JakatoX

Live Action Muv-Luv

113 posts in this topic

Like I said there's no guarantee that the people I know would agree to help with this but having a couple of Scripts to pitch to them would make them more inclined to help rather than telling them to film something without a plan so I welcome everyone to come up with ideas for stories.

After they are ironed out more I could hand it over to them and see if any of the ideas catch their interests.

Just now, JakatoX said:

Like I said there's no guarantee that the people I know would agree to help with this but having a couple of Scripts to pitch to them would make them more inclined to help rather than telling them to film something without a plan so I welcome everyone to come up with ideas for stories.

After they are ironed out more I could hand it over to them and see if any of the ideas catch their interests.

Sounds pretty good, if we ever get to the point where we create a pilot then could always pitch that to Netflix or Amazon or any other network.

Just now, Racco726 said:

Sounds pretty good, if we ever get to the point where we create a pilot then could always pitch that to Netflix or Amazon or any other network.

Provided that we are allowed to by those who have the copyrights :D

If this does get made it will definitely be considered a Fanwork unless we get their blessings.

14 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Provided that we are allowed to by those who have the copyrights :D

If this does get made it will definitely be considered a Fanwork unless we get their blessings.

Judging by the latest kickstarter I think they would be more than happy to help spread the gospel of Muv Luv

7 hours ago, Racco726 said:

Judging by the latest kickstarter I think they would be more than happy to help spread the gospel of Muv Luv

Well, we're spreading Luv in the end after all :)

Fanwork is fine, and who knows, a popularity spike could end up setting things in motion ! :P

18 hours ago, JakatoX said:

The are other roles besides Pilots! Like Civilians, Mechanics, and Scientists.

If this was being filmed I don't expect everyone to be a Pilot.

As for a Netflix Series I can totally see that happening.

I think if there was something made in Live Action it would be best to have it as a Short Limited Series and nothing too ambitious. After it's released and then we see the feedback of the show then they could start using a bigger budget!

No real acting experience. But if you need extras, I'm in.

Alright, to propel forward the creative process, here's my follow-up to the Alice arc

Spoiler

ALICE: It's just that...I don't know if....if this world is worth it, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: What do you mean by that, Alice?

ALICE: When I was fighting the BETA, every friend I knew was an honorable soldier. We were all united, determined to save the world. But here....here everyone's so apathetic. A girl named Roberta got bullied. My former comrades, Derek and Greta were calling her fat, laughing at her, and nobody cared. They'd never dare to do something like that in my world.

COUNSELOR: Do you miss the structure and discipline of your world?

ALICE: It's not just that....I...I signed up to save the world because I believed humanity was wonderful. That we were a great species who'd done wonderful things. But these days, I keep hearing about people waging war against each other, and destroying our planet. People are trying to deny scientific evidence of all the horrors we've inflicted on the environment just so that they can make more money! This...this isn't the kind of world I was fighting to save, ma'am. Humanity doesn't need the BETA to be annihilated. They're just going to destroy themselves, and this planet!

COUNSELOR: Didn't any of these things happen in your world?

ALICE: Well...uh...yes, they kind of did, ma'am. There was this coup in Japan, I was on a team assigned to look into it, but....but it was never this bad. We believed in something! We had our honor there, ma'am!

COUNSELOR: Do you want to go back to your world?

ALICE: Oh? Uh...I...I don't know, ma'am. I mean, I had something to live for there. I was fighting for the greater good. But so many people who are alive here are dead there. Ma'am, do you think the survivors over there will be alright?

COUNSELOR: I...I don't know, Alice. I've never been to your world.

ALICE: Oh...of course. Yeah, of course you haven't. What...what do I do, ma'am? Can you please tell me what to do?

COUNSELOR: (holds Alice's hand and smiles) We'll figure out what to do, Alice. We'll figure it out together.

ALICE: Y...yes, ma'am. We'll figure it out. Everything's going to be alright.

COUNSELOR: That's right, Alice. I'm here for you, and everything is going to be alright.

ALICE: (smiles) Th...thank you, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: So, will you come again tomorrow?

ALICE: Yes, ma'am.

Alice gets up and leaves again, and the Counselor looks on. She then picks up her landline and dials a number.

COUNSELOR: Hey, Yuuko.

YUUKO: Oh, it's you! How did the session with Alice go?

COUNSELOR: She's still struggling, but we're making progress. So what do you think, Yuuko? Is she...?

YUUKO: No. At least not the way Shirogane was, anyway. 

COUNSELOR: I...I don't know whether to feel relieved or terrified.

YUUKO: Heheh, me neither. But maybe your research could shed some light on things. Did you find out what happened to this universe's Alice?

COUNSELOR: Only that a missing person's report was filed for her ten years ago. Her parents had long considered their daughter dead, and if you ask me, this world's Alice probably is.

YUUKO: And how did the other Alice find her way back to the family? Has she told you yet?

COUNSELOR: She hasn't told me how she got back to her parents, but by the time she had, she'd already started lying to people about her origins. She told her parents she'd been picked up by a social worker and raised in an orphanage, and that's all they needed to hear to believe they'd gotten their daughter back.

YUUKO: She's done an awfully good job at covering up her true nature, hasn't she?

COUNSELOR: Yeah, she has. Do you think she might be hiding something from us, Yuuko?

YUUKO: Well, if she is hiding something, I doubt it has anything to do with her alternate world. Shirogane had said remarkably similar things about the world he'd come from.

COUNSELOR: I see. I suppose we'll just have to keep digging.

YUUKO: Yeah. We'll talk again later. *hangs up*

Uhm, Alice needs a small reality check on the BETAverse, considering a significant portion of people there agreed to basically nuke the Earth and ran away (and they actually did in most continuities!), but besides that, I suppose not bad? I would just suggest not revealing that she's not a causality conductor so early: having this part unknown can add some serious tension and intrigue to the plot (specially if there's a dead, and the audience starts asking: "was it Alice, or wa sit something else...?")

I see everyone here being awfully ambitious, but I suppose someone's gotta be. With English not being my first language I'm still pretty unsure on my grammar, but I've got some pride in my small skills as a writer, so if you want some help I'm here.

3 minutes ago, Marx-93 said:

I see everyone here being awfully ambitious, but I suppose someone's gotta be. With English not being my first language I'm still pretty unsure on my grammar, but I've got some pride in my small skills as a writer, so if you want some help I'm here.

Throwing in random ideas and participating is good enough, this is a friendly conversation between passionate people after all ! Getting our creative minds working can't be bad, right ? :)

Oh, you know what ? I'd see my Alternative self being a mechanic and/or a software engineer for TSF OS R&D and maintenance but that would be pretty boring without decent interaction with other people I guess ^_^

Wait.. this makes it sound like I'd RP ! Which.. could.. be.. a thing..

48 minutes ago, Marx-93 said:

Uhm, Alice needs a small reality check on the BETAverse, considering a significant portion of people there agreed to basically nuke the Earth and ran away (and they actually did in most continuities!), but besides that, I suppose not bad? I would just suggest not revealing that she's not a causality conductor so early: having this part unknown can add some serious tension and intrigue to the plot (specially if there's a dead, and the audience starts asking: "was it Alice, or wa sit something else...?")

Spoiler

Hehe, I'd actually written this after watching a video on how we treat the environment, and there's plenty of misanthropy on the Internet in general, so I thought it'd be interesting to see Alice go that way. I get what you're saying about the BETAverse, but for one thing, Alice could see Alternative V as a justifiable last resort, while considering our current impact on the environment inexcusable. And another thing is that, as the mention of the coup makes clear, Alice is from the MLA continuity where the Earth wasn't nuked, so it'd be easy for her to forget Alternative V even existed.

As for your point about the Causality Conductor, I didn't really take the timing of the reveal too seriously, but I didn't want to just repeat Takeru's arc with someone else. That'd be too easy and unoriginal.

Edited by PulakK

So I was tossing around some ideas with some friends and I came up with something that's very possible but "Acting heavy".

Basically it's a "Before The Final Battle Speech" where the odds are against the heroes like in Independence Day and in Pacific Rim.

What happens is that an Army Base is about to be flooded by BETA so the highest ranked official remaining gathers all the Soldiers, Pilots, Mechanics, Scientists, and Civilians that are still alive and tries to raise moral by telling them to make one last stand even in the face of death.

I say it's Acting Heavy because whoever plays the character making this speech has to do a really convincing job!

This is a thing that can easily be filmed but finding an Actor who you'll stand next to even in the face of death is another story :D

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

So I was tossing around some ideas with some friends and I came up with something that's very possible but "Acting heavy".

Basically it's a "Before The Final Battle Speech" where the odds are against the heroes like in Independence Day and in Pacific Rim.

What happens is that an Army Base is about to be flooded by BETA so the highest ranked official remaining gathers all the Soldiers, Pilots, Mechanics, Scientists, and Civilians that are still alive and tries to raise moral by telling them to make one last stand even in the face of death.

I say it's Acting Heavy because whoever plays the character making this speech has to do a really convincing job!

This is a thing that can easily be filmed but finding an Actor who you'll stand next with in the face of death is another story :D

Is there a script? Would like to play around with one.

1 minute ago, Racco726 said:

Is there a script? Would like to play around with one.

No script yet, I was just brainstorming ideas and that was one of the ones that stood out and can easily be filmed.

The real problem is writing a really good speech and then finding a great Actor to make the speech even greater!

Just now, JakatoX said:

No script yet, I was just brainstorming ideas and that was one of the ones that stood out and can easily be filmed.

The real problem is writing a really good speech and then finding a great Actor to make the speech even greater!

Gotta find someone with a lot of charisma for that, course the for the script you're going to need the right wording and stuff to make it stand out.

*Cracks knuckles*

Speech, you say?~

Heheheheh...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

... I promise that whatever I try and do here will not be as hammy or cheesy as my in-KS Comments speeches. <.<

5 minutes ago, Racco726 said:

Gotta find someone with a lot of charisma for that, course the for the script you're going to need the right wording and stuff to make it stand out.

Yeah I think I'm gonna re-watch that YouTube video of almost every epic movie speech over again and try to draw some inspiration from it.

A lot of these kinds of speeches also have the scene setup by the people who think the situation is hopeless so that has to be worked on too.

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

25 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Yeah I think I'm gonna re-watch that YouTube video of almost every epic movie speech over again and try to draw some inspiration from it.

A lot of these kinds of speeches also have the scene setup by the people who think the situation is hopeless so that has to be worked on too.

If you do get something written up I'd like to have a crack at it if that's alright with you?

Hmm... Scriptwriting feels so strange compared to what I'm used to... *Streeeetch*

Oi, @JakatoX, about how long y'reckon a script for this might need to be? I'm kinda getting an odd feeling it'll be smaller than I would've thought originally. Regardless, here's hoping one of us (Or both of us) can put together something noteworthy. 

@Shinygami

After looking at some speeches they are around 3 minutes by themselves so if you include the setup I would say around 5-7 minutes as a rough estimate.

Of course Filming takes a long time so even if a Video is just 5 minutes it would take an hour or longer to film the scenes in the Video well and that's not counting the time to get the set and wardrobe ready too.

Just wondering, for the actual speech part, we could run tests by recording someone's voice (or several people's voices if there are volunteers), hearing whether the text flow is fine or not.

Haha, kinda makes me think about an audio series for some reason ^^'

34 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Just wondering, for the actual speech part, we could run tests by recording someone's voice (or several people's voices if there are volunteers), hearing whether the text flow is fine or not.

Haha, kinda makes me think about an audio series for some reason ^^'

Honestly an Audio Series is actually more do-able on my end since I own Audio Equipment for my Animations instead of having to rent out Equipment for film!....

....Now you're probably wondering why I don't mention making a Fully Animated Video as well but that would require extra assistance because I'm a perfectionist and I know that to make Animations look really good I would want more Animators to work on that project than just myself :D

1 minute ago, JakatoX said:

Honestly an Audio Series is actually more do-able on my end since I own Audio Equipment for my Animations instead of having to rent out Equipment for film!....

I actually have a couple mics for my recording needs, nothing too fancy (in my opinion) but far better than the small mics which are meh to ugh. I like good sound, even through voicechat so I didn't mind the investment. Besides, I don't do very intricate stuff and my mics aren't XLR so I have no need for phantom power and a mixer.

11 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

....Now you're probably wondering why I don't mention making a Fully Animated Video as well but that would require extra assistance because I'm a perfectionist and I know that to make Animations look really good I would want more Animators to work on that project than just myself :D

For having done special effects in the past on a couple short clips, this stuff can already be pretty time consuming so I can certainly understand where you're coming from xD

Okay, here's the third installment of the Alice arc, now that I have a clearer idea of where to go with this.

Spoiler

ALICE: It's just....sometimes I want to die, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Why do you want to die, Alice?

ALICE: Because....because nothing makes sense here anymore. I've lost everything. My friends, my purpose....I don't know what I should be doing in this world. I don't know why I'm here...why....please help me, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: (smiles) Of course I'll help you. I'm here for you Alice.

ALICE: You were there for me back there too, ma'am. But they killed you. Everyone who's alive here....they killed them. I taught myself to get over the losses of everyone. I made my peace with the fact that everyone I knew could die on me at any moment. But that was only because I coud avenge them. I could avenge everyone the BETA took from me, and I wouldn't have minded dying doing so. But if anything happens to you here....if anything happens to the people I love here....I...I just can't carry on, ma'am!

COUNSELOR: That's fine, Alice. Nobody is forcing you to carry on.

ALICE: Ma'am?

COUNSELOR: How you live and how you die is your choice alone. You don't have to carry on if you don't want to. 

ALICE: Uh...ma'am...?

COUNSELOR: What's the matter, Alice?

ALICE: I...I just didn't expect you to...say something like that.

COUNSELOR: Didn't I say I was here for you, Alice? That means I'm willing to stand by you, no matter what decision you make. So I'm not going to force you to continue living if you don't want to. But I would prefer it if you did choose to live. After all, I'm not dead yet, right? Neither are any of your friends.

ALICE: Yes. Maybe....maybe this is a bad time for me to be making such drastic decisions.

COUNSELOR: Look, Alice. No matter what happens, there will always be people who love you and care about you. I love you. Your friends and your family love you. We all want you in our lives, understand?

ALICE: I understand, ma'am. But....but back then....

COUNSELOR: I'm sure back then everyone was doing what they could to protect you. Isn't that the reason everyone fought back against the BETA? Didn't everyone around you want to protect humanity and ensure that those around them could live to see another day? And aren't you a part of humanity? Aren't you also one of the people they were trying to save?

ALICE: You're wrong, ma'am! My mission was to destroy the BETA at any cost, to lay down my life if necessary!

COUNSELOR: Only if necessary, Alice! You were only asked to lay down your life if no other choice remained, and that too only so that the people around you wouldn't die with you! Do you think anyone around you actually wanted you to die? Do you think you were not worth being saved? 

ALICE: Of course I wasn't! I couldn't protect any of my friends as they were eaten alive! I stood paralyzed with terror while you and the rest of the teachers just sacrificed themselves to save my worthless ass! If I'd done better, I could've saved you, but I was weak! To destroy the BETA, to die, knowing that I did everything I could to redeem myself....that was the only way forward for me. With all the blood on my hands....it was the only way forward...

COUNSELOR: You know that isn't true, Alice, don't you? You just wanted the pain to stop, right? To be free of those memories, to be relieved of the horrors you were witnessing. That's what you really wanted, right?

ALICE: No. I wasn't worthy of living. I had to redeem myself, that was the only.....the only.....

The Counselor reaches out her hand and touches Alice's cheek. Alice begins to sob.

COUNSELOR: It's okay, Alice. (approaches Alice and holds her in a light embrace as she continues to sob.)

ALICE: I...I don't want to lose you, ma'am!

COUNSELOR: I know. And I don't want to lose you, either.

ALICE: I'm sorry...I'm sorry....

COUNSELOR: You have nothing to be sorry about.

I'll also work up one of those battle speeches soon.

all I can think of is a Muv-luv live action FAN MOVIE in this thread. good luck with that. :P

5 hours ago, PulakK said:

Okay, here's the third installment of the Alice arc, now that I have a clearer idea of where to go with this.

Hide contents

ALICE: It's just....sometimes I want to die, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Why do you want to die, Alice?

ALICE: Because....because nothing makes sense here anymore. I've lost everything. My friends, my purpose....I don't know what I should be doing in this world. I don't know why I'm here...why....please help me, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: (smiles) Of course I'll help you. I'm here for you Alice.

ALICE: You were there for me back there too, ma'am. But they killed you. Everyone who's alive here....they killed them. I taught myself to get over the losses of everyone. I made my peace with the fact that everyone I knew could die on me at any moment. But that was only because I coud avenge them. I could avenge everyone the BETA took from me, and I wouldn't have minded dying doing so. But if anything happens to you here....if anything happens to the people I love here....I...I just can't carry on, ma'am!

COUNSELOR: That's fine, Alice. Nobody is forcing you to carry on.

ALICE: Ma'am?

COUNSELOR: How you live and how you die is your choice alone. You don't have to carry on if you don't want to. 

ALICE: Uh...ma'am...?

COUNSELOR: What's the matter, Alice?

ALICE: I...I just didn't expect you to...say something like that.

COUNSELOR: Didn't I say I was here for you, Alice? That means I'm willing to stand by you, no matter what decision you make. So I'm not going to force you to continue living if you don't want to. But I would prefer it if you did choose to live. After all, I'm not dead yet, right? Neither are any of your friends.

ALICE: Yes. Maybe....maybe this is a bad time for me to be making such drastic decisions.

COUNSELOR: Look, Alice. No matter what happens, there will always be people who love you and care about you. I love you. Your friends and your family love you. We all want you in our lives, understand?

ALICE: I understand, ma'am. But....but back then....

COUNSELOR: I'm sure back then everyone was doing what they could to protect you. Isn't that the reason everyone fought back against the BETA? Didn't everyone around you want to protect humanity and ensure that those around them could live to see another day? And aren't you a part of humanity? Aren't you also one of the people they were trying to save?

ALICE: You're wrong, ma'am! My mission was to destroy the BETA at any cost, to lay down my life if necessary!

COUNSELOR: Only if necessary, Alice! You were only asked to lay down your life if no other choice remained, and that too only so that the people around you wouldn't die with you! Do you think anyone around you actually wanted you to die? Do you think you were not worth being saved? 

ALICE: Of course I wasn't! I couldn't protect any of my friends as they were eaten alive! I stood paralyzed with terror while you and the rest of the teachers just sacrificed themselves to save my worthless ass! If I'd done better, I could've saved you, but I was weak! To destroy the BETA, to die, knowing that I did everything I could to redeem myself....that was the only way forward for me. With all the blood on my hands....it was the only way forward...

COUNSELOR: You know that isn't true, Alice, don't you? You just wanted the pain to stop, right? To be free of those memories, to be relieved of the horrors you were witnessing. That's what you really wanted, right?

ALICE: No. I wasn't worthy of living. I had to redeem myself, that was the only.....the only.....

The Counselor reaches out her hand and touches Alice's cheek. Alice begins to sob.

COUNSELOR: It's okay, Alice. (approaches Alice and holds her in a light embrace as she continues to sob.)

ALICE: I...I don't want to lose you, ma'am!

COUNSELOR: I know. And I don't want to lose you, either.

ALICE: I'm sorry...I'm sorry....

COUNSELOR: You have nothing to be sorry about.

I'll also work up one of those battle speeches soon.

You know after reading this I started wondering.....What if the other Alice ended up in the BETA-Verse when she went missing, way before the current Alice arrived in this Universe! O.o

3 hours ago, Otoshigami said:

all I can think of is a Muv-luv live action FAN MOVIE in this thread. good luck with that. :P

Well it might be Fan Clips at first rather than a full movie initially since shooting clips is a lot easier lol