Shinygami

Other Notable VNs

86 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2015, 8:26:45, Shinygami said:

So... I started playing Corpse Party last night...

Only up to chapter two, but I kinda like how things are going with it.

The damn watery sounding blood sound effect is annoying though...

Ah, Corpse Party? I've played the PC-98 remake (mainly because it's free ;)) and I got endings C and recently, A. I won't discuss anymore so as to prevent spoilers.

On 11/10/2015, 6:56:45, Shinygami said:

So... I started playing Corpse Party last night...

Only up to chapter two, but I kinda like how things are going with it.

The damn watery sounding blood sound effect is annoying though...

I'm finishing up that game right now by getting all of the bad endings, and plan to get through Book of Shadows. It's not a hard game, though sometimes it's hard to tell where you screwed up as there may be quite a few events between what triggered the bad end and the actual bad end itself. Use multiple save files to save yourself a little trouble.

In other news, Gahkthun is being released December 23rd. I like Sekien and Sharnoth a lot, not to mention it has a mecha piloted by Tesla. I'm hyped.

Mmm...Nobody is talking about YU-NO...That make me uncomfortable...This thread needs more YU-NO... Good thing 5pb is retweaking YU-NO... As a side thought, All love for 5pb/Nitro+ goes to Steins Gate or Chaos Head. How about Sokko Akki Muramasa or Sumaga? Sumaga is a VN that EVERYONE would have a blast with. It's what happens when you fuse batshit crazy, lovecraftian horror and comedy gold. It made me believe that God is a giant TV!...Ahem...Anyways, here is some YU-NO. When it comes out, it'll be my second novel I'll go H-A-M!

5pb.jpg

Edited by Omega

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Omega said:

Mmm...Nobody is talking about YU-NO...That make me uncomfortable...This thread needs more YU-NO... Good thing 5pb is retweaking YU-NO...

It's been mentioned plenty of times in this thread, and the KS comments were filled with love for it. I just hope that we get an English release for the new version so the generation that thinks MLA has bad graphics can see how awesome it is. 

They're also working on a remake of EVE Burst Error by the same author. 

Sumaga sounds interesting; I'll check that out someday. I doubt we'll ever get a translation of Sokko Akki Muramasa though, because of the vertical text, which is a shame because it looks pretty cool.

5 hours ago, Anix said:

It's been mentioned plenty of times in this thread, and the KS comments were filled with love for it. I just hope that we get an English release for the new version so the generation that thinks MLA has bad graphics can see how awesome it is. 

They're also working on a remake of EVE Burst Error by the same author. 

Sumaga sounds interesting; I'll check that out someday. I doubt we'll ever get a translation of Sokko Akki Muramasa though, because of the vertical text, which is a shame because it looks pretty cool.

You're right about Muramasa. The vertical text gives it the feudal vibe and it certainly can become a pain to translate. Sumaga is great and definitely I recommend it since most VN lists have very little to no comedy. I think only Majikoi is some lists even. 

Edited by Omega

On 12/17/2015 at 7:36 AM, Omega said:

Mmm...Nobody is talking about YU-NO...That make me uncomfortable...This thread needs more YU-NO... Good thing 5pb is retweaking YU-NO... As a side thought, All love for 5pb/Nitro+ goes to Steins Gate or Chaos Head. How about Sokko Akki Muramasa or Sumaga? Sumaga is a VN that EVERYONE would have a blast with. It's what happens when you fuse batshit crazy, lovecraftian horror and comedy gold. It made me believe that God is a giant TV!...Ahem...Anyways, here is some YU-NO. When it comes out, it'll be my second novel I'll go H-A-M!

5pb.jpg

*looks at art*

Hey wait.. this style looks awfully familiar..

Oh my god ! Nagi Ryou illustrating for this remake !?

Pffsssshhhhhwaaaaaw ! Heck yeah ! B|

I recently finished Code: Realize. It's the best visual novel I played all year, and a must buy for Vita owners.

https://vndb.org/v14908

Edited by Ian

Shilling via cross-post

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Anix said:

Shilling via cross-post

I sort of want Root Double to succeed because it seems really interesting and highly rated in Japan, but I can't bring myself to give money to Sekai Project. 

In any case, I recently played Gahkthun, and if you're a WAB fan, then there's no reason to avoid it. It's my favorite out of the three translated into English because of the main characters, even if the atmosphere is a bit less good.

Also, Beat Blades Haruka is coming out soon at the surprisingly low price of $35 ($31ish with the preorder discount). I'll probably buy it since I'm a Rance fan, but I'm seeing how much a different game costs before deciding to preorder or wait til later.

6 hours ago, encrypted12345 said:

I sort of want Root Double to succeed because it seems really interesting and highly rated in Japan, but I can't bring myself to give money to Sekai Project. 

I feel the same way. I only backed because it seems like the project is mostly done with an estimated release this March. If it was even 6 months from now I would have just wished them my best and bought on release but it looks like it's more of a surer thing than the other projects that they haven't delivered on yet. It also looks like they're expanding into manga now so it looks like they're a lot bigger than the couple of guys translating School Days that they started out as. 

I can't remember where I heard it, but is it true that the later Rance games are getting localized? Quest is taking forever to get TLed and the new one barely has any news.

1 person likes this

On 1/20/2016 at 3:59 PM, Anix said:

I can't remember where I heard it, but is it true that the later Rance games are getting localized? Quest is taking forever to get TLed and the new one barely has any news.

Mangagamer teamed up with Alicesoft, but Rance isn't guaranteed quite yet. It might depend on Beat Blades Haruka sells, but I wouldn't worry about it as sex heavy games tend to do well on Mangagamer.

1 person likes this