those Gundam models.

muvride.thumb.JPG.c7719cbec95827831d52be

"Tonight, we ride." 

6 people like this

Takeru's ride is slowly taking form:

P1310449.thumb.JPG.a3ad04a9db6095fa3d251P1310437.thumb.JPG.1a2641cfc369483073fbe

The last Muv Luv kit I worked on was the XFJ-01a Shiranui in test colors back in 2011, and honestly, I didn't do a good job on it. Still, this Type 94 Shiranui, despite being so similar, feels much more solid and sturdy so far. Its nice to see Kotobukiya improved so much despite this being almost a remold of that kit.

The most noticeable upgrade I've seen so far is the way the arms are engineered, as in the 01a kit all the weight depended on a very small peg near the elbow, whose purpose was mostly to allow the arm bend backwards so the guns could shoot behind without having to turn around. Nice idea, but that sacrificed almost all the integrity of the limbs. Here we have a more traditional construction that still allows you to do that.

The head too is much more solid and the connection to the neck isn't loose at all. At least in my 01a kit the head kept dancing all over the place and falling off at the drop of a hat.

Additionally, with the Type 94 shoulders you get a total of 4 hardpoints, which are compatible with anything that has a 3mm connector, so I guess you can attach pretty much any of those Kotobukiya weapon units out there and go nuts with the equipment, but I think I'll stick to the Storm Vanguard configuration of rifle, shield and 2 swords.

Also, it is worthy to mention that applying silver paint in the inner face of the colored clear pieces does wonders. Just be aware that once you attach them, it is impossible to get them out without breaking them.

Also, the simple color scheme of this kit means that you only require to paint very few pieces. Gotta work in the lower half next.

1 person likes this

Now that Schwarzesmarken's first VN has been released and with the impending anime, I'm really hoping that Kotobukiya will make some pilot suit figures like they did for TE. I've got Yui, Cryska, Inia and Meiya, now I need Beatrix and Irisdina .Oh and how I'd love to have a figure of Yuuhi based on that one picture of her in her pilot suit. Come on Age and Kotobukiya, make these things happen so I can give you more of my money!

Another update on the Shiranui kit. The legs and feet are the section that require the most paint, even though that still is minimal (gray on the vents in the knees and the light blue trim in the ankle armor of the feet).

The boosters are identical to the Type 00 and XFJ-01a kits I have, although you are supposed to paint the middle section of the black sections (those are the fuel tanks?). The same can be said for the weapon racks. Now it is only missing the weapons. The shield is quite neat given it is so big, but it is also the section that requires the most paint, as you have to highlight all the reactive armor hexagons there.P1310546.thumb.JPG.e7a00f99fb53db89fe9d7P1310548.thumb.JPG.5373b857dcd2b719fdbc9

With the kit almost complete, I'm looking forward to see those MiG kits from the SM anime.

Sweeeeeet.

I was actually pondering about getting Yui's unit since a few days ago and I was about to order the old non scale kit from Mandarake but seeing this I'll better wait.

In other things, I'm only missing the shield now in that non scale Shiranui I'm working on. Painting those reactive armors sounds like a real pain...

On 12/17/2015 at 11:53 PM, beamknight87 said:

Sweeeeeet.

I was actually pondering about getting Yui's unit since a few days ago and I was about to order the old non scale kit from Mandarake but seeing this I'll better wait.

In other things, I'm only missing the shield now in that non scale Shiranui I'm working on. Painting those reactive armors sounds like a real pain...

I wonder if they'll release the 00A as a v1.5 as well. ¬¬

Maybe, they just need to do mere repaint of the plastic to pull it off, but I think those will be web store exclusives, like the old kits were.

And Takeru's ride is finally complete.

P1310568.thumb.JPG.e11dd851cad0ae7ae69e3P1310615.thumb.JPG.5278774dc74e39e33592dP1310621.thumb.JPG.ea36308ede6bb15f8a378P1310688.thumb.JPG.da53fd3ddf9939c4bb139

The Shiranui is a great kit. Pretty solid, has good articulation and it comes packed with lots of extras. Perhaps the only downside is that you have to paint some details in order to make it look like as it appears in the game, but that also serves to appreciate the kit even more once complete.
As I said before, the shield is the section that needs the most work, as there are a total of 13 hexagonal reactive armors that need to be painted molded in the 2 sections that form the defensive plate. The shield itself is quite big and a bit heavy, however, the arm does not sag down when you attach it and the specific hand molded for its handle holds it really welI.

I'll get Irisdina's non scale MiG-21 next, but I really hope Kotobukiya someday makes the Gekishin and Fubuki kits.

3 people like this

On 12/19/2015 at 5:10 AM, beamknight87 said:

And Takeru's ride is finally complete.

P1310568.thumb.JPG.e11dd851cad0ae7ae69e3P1310615.thumb.JPG.5278774dc74e39e33592dP1310621.thumb.JPG.ea36308ede6bb15f8a378P1310688.thumb.JPG.da53fd3ddf9939c4bb139

The Shiranui is a great kit. Pretty solid, has good articulation and it comes packed with lots of extras. Perhaps the only downside is that you have to paint some details in order to make it look like as it appears in the game, but that also serves to appreciate the kit even more once complete.
As I said before, the shield is the section that needs the most work, as there are a total of 13 hexagonal reactive armors that need to be painted molded in the 2 sections that form the defensive plate. The shield itself is quite big and a bit heavy, however, the arm does not sag down when you attach it and the specific hand molded for its handle holds it really welI.

I'll get Irisdina's non scale MiG-21 next, but I really hope Kotobukiya someday makes the Gekishin and Fubuki kits.

Kotobukiya is releasing a new UN Shiranui kit in July. I wonder if it's a v1.5 or just a reissue with additional shoulder-mounted launchers. Anyone have any insight into this release?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-416/Sci

Since I own Chronicles 04, I had to get this guy! Just received him in the mail today...

2597_1.jpg

Honestly out of all the Type-00's, I most prefer this one's design. He goes alongside my Type-94 Shiranui kit as well as a YF-23 Black Widow from Koto.

I also have an Su-37M2 and MiG-21 from Volk as the little guys, and a chibi Type-00R. My amazon wish list is ridiculously long for these guys since I just really started collecting them.

Unfortunately I just don't have the time to put them together, yet.

Edited by G3rman

1 person likes this

Celebrating the MiG-21 on the day(?) of its first flight. 

feb14migs.JPG.9b9c48a7db8fcff531a2db853b

2 people like this

oh great! a muv-luv toy thread

phew, it took me a while to trace these

921385_10205719447932679_149304384148878358_o.jpg

On 2/11/2016 at 9:29 PM, nexcal said:

Kotobukiya is releasing a new UN Shiranui kit in July. I wonder if it's a v1.5 or just a reissue with additional shoulder-mounted launchers. Anyone have any insight into this release?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-416/Sci

That is the exact same UN blue Shiranui kit. The only add on are the missile launchers and the parts to form the the long range rifles with the assault cannons. For 5,500 yen it seems pretty expensive, so I will wait when HLJ does another sale.

Also, anyone here has bought one of the MiG kits? I was going to do so, but seeing the first reviews they really need a whole lot of work, not only in terms of paint, but also regarding horrid seamlines all over the place.

On 2/23/2016 at 5:47 AM, beamknight87 said:

That is the exact same UN blue Shiranui kit. The only add on are the missile launchers and the parts to form the the long range rifles with the assault cannons. For 5,500 yen it seems pretty expensive, so I will wait when HLJ does another sale.

Also, anyone here has bought one of the MiG kits? I was going to do so, but seeing the first reviews they really need a whole lot of work, not only in terms of paint, but also regarding horrid seamlines all over the place.

Ah, I didn't notice the support assault cannon. Thanks for the heads up. I already have the initial release so I'll consider getting a second one during a sale as well.

Well newcomer here, I really love the design of the TSF's, that is how i got into the franchise. And the A3 and TMC lines from Volks are really amazing to display. Right now I will put some older pics of my first TSF's. BTW someone knows about good display bases for this ones, I'm running low in space ans some display bases can help. 

IMG_0349 (Large).JPG

IMG_0373 (Large).JPG

I managed to interject a little bit of Luv into a video I did in my regular job a while back... (shooting yourself isn't as easy.)

neuroluv.jpg

Watch it here...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, does anyone got her TSF kit? NON_TyphoonSigelinde_pkg_ol_1000-3-490x8

I didn't preordered on Koto online shop since I think it'll be available easily on YAJ or other stores with cheaper price just like the Non-Scale 00A and 00C. But turns out I can't find it sold on any website after it was released except on Koto online shop itself (which is already sold out by now). :(

On 5/20/2016 at 1:49 AM, type2000 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, does anyone got her TSF kit? NON_TyphoonSigelinde_pkg_ol_1000-3-490x8

I didn't preordered on Koto online shop since I think it'll be available easily on YAJ or other stores with cheaper price just like the Non-Scale 00A and 00C. But turns out I can't find it sold on any website after it was released except on Koto online shop itself (which is already sold out by now). :(

O.o I didn't know there was a white ef-2000 out as a non-scale kit. Looks like I missed the boat as well. I can't find a single unit on secondary markets.

Edited by nexcal
extra

My Muv luv kotobukiya collection :) 

I hope Kotobukiya will make Berkut, F-15 strike eagle, YF-23 and etc. soon like A3 lines.

DSC_4182n.jpg

DSC_4198n.jpg

DSC_4221n.jpg

DSC_4270.JPG

DSC_4234n.jpg

3 people like this

I finally decided to make an account here. I've been addicted to the volks A3 figures ever since I got back from AX. I was sad to find out that they stopped making them in 2011. Is there a possibility of the A3 line coming back? Or at least reissues of certain figures? I'd like to have an A3 Su-47 Berkut without overpaying for one. Same for the A3 F-22A Raptor EMD Phase 2.

21 hours ago, MrMechasexual said:

I finally decided to make an account here. I've been addicted to the volks A3 figures ever since I got back from AX. I was sad to find out that they stopped making them in 2011. Is there a possibility of the A3 line coming back? Or at least reissues of certain figures? I'd like to have an A3 Su-47 Berkut without overpaying for one. Same for the A3 F-22A Raptor EMD Phase 2.

To the best of my knowledge, most of the A3 line is out-of-production and are rarities. I am certain those specific figs won't be coming back or have re-runs of them made. That's not to say that the line is dead though since you can still get a handful of the common A3s directly from the Volks web store. If you're gunning for the Su-47 Berkut or any of the Raptors, you'll most certainly have to look towards the second-hand market. Same goes for pretty much most of the A3 line. To be honest, however way you look at it, you'll have to pay a reasonable sum of money to obtain A3s in general. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

1 person likes this