PulakK

Muv Luv fanfiction

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Anix said:

They certainly didn't make many friends...

Who needs friends when you have a Raptor?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Tanon said:

More importantly, when you can nuke them from orbit.

To be honest, once we're armed with the Holy book of knowledge (Integral Works before, now the Codex), probably a lot of people will find it easier. If MuvLuv has one thing is very extensive lore, and there's potential stories everywhere.

I mean, there's for example the retaking of Europe (confirmed to be starting during 2005 I think) and Asia to think after Ouka (and you can probably include characters from Total Eclipse there). On before we have Alternative III, the evacuation of Western Europe (happening just after Schwarzesmarken) with the 7 heroes of Britain and the Battle of London, which promise to make the entire Imperial Army and USA look like babies: I mean, not only withstanding an Invasion by the Beta but also retaking what they took with the forces of an entire continent on the run and with only scarce 1st generation machines and tanks?  With Japan going down (at least until the G-Bombs) when they had 3rd generations and at least 20 years of preparation, I can't imagine how much a bloody fight that was. There's also the supposed holy jihad declared by the entire Middle East (without any TSFS!) declared against the BETA that managed to stall them for some time, China somehow lasting more than 20 years fighting against them despite being the first in their path, etc

Really, there are a lot of cool stories out there.

18 minutes ago, Tanon said:

Why I staloked the whole day on the 30th to secure that tier. Friends are worthless. Murica strong. All hail Walken.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Why I staloked the whole day on the 30th to secure that tier. Friends are worthless. Murica strong. All hail Walken.

I did the exact same thing to secure mine. Still want a TSF jacket though...

There may need to be a fanfiction with Walken as the main character.

Edited by Tanon

12 hours ago, Tanon said:

I think there may have been one original side story that involved stuff from Alternative III

I find this piece quite nice, and plausible for its setting: Operation Swaraj. My own current favorites are: a crossover with Warhammer 40k: Olympus Knights, and a what-if TE piece: Comet. Hope that last one gets continued. And for those more into quests, /tg/ had an Euro Front - based quest some time ago: Muv-Luv Royal Quest.

Speaking of Muv-Luv's fanfiction scene, Comet aside, what I personally would like to see are Chronicles / TSFiA - type fan stories - those stories which flesh out the shared world even more - filling out the canvas initiated by the trilogy, so to speak. In this the impending Codex release is heaven-sent, as it gives details on the world's geopolitical, technological, etc, state, as well as the science fiction mechanics involved in the core trilogy.I hope For example, one can write a story about international maneuvering and popular movements amidst the backdrop of MLverse Latin America; a coming-of-age story amidst the refugee camps of Australia and North America; a Romeo-and-Juliet romance blossoming on the battlefields of the Suez Canal; even a slice-of-life story set in a rural village just before the BETA invade.Wink, wink Another thing is that lots of technical, etc details in the Alternative world correspond closely or has parallels with real life, (those who read Alternative may be reminded of a certain real-world space project...), so fanwriters can inject just enough of a Reality Subtext to capture the minds and hearts of the readers.

It is my hope that the fan stories would be of a quality on par with the current lore, and would be deemed worthy of inclusion into canon. After all, Wei Luxin, writer of The Day After and writer #2 at age, started out as a fan writer himself (and still writes fan stories for ML), and Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles: Chicken Divers was originally fanfiction.

Edited by The Green String

1 person likes this

A friend of mine was actually thinking about writing a story in Light Novel format with Art included that takes place Post-Alternative IV to show how current technology would translate into their universe but considering that the Codex will contain some previously unknown information about the setting he might just hold off until that is released.....

Then again the other alternative (HA!) is that he could work on the story now and just update it after the Codex is out.

5 hours ago, JakatoX said:

Then again the other alternative (HA!) is that he could work on the story now and just update it after the Codex is out.

Sir, go sit in the corner. Now here's your cookie. Now hold still for your execution. What? You thought you were rewarded? That was a "Last Request" cookie. Not your last request? Too bad.

That pun was awwwwwful.

... Okay, fine, you did get a chuckle out of me.

8 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

That pun was awwwwwful.

... Okay, fine, you did get a chuckle out of me.

I'll take what I can get ^_^

Hello. This is my first post in this site. 

I will say that it's thanks to fanfiction that I became aware of Muv Luv in the first place, all thanks to this Muv-Luv crossover story I found when I was looking for Supreme Commander fanfics:

Luv and Hate

Muv-Luv/Supreme Commander Quest/Story

1 person likes this

You know crawling through the wiki again made me wish someone would make a duelist fic. That or maybe a fic where Takeru's a Kamen Rider or something, I mean with infinite universes anything's possible lol.

Okay guys, I don't think I'll be able to do a complete Muv-Luv fanfic for some time, but I just found out about Halo 5's major plot twist, and I have an idea brewing for a crossover that any of you is welcome to finish.

Of course, this pilot chapter contains major spoilers for both Muv Luv and Halo 5. Ahem.

Spoiler

"Stand down, Kagami! I said STAND DOWN!" said the voice of the legion Meiya could only hope was Takeru.

"Protect! Protect! Protect!" Sumika's cries echoed throughout the Hive.

Meiya never thought that she would see the day that she'd enter a BETA Hive. But even moreso, she never figured that the BETA Superior would turn out to be her old friends.

It seemed like ages since she'd been a mere heiress who swore to wed and protect Shirogane Takeru. He'd chosen his childhood friend over her, and she hadn't minded. She though that with her beloved finding happiness, her school days would carry on in peace.

That one day she had woken up, and found her entire reality ripped away from her. Trapped in an alternate dimension, where humanity was besieged by a ruthless alien army known as BETA, or Beings of Extraterrestrial origin: Adversarial. The death toll of the BETA had been massive, the loss of life innumerable, but unlike what she and everyone else had though previously, the purpose of the BETA didn't seem to be the destruction or harvesting of all life on the planet. The purpose of the BETA was control.

And now she had discovered why.

"I won't let you hurt him! I'll stop you! I must protect! PROTECT!" Sumika's cries echoed once more.

A swarm of soldier BETAs tried to bullrush Meiya's squad, but their TSF units plowed through them with ease.

For all the aggression Sumika seemed to be showing, the BETA  assaults on their unit were decidedly lackluster, and they'd suffered no casualties thus far. Meiya suspected this was Takeru's doing; he was trying to keep Sumika in line, while she was feebly rebelling out of a desire to protect him. This also meant that Takeru was the true Superior, not Sumika.

"I'm sorry, Meiya, I'm so sorry!" Takeru said. "You're safe now. Please, come on over. We have much to discuss."

And true to his word, Meiya's team encountered no further BETA. But no one was fooled. They were only standing down on the Superior's orders. Takeru's mercy was the only thing keeping any of them alive.

"It's so good to see you! I didn't think I'd you'd be alive! Not after what the BETA did to our home. But I'm so glad you're safe!"

"What are you talking about? Aren't you the one responsible for the BETA's actions?"

"I am now. But I wasn't at the start. The BETA destroyed my original body, but I was rescued, rebuilt, and sent to negotiate with the original Superior. But I have now surpassed the Superior! The BETA are mine now, Meiya. I'll use them to build a beautiful new world! And you will build it with me."

"How many people have to die for your new world, Shirogane? I am aware of the body count, as are you."

"See, Takeru-chan?!" Sumika's shrill voice rang. "They're not here to join us! They don't belong in our world! Let me destroy them!"

"NO, Sumika!"

Suddenly, Meiya and her squad found themselves In a dark room, and a door behind them closed.

"Shirogane!"

"It's okay, Meiya. I just can't let you see my true form. But I am still the Shirogane you know."

A hologram emerged, and it looked exactly the way Takeru had looked back when she was in her own universe. He smiled at Meiya, and walked over to her.

Chizuru attempted to block his way, but Meiya held her hand up,  signalling her to stand down.

"I'm glad you're safe, Meiya. I'm glad I'm finally seeing you again."

"Enough of the mind games, Takeru. Why did you bring us here?"

"To invite you to the new world's Council! The BETA are an invaluable weapon, Meiya. I knew once I made contact with the Superior that they were not meant to be destroyed, but controlled. With the BETA, we can uplift humanity to its ideal state! A world run by kind, honorable people who always have the interests of the many at heart. Sumika and I are already at work building our paradise. With you, the Council will be complete."

"What are you saying, Shirogane? Don't you see all the death and destruction you've wrought? No paradise is worth such merciless slaughter of human life!"

"I only killed the impure. The ones who were unwilling to surrender their will to the greater good!  I gave them the chance to join me. I told them my plans for the utopia I was going to create! But they refused. They were driven by arrogance and hatred. But I know you're not like them, Meiya. You realize what is truly at stake." 

"No, Shirogane. I can't allow the creation of a world where the fate of humanity is decided by a select few. You can't rob people of their free will like this."

"Saving the world is not enough, Meiya! We need to create a world worth saving in the first place! With the power of the BETA, we can undo the atrocities of mankind! We can annihilate the wicked of this world! We can ensure no one ever suffers again!"

"You don't know that, Shirogane-kun." said Meiya, coldly looking Shirogane in the eye.

"In that case, goodbye Meiya." Shirogane said, as a swarm of BETA  descended on Meiya's squad. She knew they didn't stand a chance. They were completely overwhelmed.

"I won't kill you yet." Takeru said as he walked away. "You will be kept in a safe place, and you'll be allowed to see for yourself the glorious new world Sumika and I will bring about. Then you will understand. I know you will."

I don't tend to read cross overs because most of the time it involves a work I'm unfamiliar with. If you post a pure Muv-Luv fanfiction I'll be able to offer critique but x-overs are really not my thing.

9 minutes ago, David said:

I don't tend to read cross overs because most of the time it involves a work I'm unfamiliar with. If you post a pure Muv-Luv fanfiction I'll be able to offer critique but x-overs are really not my thing.

Well, it's less of a canon crossover than a plotline crossover. I just took a major plot twist from Halo 5 and transplanted it into the Muv-Luv universe.

I wrote a one-shot fanfiction last night~! Although it's more pre-Schwarzesmarken than anything else and based on my slightly limited knowledge...

(Sorry about the different pen name; I started writing fanfiction long before I figured out about Muv Luv :D )

Kerzenlicht

WOHOO!

Okay, so this isn't exactly a Muv-Luv fanfic per se, but I did write this poem while thinking about Alternative's ending, and for a while the site hosting it was down. But now that my poem is back, I feel it'd be fitting to share it with the lot of you so you can guess just how Muv Luv influenced it. https://www.booksie.com/posting/pulak-km/im-sending-you-home-208434

4 hours ago, PulakK said:

WOHOO!

Okay, so this isn't exactly a Muv-Luv fanfic per se, but I did write this poem while thinking about Alternative's ending, and for a while the site hosting it was down. But now that my poem is back, I feel it'd be fitting to share it with the lot of you so you can guess just how Muv Luv influenced it. https://www.booksie.com/posting/pulak-km/im-sending-you-home-208434

Wow, even though I haven't played Muv-Luv yet, this is an extremely well-written poem! I'm sure after I've finished the games that I'll have a revised note of appreciation and thanks at the beauty of this :)

10 minutes ago, KirisuEmiko said:

Wow, even though I haven't played Muv-Luv yet, this is an extremely well-written poem! I'm sure after I've finished the games that I'll have a revised note of appreciation and thanks at the beauty of this :)

"Extremely"? Damn, that's flattering! :x

Alright, folks. I can see the thread's been dormant for a bit but in honor of a book I just bought (major prizes for guessing which one) here's a..."review" of the Muv Luv series by your resident Otaku Psycho!

Spoiler

Arihara-san's import double-breasted blazer hangs on the door-hanger as he stumbles into my living room. I calmly walk behind him, eager to show him the brand new home theater system I got from my contact back at Tokyo, who always...

...who the fuck am I kidding here? This bastard doesn't give a shit about what I own, unless of course he can tout his superiority over me. And the passion I did my best to suppress rises as swiftly as my member. I haven't felt so much anticipation since my days as a hentai, heh, heh.

"That's a nice TV you got there, Banta-kun!" says Arihara as he chokes on his sake.

"I'm flattered!" I say with a cheerful tone, which comes naturally to me for the first time in a possible eternity. Yes, to this man and to the world at large I am Banta-kun. The perfect pal with the perfect personality, perfect looks, perfect charm. Of course, this is not who I really am. Perhaps there is no real me after all.

Even though there's this idea of Banta-kun, an abstraction who dresses up, smiles and bows when expected to, and proudly asserts his Yamato Damishii, in all the days of my life, I have simply never been there. Never been there to mean what I say, never been there to give a crap about this godforsaken country and world.

And if arrogant bastards like Arihara-san aren't any better than me, well, they're fair fucking game.

"American cuisine is fucking brilliant, no matter what else you may say about them, you know! The charcoal flavoring of...what was it, the Dorsia special?" Arihara blabbers on.

Ah, yes, there's my Alienware-300 PC connected via a Horizon X500 Fiber-Optic cable to my exclusive prototype home theater system. This should serve as the perfect backdrop.

"Arihara-san, do you enjoy watching movies?"

"Ah, pssh, movies are all the same these days, Banta-kun! Cynical cash-ins with sequilitis syndrome everywhere! We need to go beyond the conventional, beyond what the marketing conspiracy tells us!"

"I couldn't agree more! We are the elites of Japanese society! Our tastes need to be more niche and refined!"

"Hell yeah, Banta-kun! You really are the lovable gentleman, knowing exactly what his friends are thinking!"

"Arigato, Arihara-san!" I bow. "Indeed, I have discovered works of art far too intellectually and emotionally stimulating for the unwashed baka masses to buy, let alone understand!"

I crouch down and examine my DVD collection. Ah, there it is!

"Have you ever heard of the Muv-Luv series, Arihara-san?"

"Oooh, is that hentai, Banta-kun! So you are a man after all, eh?!"

"Indeed it is! But it's not just any other hentai game wherein all you do is fulfill you moe fantasies, though one could be forgiven for being under the impression after playing Muv-Luv Extra, the first installment in the series.

What begins as a by-the-numbers eroge soon transforms into one of the most brilliantly crafted pieces of subversive fiction of the 21st century. The protagonist of the H-games, Shirogane Takeru, is initially indistinguishable from the hot-blooded goofballs that saturate the anime, manga and hentai markets, and thus more jaded players may find it hard to empathize with, or connect to him. All that changes when you finish the main heroine routes in Muv-Luv Extra, and unlock Muv-Luv Unlimited, the game wherein Takeru's trials begin in earnest. 

In Unlimited, Takeru finds himself trapped inside a parallel universe, wherein he discovers his old friends and love interests fighting for their lives in an apocalyptic wasteland ravaged by Beings of Extraterrestrial Origin that are Adversaries of the human race, or BETA for short. Of course, his old friends and loved ones have never actually met him before he dropped into their world, but nonetheless, Takeru begins to train as a mecha pilot in order to protect the world he has grown to care about. However, Unlimited pulls no punches in showing what an uphill battle everyone is facing, and indeed, the game ends on a somber note with the majority of humanity on the brink of certain destruction.

The culmination of Takeru's trials is the final Muv-Luv game, Muv-Luv Alternative. Finding himself back in the beginning of the Unlimited timeline, with his memories of humanity's dark future intact, Takeru, with a new-found heroic resolve does everything he can to change humanity's fate for the better. In the process, however, he also faces his most demanding and debilitating challenges yet. As the culmination of Takeru's character development and story arc, Alternative is the most popular Muv-Luv game in the series, and the one that has garnered near-universal acclaim from fans and critics alike, despite the more mixed reception of its predecessors, Extra and Unlimited."

"Hey, there's a lot of paper everywhere, Ganta-kun. Have you been repainting the room?"

"No, Arihara-san." I say, propping my axe behind the couch Arihara-san is sitting on, and then fastening my raincoat.

"Hey, you're wearing a raincoat!"

"I am! Since the success of Muv-Luv Alternative, the original H-game series has evolved into a massive multimedia franchise. The most notable spin-off of the Muv-Luv H-games, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, even received an anime adaptation. Though successful and generally well-received, some argue that its focus on an entirely new cast of characters and story arc significantly dilutes the series' message. Nevertheless, the H-game series that's been defined by Kouki Yoshimune's subversive style of bait-and-switch storytelling will go down in history as one of the most emotionally-captivating, and perhaps even enlightening stories ever told. There is truly something to be said about Shirogane Takeru's character growth, once you see him going from a lazy harebrained everydude, to a hardened warrior who marches to the beat of JAM Project's Carry On," I pick up the remote and start playing the song on my surround system, "And finally fulfills his heroic destiny. Hey, Arihara-san?" I continue, picking up my axe.

"Huh?" he says, looking around.

"GYAAAAAH!" I scream, hitting him perfectly in the jugular. "Try getting one of those Dorsia specials now, you STUPID FUCKING BASTARD!!!"

*Splat* *Splat* ahhhh, that feels so good.

*Splat* *Splat* phew, swinging that axe sure is tiring. I toss that thing across the room and lie down on the couch, smiling serenely at Arihara-san's mangled body.

"Carry on, my way." I hum as I light a cigar. "Carry on, my way."

Sooo, I'm a bit new to forums in general - this would be the second time I've ever posted something in a forum of any description - so forgive me if I come across as a bit awkward. I wrote a Muv-Luv fanfic about a half-month ago. One of my readers suggested I send out word on places like Animesuki or the community website, so, here I am.

Anyway, I'll post a link. If someone wants to give me their thoughts in the form of a review or something, I'd appreciate it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11725719/1/The-Long-War

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9291917/1/Muv-Luv-Breaking-the-Tide

by HitokiriOTD, where I found REALLY good writing.  Also, a post-Alternative "continuation" where Takeru goes through another loop, but ends up doing things a bit differently...  Only issue is that it hasn't been updated since 2014 and is stuck at about 75k words.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/refuge-in-audacity-or-die-trying-muv-luv-unlimited-alternative-si.377586/

by Heir of the Void on SB, where an SI is placed at the BETA Invasion of Japan with a better than average TSF, and a head full of pilot training.  He attempts to change the course of history from that point on- and gets rather interesting in my opinion.  Also included are a bunch of supplemental information posts that analyze some of the differences (and why they occurred as well as impact) of Muv-Luv Earth and our Earth.  Also, technical information posts that analyze the mechanics of how some things work in Muv-Luv.