JakatoX

Live Action Muv-Luv

113 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, JakatoX said:

Well it might be Fan Clips at first rather than a full movie initially since shooting clips is a lot easier lol

Yeah ! Besides, setting up a consistent workflow is easier if the scale of the project is kept small at first.

Okay, so here's  the final battle speech. I've tried borrowing the style of this video, so feel free to tell me how it works out, or to improve it yourselves if you want.

Spoiler

You know, I've always looked at my life through the lens of stories. The stories of how I was raised, who I met, and what I went through. And what we're facing right now, the challenge of survival, our battle to live for another day, is also a story. It's a legend the survivors will tell their children, and the children will in turn tell each other.

From my creative writing classes in school, there's one lesson that I remember in particular about stories. Our sensei told us to always answer five basic questions whenever we wanted to write a story.

Who?

What?

When?

Where?

And Why?

Now I have no authority to sum up the story of all of us here. In fact, I have no authority to speak for anyone in this base, or this planet, other than myself. So with that said, let me tell you my story.

Who am I? I'm Minami Nakajima, and it's nice to meet you all. I'm a seventeen-year old girl who enjoys drawing manga panels and playing board games with my friends. You may know them by the names of Ryoji, Kenichi and Akihiko. It was in a large part due to their love and support that I am standing before you now.

My parents were murdered by the BETA before I ever knew them. It was only thanks to a UN sponsorship that I even got to go to school. And because I went to school, I ended up learning most of the things I know about the world we live in today.

Which brings me to What I'm doing here. I'm a pilot of the Type-94 Shiranui TSF, and as a result of mostly circumstance and luck, I find myself in the position of commanding and leading everyone at this base. It is a burden I'm terrified to bear, as I know many of your lives could hinge on the commands I give. While I do not envy this responsibility in the slightest, I also have no intention of running away from it. I will do everything in my power to ensure we emerge victorious in Operation Starlight, and in case anyone dies as a result of my leadership, I want to offer my deepest apologies right now, in advance. It saddens me that I have to lead all of you into such grave danger, but we have to push on ahead for the greater good of humanity.

Where I am, where we all are is at the outskirts of the Shinjuku district. All communications with the inner towns have been lost, which would make it prudent to assume that the BETA have taken them. They will likely be coming for this base soon, to slaughter not only all the military officials and TSF pilots, but also the refugees we took in. We know that the BETA do not show any mercy. We know that they will not stop until every last man, woman and child here is dead. So we must attack first. We must take the fight to them, and hit them where it hurts!

When will I begin this Operation? It will begin at nightfall. The gates to this base will open, and our TSF squadron will move out and head for Shinjuku's ruins. We will comb every last inch of the place for the BETA, and we will not return here until we have indisputably annihilated every last one of them.

And that finally brings me to Why I'm here talking to you all. Why I'm asking so many of you to risk your lives when you've already done so much for this country, and for humanity. It comes down to something a CO of mine told me while I was still in Basic Training. He said that this was a world where we either triumphed or died. There was no room for error, as a slightest stumble could not only result in your own death, but also the death of everyone around you. And then I realized that I don't want to live in such a world. I don't want a world where the weak are killed off by merciless predators the moment they take a wrong turn. I don't want a world where I have to just deal with losing people I love, where I have to push myself to the breaking point time and time again just to stay alive.

I want a world where people have a chance to try again. Where the weak have a chance to grow and blossom into wonderful pillars of society. Where people aren't denied the ability to laugh, to love, and to be happy. Where the people I love can be safe. Where none of us have to lose anyone we care about. And a world with the BETA in it will never reach such a state. A world with the BETA in it will always lead to tragedy and misfortune, because all the BETA care about is destruction.

So I will fight against the BETA. I will fight alongside everyone here who shares my vision, who wants to make a better, safer world. Because if I can't create that kind of future for myself or any of you, then I will try to create it for our children. I'll try to create it for all the people who don't have to fight the BETA, because we solved the problem for them. And for that, I'm willing to fight until my last breath. Are you?

Wow, this is really an impressive battle speech!

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Svenhent said:

Wow, this is really an impressive battle speech!

Why, thank you! I was worried it might come up short (mainly cause the video's speech is better, albeit in a wayyy different context) :D

@PulakK

I'm really liking this speech!

The only things I'm concerned about is getting a set in the USA that can look like it could be a Japanese Base and because of the context of the situation the scene would be most likely be exclusive to Asian Actors (Which isn't too much of a problem since the people I know who would be in charge of filming this scene if it were chosen are Asian but this would put a limit on the casting call).

Now if this speech was for an Audio Play then it's perfectly fine but as it is if it was done live it would require more things to setup.

19 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

@PulakK

I'm really liking this speech!

The only things I'm concerned about is getting a set in the USA that can look like it could be a Japanese Base and because of the context of the situation the scene would be most likely be exclusive to Asian Actors (Which isn't too much of a problem since the people I know who would be in charge of filming this scene if it were chosen are Asian but this would put a limit on the casting call).

Now if this speech was for an Audio Play then it's perfectly fine but as it is if it was done live it would require more things to setup.

Like I said, you can modify the speech if you want. I deliberately chose a Japanese character because I thought it'd fit well with Muv-Luv's Japanese roots, but if Americanizing the setting and characters will make things easier for you I have no objections.

And personally, I'd like it if you'd do both an Audio Play and a live performance. An audio play would be quicker, and I'd love to see a good VA bring something of mine to life. But there's no substitute for a good live-action video to spread the Luv far and wide, if you catch my drift.

Edited by PulakK

9 minutes ago, PulakK said:

And personally, I'd like it if you'd do both an Audio Play and a live performance. An audio play would be quicker, and I'd love to see a good VA bring something of mine to life. But there's no substitute for a good live-action video to spread the Luv far and wide, if you catch my drift.

The cool thing about doing an audio play is that it could also be used in a "sales" pitch to get interest in a live action scene.

So, any epic female voices around ? I certainly don't sound like a girl so this isn't an option lol

1 person likes this

I'm still working on mine, so I'm really glad @PulakK spioilered his speech. I'm one of those nuts who sorta tries to keep his writing as "Pure and uninfluenced" as it can be by others.

Though I can see from the comments here that it must have been really well-received! So if it wins over mine, I know it'll probably have good results in filming/audio if this whole thing goes through!

As for what I've been doing, I didn't really... Americanize the setting, as you could say, but more... Globalized it? This could easilly be applied to PulakK's script, if what he says is true, but what I'm trying to hammer out has been set in a non-descript UN Outpost, which I decided on simply because... Hey, I couldn't be sure of anyone here's nationality unless I took the time to sort through the Eishi Roster or greetings threads. ^^;

Just now, Klashvorn said:

The cool thing about doing an audio play is that it could also be used in a "sales" pitch to get interest in a live action scene.

So, any epic female voices around ? I certainly don't sound like a girl so this isn't an option lol

Is it really going to happen? Am I really becoming part of a movie?! Srsly guys, if this pulls through, this will be my FIRST FILM CREDIT EVER! I cannot stress enough what an accomplishment it would be for me.

1 minute ago, Shinygami said:

I'm still working on mine, so I'm really glad @PulakK spioilered his speech. I'm one of those nuts who sorta tries to keep his writing as "Pure and uninfluenced" as it can be by others.

Though I can see from the comments here that it must have been really well-received! So if it wins over mine, I know it'll probably have good results in filming/audio if this whole thing goes through!

As for what I've been doing, I didn't really... Americanize the setting, as you could say, but more... Globalized it? This could easilly be applied to PulakK's script, if what he says is true, but what I'm trying to hammer out has been set in a non-descript UN Outpost, which I decided on simply because... Hey, I couldn't be sure of anyone here's nationality unless I took the time to sort through the Eishi Roster or greetings threads. ^^;

I bet there's going to be an epic war cry :P

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

I bet there's going to be an epic war cry :P

Hey, hey, I said it'd be nowhere near as cheesy or as hammy as my other stupid speeches... Unless we somehow got Wakamoto-sensei in here. In which case I'd pigeonhole the SHIT outta him. And we'd love it. You know we would.

5 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Yeah a Non-Discript location is exactly what I had in mind so we wouldn't be limited on casting or setting so I can't wait to see what you got when you're done :)

9 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Is it really going to happen? Am I really becoming part of a movie?! Srsly guys, if this pulls through, this will be my FIRST FILM CREDIT EVER! I cannot stress enough what an accomplishment it would be for me.

Well it's definitely a possiblity so keep working and fine tuning those scripts! 

1 person likes this

Alright, I know this thread's a little barren and everything, but I'm continuing the Alice arc, more for my own peace of mind than anything else. Enjoy.

Spoiler

COUNSELOR: So you went out on a date? How was it?

ALICE: It was hard. Because I know Josh didn't survive in the other world. I just wanted to hold him and never let go. I'm afraid that I might lose him any moment, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: I understand, Alice. And how do you feel about yourself these days?

ALICE: I'm getting better. But it's still hard sometimes. I still can't help but feel I'd be better off dead. I still fantasize about dying in order to avenge everyone the BETA killed in my world, to atone for all the lives I failed to save. But I know that's not what anyone there would've wanted. They'd want me to be safe. They'd want me to be happy. Isn't that right, ma'am?

COUNSELOR: I certainly believe so, Alice. Being grateful for what you have, seizing every opportunity for happiness there is is a good thing. Don't be ashamed of enjoying your new life to the fullest.

ALICE: But what if this is some sort of dream? What if I wake up to find myself back in my old world where...where...

COUNSELOR: Don't worry about it, Alice. Everything you see, hear and touch is part of your world. And right now, your world is here, with your family and your friends, and with me. And even if you do someday wake up back in your old world, I'm sure you'll survive it.

ALICE: Survive my old world? But...but I lost everything there!

COUNSELOR: Are you sure about that, Alice? Are you sure you had nothing to live for back there?

ALICE: No, maybe not but....but I don't want to think about that world, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: That's fine. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, Alice.

ALICE: I know. I know. Ma'am, if you....if you don't mind....

COUNSELOR: Of course I don't, Alice.

The Counselor gets up from her chair and approaches Alice. Alice wraps her arms around her and holds her tight.

ALICE: This...this is my world now.

COUNSELOR: Yes, Alice.

ALICE: And you're here. This is my world, and you're here.

COUNSELOR: That's right. I'm here for you, Alice. I'll always be here for you.

Edited by PulakK