Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aetherdeus

Girls Und Panzer

19 posts in this topic

This seems the place for some moe military fun! Love obsessive technical details? Cute girls? Nigh-Initial-D levels of impossible driving? This is the place to be! We'll include all you World of Tanks fans too, there's more than enough overlap.

ff615acabb64c81c37824832ba0c97f61364821632_full.jpg

I+can+agree+on+that+_e5ebf49e650151af42608110334a3ae7.jpg

Also, apparently this is a thing:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/11/23-1/video-tank-song-mini-album-performed-by-four-veteran-anison-singers-and-one-wrestler

Songs about tanks, some of which are by JAM Project singers? As if we needed more overlap in fandoms - I have yet to find a GuP-cast-in-Muv-Luv fan art though, but I haven't looked that hard yet.
(attempt #2 to post this without merging)

Edited by Aetherdeus

Yaaaay, GuP thread! I'll expand on it later, gotta sleep, I have work tomorrow. Thanks for creating this topic @Aetherdeus ! Let's see if it attracts other Panzerfahren fans.

3 hours ago, Shinygami said:

... Panzer vor.

pants are what for!.jpg

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Shadow Heartbreaker said:

Yaaaay, GuP thread! I'll expand on it later, gotta sleep, I have work tomorrow. Thanks for creating this topic @Aetherdeus ! Let's see if it attracts other Panzerfahren fans.

pants are what for!.jpg

Panties are for tanking, tank you very much.

*Executed by way of KampfwagenKanone*

Anywho, GuP is actually what got me into World of Tanks. Don't play much these days, but... I had alot of fun when I did. From what I understand GuP and WoT have some cross-promotion going on in Japan. Stuff like WoT tutorial load-screens being GuP manga and of course the mention in whichever late-series episode it was when the gaming club joined up.

Aaaah, I could use more of this series in my life.

GuP also got me into WoT and I've spent far to many hours and way to much money on it, but I love it. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years. What's there not to love about GuP? Cute girls and tanks blowing shit up.

l3fowwb.gif

The Maus encounter is my favorite. The exaggerated physics from its rounds and the way they took it down had me rolling in laughter while admiring the beautiful effects.

Fun_f68812_5221367.gif

Woohoo, fellow tankers! I'm still stuck in Tier V since I don't play that often, but at least I got my PzIV! Here's the tutorial manga:
http://worldoftanks.asia/en/media/7/2106/
Supposedly, the PS4 version will have special GuP content, but the beta hasn't even started yet. There's official voice & music mods, although the unofficial skins (& unofficial voices) get broken with every patch. Totally worth it, though - its hard to play without the music anymore :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=val5LZ-YURo&list=PL300ktMVZEzp2okYWrD52ZRd4bTLCEc7L

In GuP news, apparently the new movie premiered at #2! Here's to hoping it gets licensed, movies are always tricky...

Any of you guys crazy enough to get the Figma or Nendoroid tank? I just can't find room for it yet :D

girls_und_panzer_meme_gif_by_turbofurby-d7nqyxx.gif

1 hour ago, Aetherdeus said:

In GuP news, apparently the new movie premiered at #2! Here's to hoping it gets licensed, movies are always tricky...

Any of you guys crazy enough to get the Figma or Nendoroid tank? I just can't find room for it yet :D

girls_und_panzer_meme_gif_by_turbofurby-d7nqyxx.gif

It's great to see that it's doing well. I just hope that it's good. I've waited so long for it. 

Huuuh... Forgive me comrades, I'm no  tanker :( (Or I might be a different type of moe tanker... The sea type)

11 hours ago, Reizei said:

GuP also got me into WoT and I've spent far to many hours and way to much money on it, but I love it. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years. What's there not to love about GuP? Cute girls and tanks blowing shit up.

l3fowwb.gif

The Maus encounter is my favorite. The exaggerated physics from its rounds and the way they took it down had me rolling in laughter while admiring the beautiful effects.

Fun_f68812_5221367.gif

Totally. That Maus fight was one of the best moments of the anime. And that's how we love our GuP: ridiculous, yet showy and fun stuff with awesome effets. In a field we didn't expect them to be. The reckless Operation Teasy-Tease also surprised and amused me a lot. Even the first battle with St Gloriana was really fun to watch. (and I love Darjeeling and her calm attitude, sipping tea peacefully, be it sunny or stormy she doesn't care)

I'm really eager to see the movie. Let's hope it comes to the west! Also, I don't plan on buying the nendo... i was tempted a lot buuuut... lack of funds.

I still preordered the Nendoroid petit pack though. Smaller scale, but still nice. But It's a GSC shop exclusive, so I'm a lot afraid of the final price... (The last Nendoroid I preordered on their shop cost me about thrice the price: EMS + customs(god, 4500 JPY custom for a 5000JPY nendo!), and had to pay reshipping fees because the courier in charge of EMS here is shit. Like, really. Never rings the door, never leaves a notice nor code but forces you to use the info and code on the inexistant notice. Three of my last packages never arrived and I kinda had to reship to my family's workplace to get them.)

19 hours ago, Shinygami said:

Panties are for tanking, tank you very much.

*Executed by way of KampfwagenKanone*

... Beep, wrong answer. Through I like your pun more(I love making bad puns). The right answer was, thanks to Commie's half germanised subs:

panzervor$.jpg

Aww, the nendoroid petite set is so cute! Here's my crew - I need to put risers for them, though.

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, Shadow Heartbreaker said:

Huuuh... Forgive me comrades, I'm no  tanker :( (Or I might be a different type of moe tanker... The sea type)

Totally. That Maus fight was one of the best moments of the anime. And that's how we love our GuP: ridiculous, yet showy and fun stuff with awesome effets. In a field we didn't expect them to be. The reckless Operation Teasy-Tease also surprised and amused me a lot. Even the first battle with St Gloriana was really fun to watch. (and I love Darjeeling and her calm attitude, sipping tea peacefully, be it sunny or stormy she doesn't care)

I'm really eager to see the movie. Let's hope it comes to the west! Also, I don't plan on buying the nendo... i was tempted a lot buuuut... lack of funds.

I still preordered the Nendoroid petit pack though. Smaller scale, but still nice. But It's a GSC shop exclusive, so I'm a lot afraid of the final price... (The last Nendoroid I preordered on their shop cost me about thrice the price: EMS + customs(god, 4500 JPY custom for a 5000JPY nendo!), and had to pay reshipping fees because the courier in charge of EMS here is shit. Like, really. Never rings the door, never leaves a notice nor code but forces you to use the info and code on the inexistant notice. Three of my last packages never arrived and I kinda had to reship to my family's workplace to get them.)

... Beep, wrong answer. Through I like your pun more(I love making bad puns). The right answer was, thanks to Commie's half germanised subs:

panzervor$.jpg

Oh god, that was the sub that was on animeseason when I watched the series. I can't believe I forgot that line...

Aaaaand... I love Darjeeling. Though Erika and her hat-stomping ways are close to my heart~

But, to be absolutely honest, my best moments in World of Tanks happened while listening to a loop of The British Grenadiers. I don't care what anyone says about the Churchill, I love that tank~

So... I'm just gonna say it now, but... Anyone suddenly want ML characters doing the Anko Dance? I know I do.

I totally love the soviet girls. I never knew what was behind the iron curtain was so cute, especially when they did their great song.

Russia.. Source - Girls Und Panzer. Norma You are all Beneath mel. Not anymore

I can't wait until I get around to watching the movie.

17 hours ago, Aetherdeus said:

Aww, the nendoroid petite set is so cute! Here's my crew - I need to put risers for them, though.

image.jpeg

Figmaaaas! I love figmas. The posability and possibility to act scenes easily is so cool ! (I sometimes play with my figmas to create various scenes, mostly action ones and take pics. Although I rarely use the original character's personality and just decide on the spot on how they'll act, or just picking random figs for random scenes).

7 hours ago, Nexus said:

I totally love the soviet girls. I never knew what was behind the iron curtain was so cute, especially when they did their great song.

The soviet girls <3 Badass as fuck, especially that song scene. Well, truth be told, the whole cast is interesting in its own ways. I used to hate Erika at the beginning (too much arrogance), but I eventually started to like her. I like the other Ooarai teams as well, be it the Turtle team, Leopard team or the Rabbit team. They're all fun!

16 hours ago, Shinygami said:

Oh god, that was the sub that was on animeseason when I watched the series. I can't believe I forgot that line...

Aaaaand... I love Darjeeling. Though Erika and her hat-stomping ways are close to my heart~

But, to be absolutely honest, my best moments in World of Tanks happened while listening to a loop of The British Grenadiers. I don't care what anyone says about the Churchill, I love that tank~

So... I'm just gonna say it now, but... Anyone suddenly want ML characters doing the Anko Dance? I know I do.

That line kinda got to me, as, well, I wasn't expecting it at all. Never thought Commie would pull out fun over explanation haha. But that kinda changes the perception of the scene.

Well... No matter how much Erika will stomp her hat (or your shoulder, if you're driving the tank), you should not spill a single drop of tea, then.

Aaaaand. I do. But well, since they're not doing it, we'll have to make do with Darjeeling.

Darjeeling_Angler-fish_dance.gif

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Nexus said:

I happen to have a friend who's nuts for Nonna. He's actually got a wall scroll of those two in such frilly, silky, lacy unmentionables.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Heartbreaker said:

Figmaaaas! I love figmas. The posability and possibility to act scenes easily is so cool ! (I sometimes play with my figmas to create various scenes, mostly action ones and take pics. Although I rarely use the original character's personality and just decide on the spot on how they'll act, or just picking random figs for random scenes).

The soviet girls <3 Badass as fuck, especially that song scene. Well, truth be told, the whole cast is interesting in its own ways. I used to hate Erika at the beginning (too much arrogance), but I eventually started to like her. I like the other Ooarai teams as well, be it the Turtle team, Leopard team or the Rabbit team. They're all fun!

That line kinda got to me, as, well, I wasn't expecting it at all. Never thought Commie would pull out fun over explanation haha. But that kinda changes the perception of the scene.

Well... No matter how much Erika will stomp her hat (or your shoulder, if you're driving the tank), you should not spill a single drop of tea, then.

Aaaaand. I do. But well, since they're not doing it, we'll have to make do with Darjeeling.

Darjeeling_Angler-fish_dance.gif

And this. This makes me laugh.

EDIT: Apparently I fail at vidja embdementation.

DOUBLE EDIT: Or... Not... *Has no idea what fixed it*

Edited by Shinygami

LOL Darjeeling omg, that gif is great. Also, Darjeeling.
edited: apparently I can't embed at all, so here's a link for you glorious mother Russia folks (standard, not the 10hr wtf one, lol) -
https://www.youtube.com/embed/rIY36UbDbQQ

Heads up on the Figmas - I have a few and the GuP ones seem to be the most fragile by far, so be extra careful with them. I set Mako in warm water to loosen the joints up a bit and it seemed to help.

Also, no love for FREEDOM? Aside from one shameless cheater, the Saunders fight was good - wish we could've seen them vs Kuromorimine, and the infiltration bit was hilarious too. (plus Kay is pretty great)

maxresdefault2.jpg

Edited by Aetherdeus
hold on, fixing embed, orz

Ohgod, Kei, the zettai ryouiki is strong with that one.

But, you've reminded me of something else... We all know what abridged series are, ja?~

It only got to five episodes, but Kei's portrayal was so fantastic. xD

That Victorique laugh. Best moment of Gosick.

2 hours ago, Aetherdeus said:

LOL Darjeeling omg, that gif is great. Also, Darjeeling.
edited: apparently I can't embed at all, so here's a link for you glorious mother Russia folks (standard, not the 10hr wtf one, lol) -
https://www.youtube.com/embed/rIY36UbDbQQ

Heads up on the Figmas - I have a few and the GuP ones seem to be the most fragile by far, so be extra careful with them. I set Mako in warm water to loosen the joints up a bit and it seemed to help.

Also, no love for FREEDOM? Aside from one shameless cheater, the Saunders fight was good - wish we could've seen them vs Kuromorimine, and the infiltration bit was hilarious too. (plus Kay is pretty great)

maxresdefault2.jpg

Hehe, like I said, each and every character has his good points and is lovable. And Kay is probably one of my favorite too. I'm a man of honor and old values so I really, really love her fair-play. And daaamn that infiltration scene was so damn good.

Let's state our top 5 favorite then! Mine are, without order: Darjeeling, Mako(I can totally relate to her sleep needs), Kay, Anzu(though I hated her at the beginning: forcing Miho to participate despite her trauma didn't please me much but her tactics are so funny), and... Erwin? (that showiness.)

GuP, one of the most fragiles? Oh god... I'm really scared of fragile figmas. I own the Haruhi Suzumiya ones and damn, a little flexible pose and the glue would give up, and you can barely change the hands without breaking the wrist point. Especially true for the males, Yuki wasn't that affected but my Kyon and Koizumi broke their wrists even though I was extra careful. I ended up cutting a little slit in their forearms to help take out the hands(since the ball joints were stuck inside). Luckily, the latest figmas are pretty good with their hands. My Okabe Rintarou, Archetype-He and some other are good enough and easy to change parts.

2 hours ago, Shinygami said:

Ohgod, Kei, the zettai ryouiki is strong with that one.

But, you've reminded me of something else... We all know what abridged series are, ja?~

It only got to five episodes, but Kei's portrayal was so fantastic. xD

... thank you. I'll soon go to sleep to work tomorrow but I'll be sure to watch that. I  don't know a lot of abridged in English since I'm French, aside from Hellsing Ultimate, DBZ and the well-known Yu-Gi-Oh. (though in French, there's some good stuff too, the jojo one, for example, or that almighty Saint Seiya one, using puns, expressions and mutliple meanings of one word for the jokes.)

Top five, top five... Hmmm...

Ummm... No order, here, just gonna put em out, since actually ranking would be tough.

Darjeeling. Erika. Momo (She's ADORABLE god dammit!), Erwin (Dat Rommel love), aaaaaand... Drumrolllllllll...

Hm... Actually, the last is a toss-up between Kay and Katyusha. I mean... MURICA FUCK YEAH. But then there's the singing of the Russian folk song and the loli-factor and... What do I do? I can't decide.

Wait. I know. Girls, tanks at dawn. You're fighting for senpai's love.

True, true, Momo is quite cute! Not enough to get to my top five but I like her as well. Man, GuP Top5 aren't easy. 

Also, I just received this, for a quite affordable price(second hand,  and the ony missing stuff is DLC codes, since they're already activated. But It's Japan PSN anyway so it's not like I need that. And that whole used Edition was for a mere 45$, shipping included.).

20151127_190642.jpg

20151127_190951.jpg

20151127_191439.jpg

On 11/26/2015, 5:30:40, Shinygami said:

I happen to have a friend who's nuts for Nonna. He's actually got a wall scroll of those two in such frilly, silky, lacy unmentionables.

He has good taste. Nonna is my second favorite. Mako is my top (if my name wasn't a big enough give away).

10 hours ago, Shadow Heartbreaker said:

Also, I just received this, for a quite affordable price(second hand,  and the ony missing stuff is DLC codes, since they're already activated. But It's Japan PSN anyway so it's not like I need that. And that whole used Edition was for a mere 45$, shipping included.).

I also bought that. Bought it some time last year. It's an extremely simple game, but still quite entertaining. I made a japanese PSN account just to redeem the codes but can't use the goodies since I keep my vita set for the US. I plan on purchasing a second vita, most likely the slim/2000 (just so I'll have both vitas), that'll be set for japanese exclusively for when I import games like that so I can make use of everything.

aNkmLxk.jpg

Edited by Reizei