Aetherdeus

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha General Discussion

30 posts in this topic

On 23/11/2015 17:15:34, Aetherdeus said:

Its ok, I've been out of it for a bit too. @Shadow Heartbreaker -thread posted :D
It definitely dips in to Initial D levels of 'theoretically possible, but mostly absurd' driving - but its a nice combination of details, humor & cuteness that works nicely.

As for the movies, yeah, definitely more flash than plot, but nice summary. I would have loved to see A's HD remake with some of the Movie's graphics and plot-hole-filling, but without the huge plot sacrifices - although, after the SEED 'special edition' edits, I'm somewhat hesitant to completely trust such a thing. I'm hoping movie #3 will be a fuller story since its not tied down to trying to summarize a whole series in one film :P

Let's hope it gets a movie one day then. Considering the scale of the operations and the potentiel of the characters, it could be one hell of a good graphical movie. But not by sacrificing too much plot.

5 hours ago, danmarce said:

I'm glad to see that StrikerS gets some love. Of course I also think that StrikerS deserves a remake, movie, to improve it.

The good part of Nanoha is that it evolved and matured, from a young girl in the First season to a young woman in StrikerS.

You mean, from a little white devil to a monstruous White Base flying cannon.

I agree, It's really nice to see her (non-)evolution from her debuts to her current military career. (Still true to herself, Full power or nothing)

I forgot to ask, how many episodes does it take for the 1st season to get to the good part?

2 hours ago, Ian said:

I forgot to ask, how many episodes does it take for the 1st season to get to the good part?

I'd say, the first season start to become good when Fate appears, which is (if I recall correctly) episode 4 or 5.

In my opinion the best way to enjoy season 1 is to watch the 1st movie, which is an in-universe retelling of season 1 without the "meh" parts, and with the opening theme being the only thing I'm missing when comparing the S1 and the 1st movie.

Also, RH moving from a simple staff to a friggin cannon.

Edited by Dahelziel

1 person likes this