176 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kostas_v said:

I have some duplicates if anyone is interested: Ebay auction

Went ahead and bought your bundle :D Looking forward to seeing them in the mail. 

1 minute ago, Ikaruga said:

Went ahead and bought your bundle :D Looking forward to seeing them in the mail. 

Aaand Ikaruga strikes again ! The Luv is real ! xD

2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Aaand Ikaruga strikes again ! The Luv is real ! xD

The Luv is always real! ^_^

1 minute ago, Ikaruga said:

The Luv is always real! ^_^

Real and everlasting ! :D

2 hours ago, BlueEclipse said:

I only have one, this Kasumi figurine. I'm not much of a collector of merchandise, but I really dig this one.

20150924_195606.jpg

Oh god... Kasumi *-*

Can't wait to see a video of Ikaruga's whole collection some day. That guy is bonkers.

As for me, I don't have any anime merch, and only a few pieces of physical media. None of which is Muv-Luv. This kickstarter cost me probably twice as much as all my other stuff combined. I'm not too much of a buyfag, but for this occasion I couldn't pass.

Not to belittle Kostas_v's collection, you have something good going on there, too.

Edited by Curdi

48 minutes ago, Curdi said:

Can't wait to see a video of Ikaruga's whole collection some day. That guy is bonkers.

Haha, when it comes to Muv Luv, many can certainly call me crazy xD And don't worry, that day will come! More specifically, sometime next year when I move out of these tiny military dorms and into my own living abode. Once I have the living quarters to do so, I will have a video up showcasing everything:D

Been collecting Muv-Luv stuff for a few years now. If someone is interested, you can see my items at my MFC profile.

There's an old picture of my collection there too, but I think I can't even fit my stuff in one picture anymore. Maybe I'll take new pictures when I feel like it. Photography really isn't my thing at all. Also got my first Volks A3 Models just recently too.

5 hours ago, Ikaruga said:

Nex, I already know you have (had?) a sizable A3 collection from the AnimeSuki forums...come at me! :D

Oh my lanta, that is an impressive collection indeed! You have an incredible amount of ML literature and DVDs for sure. My collection lacks all those DVDs/games because they won't be translated, and I decided not to obtain them because of it. As far as books go, my own personal collection ain't too shabby, though yours is still better :D Here's mine

Haha xD That is all I will ever need <_<

I tried quitting but they kept pulling me back in. Damn BETAs! :P

I realized the only cure is to buy till you run out of stuff to buy... except I ran out of cash first.

1 hour ago, nexcal said:

I tried quitting but they kept pulling me back in. Damn BETAs! :P

I realized the only cure is to buy till you run out of stuff to buy... except I ran out of cash first.

Haha that's the spirit! Just sell your kidneys...you'll have loads of money :D

Also, i'm guessing there is no reason to go back to the AnimeSuki forums now that this forum is up. 

17 hours ago, Ikaruga said:

Thought I'd go ahead and create a thread for people to share their Muv-Luv collections and merchandise.

Let the Jelly begin!

What a tiny slice of your collection. You could link your imgur album and really let the jelly flow ^^

I only have a couple figures and Integral Works.

Spoiler

WiHWASf.jpgBqV8Y55.jpgKxBJYG6.jpgnb7STvI.jpgRr2q3aL.jpg6nVmRcD.jpg

8 minutes ago, Reizei said:

What a tiny slice of your collection. You could link your imgur album and really let the jelly flow ^^

I only have a couple figures and Integral Works.

Reveal hidden contents

WiHWASf.jpgBqV8Y55.jpgKxBJYG6.jpgnb7STvI.jpgRr2q3aL.jpg6nVmRcD.jpg

Haha, oh they have no idea. And I did, however it was in reply to Kostas so it's probably too outta the way to be noticed. I'll probably do a post linking all my ML stuff into one place.

And noice! Great shots you got there. I'm still lovin' that Grey Ghost. :D Wish I could take mine out for a spin.

I kinda got into Muvluv at AX2010 when Manga Gamer brought Mr. Maxima and crew from the MuvLuv and Rumbling Hears creators. 2012 with the launch of the TV series really got me into it. I got many of the figures, models and all of the Alternative Chronicles, but these are the pride of my collection. 

20151101_175117_zpslubqu5by.jpg

Edited by OddballYukari
Added one more...

2 people like this

2 hours ago, OddballYukari said:

I kinda got into Muvluv at AX2010 when Manga Gamer brought Mr. Maxima and crew from the MuvLuv and Rumbling Hears creators. 2012 with the launch of the TV series really got me into it. I got many of the figures, models and all of the Alternative Chronicles, but these are the pride of my collection. 

Oooh very, very nice. I envy you and your shikishis. I need to start going to cons to get my hands on such rare, limited items. At the very least, I will have my very first one from the KS ^_^

You should post the rest of your collection xD

Yea, I wanted to get do the $3k and $4k Shikishi's, but I already have quite a few from the MuvLuv crew and that was allot money I could use to get to Japan next year. I originally started with Cel collecting over 10 years ago, and when Cels went away, the next stage was original art such gengas, dougas and ultimately Shikishi's. Shikishi and original drawing collecting is to me the ultimate stage when you can get one of a kind art from the creators or character designers.

I have quite a few from many other anime or doujin or game series and creators, but I sill have to catalog them. You know Shikishi collecting is far easier to do stateside or even in European cons. It is virtually impossible to get drawings in Japan and I have been to quite a few cons there. You have to enter lotteries against 500k con attendees or enter contests.  

But its not getting easy in the US either. With AX punching above 70k attendees, there is far more competition these days. In fact smaller cons are great if they can get guests. When Japan Expo ran their cons for 2 years here, the attendance was so small, I could get drawings from all the artist because during their autograph sessions, they barely had any people in line. Felt kind of sorry for them.  

I can't wait to see what the MuvLuv crew will draw for you. Please post it as soon as you get it! I'm on Animesuki's board so I will see your posts there too. 

Edited by OddballYukari

Mine came in the mail already. JK, The guys doing the KS and the creators of ML were at Anime Expo in Los Angeles back in July and selling shikishi boards for $60, so I got one. Didnt get the one I really wanted, a Meiya with her Enshi suit on. It was kinda hard to get on the first come first serve list to buy one when exhibit hall open on the largest anime con in the western hemisphere and 20,000 people trying to squeeze the doors. I was third to last for 12 people that day. So the board and those buttons (that are in Yuukos bag $50 tier) are the only Muv Luv things I own. 

muv.jpg

5 hours ago, OddballYukari said:

Fabulous collecton and I envy you. I would like to see other items from your collection Muv Luv or not. AX this year was a boon for me for boards and autographs. I was so sleep deprived for those few days starting at waking up at 5am to get in the autograph ticket line, panels, friends, parties until 2 am rinse repeat. I was in the Muv Luv line on day 3 friday I think, i wonder if you were there.  

2 hours ago, OddballYukari said:

Yea, I wanted to get do the $3k and $4k Shikishi's, but I already have quite a few from the MuvLuv crew and that was allot money I could use to get to Japan next year. I originally started with Cel collecting over 10 years ago, and when Cels went away, the next stage was original art such gengas, dougas and ultimately Shikishi's. Shikishi and original drawing collecting is to me the ultimate stage when you can get one of a kind art from the creators or character designers.

I have quite a few from many other anime or doujin or game series and creators, but I sill have to catalog them. You know Shikishi collecting is far easier to do stateside or even in European cons. It is virtually impossible to get drawings in Japan and I have been to quite a few cons there. You have to enter lotteries against 500k con attendees or enter contests.  

But its not getting easy in the US either. With AX punching above 70k attendees, there is far more competition these days. In fact smaller cons are great if they can get guests. When Japan Expo ran their cons for 2 years here, the attendance was so small, I could get drawings from all the artist because during their autograph sessions, they barely had any people in line. Felt kind of sorry for them.  

I can't wait to see what the MuvLuv crew will draw for you. Please post it as soon as you get it! I'm on Animesuki's board so I will see your posts there too. 

Very nice. I see you are very well versed in the trade of collecting one-of-a-kind art. With over 10 years of experience, you could say you're a veteran. I am but an infant in that regard, however, I plan to change that in the coming years. Speaking of AX, i'll be attending next year. It'll be my very first con as well xD Maybe i'll nab more shikishis then

And you bet! I'll be sure to post asap when the time comes. My excitement would be too much to contain anyways xD 

2 minutes ago, TYPEMOON said:

Mine came in the mail already. JK, The guys doing the KS and the creators of ML were at Anime Expo in Los Angeles back in July and selling shikishi boards for $60, so I got one. Didnt get the one I really wanted, a Meiya with her Enshi suit on. It was kinda hard to get on the first come first serve list to buy one when exhibit hall open on the largest anime con in the western hemisphere and 20,000 people trying to squeeze the doors. I was third to last for 12 people that day. So the board and those buttons (that are in Yuukos bag $50 tier) are the only Muv Luv things I own. 

muv.jpg

Omg, stop with all the shikishis :( if it's anything I need in my collection, it's those. The jelly meter is slowly rising.

Haha good stuff though man. As I mentioned, i'll be going to AX next year so from the sounds of it, it's gonna be a battlefield...my body is ready.

Nice Saber cameo xD

@ Ikaruga. It's a mad house there at AX but worth it. Remember this, dont forget have fun too. That saber thing is something they gave out for the FSN: UBW panel/concert.  The image I posted is from a larger lmage I cropped from my board haul.   

2 minutes ago, TYPEMOON said:

It's a mad house there at AX but worth it. Remember this, dont forget have fun too. That saber thing is something they gave out for the FSN: UBW panel/concert.  The image I posted is from a larger lmage I cropped from my board haul.   

Haha my whole time there will be nothing but fun :D Be cool to nab some F/SN stuff too. Though seeing how all of my money is diverted to ML I don't know how much that'll be. I'll make an exception for Rin ^_^

41 minutes ago, TYPEMOON said:

muv.jpg

Fabulous collecton and I envy you. I would like to see other items from your collection Muv Luv or not. AX this year was a boon for me for boards and autographs. I was so sleep deprived for those few days starting at waking up at 5am to get in the autograph ticket line, panels, friends, parties until 2 am rinse repeat. I was in the Muv Luv line on day 3 friday I think, i wonder if you were there.  

Sorry TYPEMOON...

(Left is from AX2015, right is from AX2012, and sorry for crappy picture quality... had to take it with my phone)

KgaBODj.jpg

If it's any consolation, the ML booth is the first booth I made a mad dash for both days I was able to attend this year and I lined up both days in the early entrance line that was out back 4 hours before opening both times, and even then a lot got sniped by the guys with their premium member passes -_-

Anyways, a sampling of my stuff... I've got more merch than this, though most of it is a few states away still since I move a lot.
tZhRkis.jpg

Still trying to find a place where I can get the A3 01 collection of those figures... the camera doesn't do those any justice, they look fantastic in reality.

Anyways, my special Muvluv shelf on another bookcase
2pp63B2.jpg

My living room decor
L20HwtG.jpg

And then my favorite more personal item, I got Yoshimune Kouki to autograph my flight helmet this year.

OjgCQOb.jpg

3 minutes ago, HYuy said:

2pp63B2.jpg

Oh god, I'm super jelly of that Saya no Uta

That was tricky to get. I remember the Urobutcher saying when I brought it for him to sign "Why is Saya so popular here!?!?" and having a good laugh about it.

I don't have anything muvluv related, during the 9 years I have been into anime I have bought 5 LNs for a total of $60. So even though I'm a bit of a miser I didn't feel bad about pledging $150 for two games, as I do want to do my bit of showing that there is interest from the western marked. Are there any conventions in Europe btw? The only event I heard about in my country was some cosplay gathering.

But actually, now that all stretch goals have been met the $150 tier isn't really that bad value... Damn it guys, I'm going to up it to $300 now...

7 hours ago, HYuy said:

Anyways, a sampling of my stuff... I've got more merch than this, though most of it is a few states away still since I move a lot.
tZhRkis.jpg

Still trying to find a place where I can get the A3 01 collection of those figures... the camera doesn't do those any justice, they look fantastic in reality.

And then my favorite more personal item, I got Yoshimune Kouki to autograph my flight helmet this year.

OjgCQOb.jpg

Oh believe me, I know all too well how they look IRL.

56378ac124b46_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.7e

So you almost completed the collection and just missing 01 huh? Nice. You'll find one around eventually. I know I got all of mine from various sites all over the net. 

And that's awesome. All you con guys are making me jelly with your unique one-of-a-kind items xD

5 hours ago, Spiller said:

... Damn it guys, I'm going to up it to $300 now...

Do it! You won't regret it :D

Edited by Ikaruga
Rearranging