Jawer

Muv-Luv Fanart Doodles

86 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Hirei said:

Sketched this on a Degica livestream as we hit the initial funding goal ironically. Never got to color or finish...

7e96c78b0122482a8ebb2126a2046365.png

This version of Sumika is lovely. She looks as cheerful as usual but she has a certain air of maturity, fitting of a girl in her last year of high school.

Welp, this pic is not an original thing by me, but given Klashvorn's comment... I must direct Hirei to this pic.

563673f20985e_KasumiWouldYouLiketoKnowMo

Muv Luv and Starship Troopers are a match made in heaven~

4 people like this

Honestly, I don't draw moe very well. Working on it though!

9 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Welp, this pic is not an original thing by me, but given Klashvorn's comment... I must direct Hirei to this pic.

They didn't.... ahahahaha! If these two series combined.... well, better find that hive mind.

10 minutes ago, Hirei said:

Honestly, I don't draw moe very well. Working on it though!

Nor can I, but that art style is great nonetheless! Keep it up!

Starship Troopers and Muv-Luv have so many parallels. In fact, Starship Troopers will allow us to cope with the long wait for an (eventual) translation of War Ensemble.

Both the Arachnids and the BETA are seen as mindless beings, but the doublethink makes them out as creatures capable of strategic thinking (the meteorite being claimed by the government to be deliberately aimed at Earth for ST and people treating BETA as capable of strategic thinking before the discovery of the Superior).

That reminds I haven't drawn in years..

Dare I try getting back to it ? If I even manage to free enough time for that lol

I've no artistic ability to speak of, so I'm honestly in awe of anyone with the visualization skills and dexterity to create anything under the umbrella of visual arts.

I have to stick to the written word for my art. ^^;

Edited by Shinygami
Failure at words. Much shame.

2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

,That reminds I haven't drawn in years..

Dare I try getting back to it ? If I even manage to free enough time for that lol

do it. it's not like the drawings have to be masterpieces. Just spend 3 minutes or something and have some fun.

20151101_123430.jpg

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Jawer said:

do it. it's not like the drawings have to be masterpieces. Just spend 3 minutes or something and have some fun.

20151101_123430.jpg

ALL MY VOTES!!! ALL ONE OF THEM! DEMOCRACY!~

Just now, Jawer said:

That's the thing, I'll want to spend more than 3 minutes hahaha ! But alright, I'll see what I can do ^^

2 minutes ago, Jawer said:

20151101_123430.jpg

This made my day lol

1 minute ago, Jawer said:

20151101_123430.jpg

Jawer, you nailed it. Draw, have fun and share with the community.

Striving for perfection only frustrates you when you are unable to attain the level of, for example, the TSFs as shown in IW or the VNs. (I'm guilty of this)

You needn't stick to the original art style. A moe character doesn't need to be drawn in a moe style to be recognized, and using your own art style give your drawing personality. For example, the characters in GATE have different designs in the manga and the anime, the anime trending towards a moe-ish art, while the the manga is closer to the art in seinen from the '90s, yet they are perfectly recognizable. Or, for a more extreme example, look no further than the Touhou project. Almost no one uses ZUN's art style.

14 minutes ago, Jawer said:

Spoiler

20151101_123430.jpg

Masterpiece.

5 hours ago, Jawer said:

G-temez, that c-11 TSF looks awesome! It's a lot harder to do a good drawing of an inorganic subject than of an organic subject, and you've done an amazing job. Very detailed.  

Oh really? I find it a challenge to draw living things. I prefer drawing mecha/buildings/guns xD

20 minutes ago, Yui Takamura said:

Oh really? I find it a challenge to draw living things. I prefer drawing mecha/buildings/guns xD

Yeah, both organics and mechanics are tricky in their own way.

Mechanic are about looking solid, or at least mechanical, which is why Evangelions are hard to draw right; and having a decent amount of detail which allows them to be seen as mechanical.

Meanwhile, organics can be separated in two groups: beasts and humans

Humans are hard to nail due to the uncanny valley, which manga-influenced styles usually avoid neatly thanks to stylization, while a rudimentary knowledge of anatomy is a must, even if you do extremelly stylized characters.

Beasts and animals are ridiculously hard to draw right, as more exotic beings do not look right without a large amount of detail, as our minds have no reference to fill the gap of stylization. And then again, it requieres anatomic knowledge to pull off right.

And now my personal bane: Buildings and paysages

Doing good looking backgrounds is like going down a Hive.

EDIT: By the way, Hirei, will you finish that drawing of Sumika, now that we're past 1M?

Edited by g-temez

25 minutes ago, Yui Takamura said:

I think it's hard to imbued a sense of life into something that's normally identify as inorganic. Take a building for example, when you get down to it it's just a bunch of straight lines. What makes an nice building is how much life you can put into it through your drawing, small details and stuff, that makes the building come alive, like as if it could tell you stories for days on end. For people and animals, there's a set of standard measurements you can manipulate to get a decent drawing. That's how it is for me anyway. 

1 hour ago, Jawer said:

I think it's hard to imbued a sense of life into something that's normally identify as inorganic. Take a building for example, when you get down to it it's just a bunch of straight lines. What makes an nice building is how much life you can put into it through your drawing, small details and stuff, that makes the building come alive, like as if it could tell you stories for days on end. For people and animals, there's a set of standard measurements you can manipulate to get a decent drawing. That's how it is for me anyway. 

That's a very realistic way of putting it, and I totally agree in that regard; bringing the the inorganic thing to life. As for the people and animals, it's those very standards which I compare my own drawings with, that make it quite a challenge for me :P It's like when I draw a gun or a building, there's no real set of standards (in the real world there are, obviously haha), and I can just be free!

Regardless, thanks for your input! Are you a graphic designer by trade? Or did you study art making?  

For the thread: Here is a teaser of what I've got coming, yes, it looks more like a spider web of messy lines so far :S

Spoiler

TSF_teaser.PNG

Edited by Yui Takamura

Studying to switch from 3D programs (maya, zbrush, and modo) to 2D mediums. Imo 2D's a lot more fun.

My friend Chrome Gear Iillustrations from Facebook made these. This first is a Type-94 he drew in 5 mins for a quick sketch. The other 2 is a color and black and white print of an original unamed TSF he came up with. 

ml image_6.jpg

ML image_4.jpg

ML image_5.jpg

7 people like this

13 hours ago, Shinygami said:

Hahahaha, I've still got the PSD for that somewhere.... Honestly I semi-stole the idea when I saw the image someone else made of the TSFs shooting BETA with the Starship Troopers' "Would you like to know more?" at the bottom.
I did a few random others too like Heero laughing at dead BETA,
NvwgDcQ.jpg

Along with a joke one that I'm not sure is totally forum safe for language reasons involving a certain shot of Takeru's face during Tama's H-scene (SFW save perhaps language): Give Her the Descartes

But I didn't do the "Heero eats a Healthy Breakfast" one (<---SPOILER OMNOM ALERT). One of my friends showed me that one saying I had a twisted sense of humor (which is true) thinking I had posted it, but I swear I didn't make that one.

I have very little drawing skill of my own, but I can edit inappropriate stuff together in photoshop I guess...

Edited by HYuy

2 hours ago, TYPEMOON said:

My friend Chrome Gear Iillustrations from Facebook made these. This first is a Type-94 he drew in 5 mins for a quick sketch. The other 2 is a color and black and white print of an original unamed TSF he came up with. 

ml image_6.jpg

ML image_4.jpg

ML image_5.jpg

I'm assuming those where made with a pen brush, which is no joke your friends draws extra awesome... Hope I can draw like that before I graduate. Awesome illustration, you literally blew my mind

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Rengo said:

Lemme give you a hint 10/10 Mana would rape 

Thats a really cute Meiya... Alternative Meiya Best Meiya

R...rape? Why are we talking about rape, guys?

To celebrate the Kickstarter's success!

iC6qQCS.png

6 people like this

5 minutes ago, Hirei said:

To celebrate the Kickstarter's success!

iC6qQCS.png

I would donate it all again, and more! If I only had the money.