PulakK

Muv Luv fanfiction

49 posts in this topic

Because, unless the creators explicitly oppose it, I think it'd be nice to have a platform for people to share their stories. Also, I may be working on one of my own ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while since I read stuff from there, but you could check https://www.fanfiction.net/,potentially write your fanfic(s) there and share the link(s) here :) 

I'm not aware of other places convenient enough to share stories though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very funny! I just started on reading Muv-Luv fics, however small the number is (the reason why I didn't before). Fanfics of Muv-Luv feel dead, despite its fanbase. You can't compare it to Harry Potter which has its own never ending world, but at least a decent number of 1k~2k fanfics would have been nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the KS being this successful, fanfics could benefit from the exposure and more could just pop out in the coming weeks/months, you never know ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I see your point. Archive of Our Own's also a thing, and it's a little more lax in its rules too.

Edited by PulakK
It's Archive of "Our" Own. God, am I dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually thought of it when they put out more details about the codex. The world is certainly detailed enough for it, and you could go in plenty of directions considering the way the plot works. There's more than enough minor characters and settings that haven't been fleshed out that you could make them more prominent, like with the fandisks/photons. It's actually the same reason that the Harry Potter fanon works well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JordanBookWorm said:

I guess I'll kick things off. Here's the story that I've been working on for a while:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10969037/1/The-Alternative-Effect

Haven't updated in a while because of uni. Too much stuff going on, but classes are done after this week.

I was thinking about doing a rewrite after I finish the current chapter.

Is this a Muv-Luv Mass Effect crossover! Damn, I was thinking about making a post discussing what the two franchises have in common, but I was afraid it'd degenerate into a flame war with idiots screaming "MY GAME IS BETAR!" (see what I did there?)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're the person who does that??? Update it already!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Orion Black said:

You're the person who does that??? Update it already!

Small world, huh?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I haven't found any really excellent Muv Luv fan fiction online. There was a pretty good one on...Sufficent Velocity awhile back by Whiskey Golf about Yuuya from TE and how things went much differently for him, but it hasn't updated in ages :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JordanBookWorm said:

I guess I'll kick things off. Here's the story that I've been working on for a while:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10969037/1/The-Alternative-Effect

Haven't updated in a while because of uni. Too much stuff going on, but classes are done after this week.

I was thinking about doing a rewrite after I finish the current chapter.

A crossover I never expected, yet welcome wholeheartedly. Favorite game meets favorite VN...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orion Black said:

You're the person who does that??? Update it already!

I will....probably....it's been a busy few months. I've got about a quarter of the next chapter done, and I know where I want the story to go, I just haven't had the time to sit down and hammer out 10k words. Classes finish this Friday, my last assignment is due on Friday, and I have a single exam in two weeks. 

The issue is that I also have Halo 5, Fallout 4, Battlefront and a massive backlog of anime to get through. The upside is that I can write while watching, so that helps. If I sit down for a whole day and write, I could get at least half the chapter done.

 

One of the problems I've had writing, and one of many complaints I've seen in the reviews is that I've made the BETA much less of a threat. I've kinda explained away the BETA, but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amazing Agent D said:

There's this 88 chapter fic that hasn't been updated in over a year about Takeru force resetting at the end of Alt https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/1/Muv-Luv-One-Last-Time-into-the-Loop I think someone had actually started on turning the first few chapters into VN format.

Huh... I don't usually ever read fanfiction, but I have read that one. Wonder if the person who wrote it is lurking here somewhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Amazing Agent D said:

There's this 88 chapter fic that hasn't been updated in over a year about Takeru force resetting at the end of Alt https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/1/Muv-Luv-One-Last-Time-into-the-Loop I think someone had actually started on turning the first few chapters into VN format.

The beginning of this story (sans the opening chapter) is very solid and almost professional level at it's best. However it feels like the story is suffering from its own length. I can't say its a must-read for every fan, but relative to the other fics around, and considering the sheer length, it's definitely among the best you'll find.

Some of the things I didn't like was Takeru killing himself and resetting time despite not being able to (he was no longer a time looper at that point) and also him perfectly remembering everything from Alternative. The story itself showed us that Alternative Takeru barely remembers his past loops, and yet this story went against what was presented and gave Takeru perfect memories of the events from Alternative. Maybe it was explained later on in the fic, but I must have missed it then.

Edited by David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HYuy said:

Huh... I don't usually ever read fanfiction, but I have read that one. Wonder if the person who wrote it is lurking here somewhere...

It'd be fun if they were, sadly I don't think he is. Shame tho I'd love to pick his brain about the fic.

24 minutes ago, David said:

The beginning of this story (sans the opening chapter) is very solid and almost professional level at it's best. However it feels like the story is suffering from its own length. I can't say its a must-read for every fan, but relative to the other fics around, and considering the sheer length, it's definitely among the best you'll find.

Some of the things I didn't like was Takeru killing himself and resetting time despite not being able to (he was no longer a time looper at that point) and also him perfectly remembering everything from Alternative. The story itself showed us that Alternative Takeru barely remembers his past loops, and yet this story went against what was presented and gave Takeru perfect memories of the events from Alternative. Maybe it was explained later on in the fic, but I must have missed it then.

Pretty sure it was explained in the first chapter that Takeru had Kasumi restore and reinforce his memories before he forcefully reset in the first chapter actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amazing Agent D said:

Pretty sure it was explained in the first chapter that Takeru had Kasumi restore and reinforce his memories before he forcefully reset in the first chapter actually.

Oh right, but isn't that fanon? I don't remember Kasumi having the ability to "write" memories on someone else.

And that still doesn't explain the first part...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David said:

Oh right, but isn't that fanon? I don't remember Kasumi having the ability to "write" memories on someone else.

And that still doesn't explain the first part...

Technically she wouldn't have been "writing" memories so much as unblocking them and making them more accessible. As for the first if Sumika still had enough "pull" to guide Takeru's soul/consciousness to Final Extra after Alt then there's the minute possibility that Takeru could have still overwritten the end destination for himself if he had a strong enough will. (Gotta love the theoretical workarounds that Yuuko gives over the course of Alt)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Amazing Agent D said:

Technically she wouldn't have been "writing" memories so much as unblocking them and making them more accessible. As for the first if Sumika still had enough "pull" to guide Takeru's soul/consciousness to Final Extra after Alt then there's the minute possibility that Takeru could have still overwritten the end destination for himself if he had a strong enough will. (Gotta love the theoretical workarounds that Yuuko gives over the course of Alt)

I'm not sure if the Kasumi thing is canon tbh.

For the second, I think it's more like releasing a Helium balloon into the air. The balloon (Takeru) was anchored to the ground (00 Unit) and when he was released, the 00 unit guided his path. I'm not sure if having will power would have helped him stay in the Alternative world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not sure if the Kasumi thing is canon tbh.

For the second, I think it's more like releasing a Helium balloon into the air. The balloon (Takeru) was anchored to the ground (00 Unit) and when he was released, the 00 unit guided his path. I'm not sure if having will power would have helped him stay in the Alternative world.

Eh the Kasumi thing may or may not be canon but they never went into a full explanation about the limits of Kasumi's powers, pretty sure they couldn't have tho considering top secret and all that. As for will power Yuuko said it was one of the things helping keep him there as well as people's awareness of him and Sumika's wish, however Yuuko had also talked about how having a strong enough focused will/desire could potentially help him slip to a specific point in time if he ever got the chance. Still tho a fic is a fic, not like any single one's ever going to be completely perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HYuy said:

Huh... I don't usually ever read fanfiction, but I have read that one. Wonder if the person who wrote it is lurking here somewhere...

I've read that one as well and a few others from there as well. That one is probably one of my favorites.

I think there may have been one original side story that involved stuff from Alternative III which is something I think writers should do more of. Not that I don't love Takeru, I just think that there are many possibilities for creating an original story in the Muv-Luv universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanon said:

I've read that one as well and a few others from there as well. That one is probably one of my favorites.

I think there may have been one original side story that involved stuff from Alternative III which is something I think writers should do more of. Not that I don't love Takeru, I just think that there are many possibilities for creating an original story in the Muv-Luv universe.

Agreeable. I know I've been sitting on an idea regarding the political climate after Operation Ouka/Possibly after the entirety of the BETA War on Earth. I feel like, without the technological evolution featured in the other fanfiction here, The Alternative Effect, that, once we purge the BETA from Luna, mankind would probably fall into its old habits of self-destruction. I mean, look at the development of the 'Murican Raptor. It's capable of handling BETA, sure, but when you get down to it, its true purpose, as everyone knows, is for the post-BETA Earth.

But anyways, I think that alot could be done before and after the timeframe of Alternative IV.

Edited by Shinygami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

 I mean, look at the development of the 'Murican Raptor. It's capable of handling BETA, sure, but when you get down to it, its true purpose, as everyone knows, is for the post-BETA Earth.

But anyways, I think that alot could be done before and after the timeframe of Alternative IV.

They certainly didn't make many friends...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.