Shadow Heartbreaker

Attention Admirals! We have shipgirls!

4 posts in this topic

So. Since a lot have been opening threads here and there, I thought I should make one too. And since we are moe military fans, I'm sure there are a few teitokus among us, besides me(I noticed a Tatsuta vs Tenryuu gif signature somewhere). So, any fans here? Be it teitokus or simply lovers of the idea.

For newcomers to Kantai Collection, it's a webnavigator "card" game based on... Random. Which is kinda frustrating and not much of a gameplay. BUT, the team you use is composed of manifestation of WWII boats in human form. Moe boats? Moe boats.

I love the idea and the designs. It's kinda interesting to see how they would make an object "human-like" (if we talk about Vocaloid songs, Hayabusa is an excellent one, lyrics being the Spacecraft Hayabusa compared to someone making a long journey. And she sings her thoughts. That was touching). Aaaand damn those designs are kinda nice, not being too much mechas like Strike Witches(which I should have loved, but tI don't like the designs), using the boat parts as armaments, and keeping an unique enough look for each ship class.

(I wonder if this should be a joint-thread with Arpeggio... Well, maybe not a good idea, both are quite different)

Anyway. What I love most though, is the fanbase, like Touhou Project. And by that I mean the fans making stuff. Fanarts, but also stories. There are really good doujins, some trying to explain logically the mechanics, some using the ship's past (sinking, or losing fellows boats/comrades, reacting the battles with the girls), or playing with our emotions. Damn, those feels sometimes when you read good stuff(or see a shipgirl dying in a fanmanga; they love to make it emotionnal). Thetre are also really, really funny stories based on what they inteerpret from the shipgirls' quotes and apparent personnality.

If anybody's interested, I could share some doujins posted on danooru pools and such.

034011e2e0928e95e3a401b6ff56d7a6.jpg

e2dd8e6233cf907aa5c6d013f1bfcd8b.png

5114b6286dc807a65e6c1b9a7b1a8737.jpg

2 people like this

Ahhhhh good ol' Kancolle, tried to figure out how to play it and eventually just gave up before switiching to Kan-clone (AKA Warship Girls) at the very least the anime was cute for the most part though. :)

Hi there~ I started playing it nearly one year after it's release. I started playing it after seeing some fanarts of the ships online. I enjoy playing it because of it's game mechanics, because I like games involving strategic planning rather than combat/action games (, and ironically I always have bad luck when it comes to Gacha, which is also main feature of the game). It's also interesting seeing how some girls' personality and designs were based on NETA and some historical events/lores. Enjoy reading those funny kanmusu shippings (Kitakami and Ooi, such brilliant chemistry~XD) to some historical experience (I feel sad for Shigure...)

Best kanmusu(s?!) to Shigure and Bismarck~~

ddcddc25bc315c6064b99a9d8bb1cb1349547743.jpg

f022378b4710b912c174fb98c5fdfc03934522d5.jpg

KC15-7-5.gif

On 28/11/2015 at 8:34 PM, Amazing Agent D said:

Ahhhhh good ol' Kancolle, tried to figure out how to play it and eventually just gave up before switiching to Kan-clone (AKA Warship Girls) at the very least the anime was cute for the most part though. :)

Well, it's kinda tough to get past the lottery, and the first days of adapting to the game while checking the wiki regurlarly to get used to the menu. At first I though you were talking about the other KC clone: the chinese one with the exact same interface, ships, etc... But with an even more unbalanced gameplay where you get ridicule firepower, from the usual 200 of the battleships to 200000 or such. And we get some funny things there too, between the Raiden ship(Ikazuchi who climbs on Inazuma), or the Drum-Canister cut-in xD

Even as a fan, I think Kancolle is very repetitive and not all that good. I usually play it in the background while doing something like watching an anime. Else you will get bored quick. Now I only stack passively some resources with expeditions and get some xp during pvp, but otherwise I don't play much, unless they start an event, to discover the new girls(well, I'm still a teitoku for a year already, and have a decent fleet and am level 99). I mostly love the universe, the designs and the idea.

On 29/11/2015 at 1:42 AM, Svenhent said:

Hi there~ I started playing it nearly one year after it's release. I started playing it after seeing some fanarts of the ships online. I enjoy playing it because of it's game mechanics, because I like games involving strategic planning rather than combat/action games (, and ironically I always have bad luck when it comes to Gacha, which is also main feature of the game). It's also interesting seeing how some girls' personality and designs were based on NETA and some historical events/lores. Enjoy reading those funny kanmusu shippings (Kitakami and Ooi, such brilliant chemistry~XD) to some historical experience (I feel sad for Shigure...)

Best kanmusu(s?!) to Shigure and Bismarck~~

Ooh, a fellow admiral here, hello o/

AS I stated earlier, I'd disagree with you, I'm not really fan of the gameplay. It is enjoyable to an extent but I find it rather boring if you play too much, as it's often frustrating due to that luck-based stuff. And I'm especially unfortunate, probably Fusou-level.In the Summer vent, when people tend to pass the 1st and 2nd node easily and have trouble with the preboss, boss or the pre-preboss node... I couldn't get past the 1st node 60% of the time. And get redirected to another node even thought it was confirmed on the wiki my fleet was 100% no-deviation. I get some heavy damaged really easily too. Even my friends were like "are you kidding me, it's not possible to be THIS unlucky".

That being said, I can understand and relate to the luck factor, as if you could choose who you hit like your usual RPG, events would be cleared really easily, just focus on the boss and all.

The anime was not bad, but I wasn't happy with it, mainly because they didn't really know what to do... All those game quotes were some nice fanservice but... They started to get lost on what the anime should be. When it was announced, I was expecting a slice of life/comedy anime like we'd usually have, and I was hoping for some dark, dark story involving all the tragedies of the shipgirls(doujins tend to excel n those dark stories and I've read stuff that moved me sometimes more than official manga, if only for a moment.). But I don't know what to think about the anime, between stuff like what happened if episode 3, 6 and the final. (anyone know how to put spoilers? I tried the BBcode but didn't work so I deleted the spoilers )

Haaa, good choice, Shigure is a nice girl. My top favourite are: Houshou, Yamato and Shigure, but I tend to appreciate most of the girls. Though, I love some more than others, like Ryuujou, Myoukou, Kuroshio, Kitakami.... I dunno why, but I love kansai-ben(even though I tended to hate it some years ago) so Ryuujou and Kuroshio quiclky climbed in my heart(and I have to say, those girls seems to be kinda your best pal, sticking with you at any time, tapping your back, and all). I'm also a traitor to the cause as I really love the Wo-class of the abyssal fleet. 

Also, nobody ask, but I'm gonna share a bit of stories I find good!

A story that tries to explain the game mechanics with interesting theories. Rather dark, but I really loved it and the ideas are plausible.

I really liked that story. A female admiral arrive at the base and gets to know the 6th DesDiv(who are adorable destroyers btw). Cute and moving, please read!

One of the funniest doujins out there. Akebono is your typical tsun. Only tsun. In game, she doesn't display any symapthy and calls you Shitty Admiral. But this artist drew a story where the admiral is some pokerface troll. Hilarity ensues as Akebono gets into weird situations.

That author leaves me perplexed. His stories are dark and gruesome and his drawings are somewhat violent and disguting in his gallery. But his kancolle stories know how to get you somehow. So, Asashio has been choosen to be used for modernisation. For reminders, Modernization in the game is when you use shipgirls to boost stats of others, and scrap is to get materials out of a shipgirl. At that time, the scrapping wasn't clear about if you kill the girl for that or just take her equipment and let her go back to a normal life(the latter theory became more supported but the first is more interesting in terms of feels). 

A favourite of mine. Read it, you'll love it. A new admiral comes to the base, but the shipgirls are rather... gloomy. A nice little ride for the feels.

A 4koma rather funny, with Fubuki, the secretary ship of the story, being confronted to diverse situations... With difficult shipgirls.

Let's finish this with a WTF story. Know that at first there were only the 8 first pages, and we were all making the same face as Yuudachi. Yura tells Yuudachi a story about her dog. Get a look at Kyousaru's gallery and other stories too, he likes to draw nonsense and mindfuck.

Edited by Shadow Heartbreaker