JakatoX

Live Action Muv-Luv

113 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PulakK said:

Heheh, just make sure they aren't as...you know....satirical.

Oh yeah I would try to!

But if it does end up being satirical I'd film another video of a Soldier who watched the videos be angry they aren't taking The War seriously and how bad things are if civilians really think The War is like that heh heh

1 person likes this

I would totally join to be an actor, but I'm too poor for a tsf pilot jacket.

Speaking of making a series, you think Netflix would be interested in doing something like this? I feel like its something they could get behind. 

8 minutes ago, Racco726 said:

I would totally join to be an actor, but I'm too poor for a tsf pilot jacket.

Speaking of making a series, you think Netflix would be interested in doing something like this? I feel like its something they could get behind. 

The are other roles besides Pilots! Like Civilians, Mechanics, and Scientists.

If this was being filmed I don't expect everyone to be a Pilot.

As for a Netflix Series I can totally see that happening.

I think if there was something made in Live Action it would be best to have it as a Short Limited Series and nothing too ambitious. After it's released and then we see the feedback of the show then they could start using a bigger budget!

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

The are other roles besides Pilots! Like Civilians, Mechanics, and Scientists.

If this was being filmed I don't expect everyone to be a Pilot.

As for a Netflix Series I can totally see that happening.

I think if there was something made in Live Action it would be best to have it as a Short Limited Series and nothing too ambitious. After it's released and then we see the feedback of the show then they could start using aa bigger budget!

If I end up a mechanic then I wouldn't mind, but if beta invade the base I don't want to be CHOMPED.

There is news of Netflix interested in making an anime so they could do a true adaptation. THEN maybe do live action stuff.

3 minutes ago, Racco726 said:

If I end up a mechanic then I wouldn't mind, but if beta invade the base I don't want to be CHOMPED.

There is news of Netflix interested in making an anime so they could do a true adaptation. THEN maybe do live action stuff.

That's a distinct possiblity! Now how do we get Netflix to know about it? :D

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

I don't know why, but I was reminded of the Babylon 5 series just now. Life in a base with little stories going on, potentially fleshing out the lore, could work for short clips, right ? :)

4 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

I don't know why, but I was reminded of the Babylon 5 series just now. Life in a base with little stories going on, potentially fleshing out the lore, could work for short clips, right ? :)

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of for the short clips!

49 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Well after people get their TSF Pilot Jackets and enough of them attend the same conventions that I do if they are willing I could film "Recruitment" and "Propaganda" Videos like this if they participate lol

https://youtu.be/0I8RdUCBwjE

https://youtu.be/faFuaYA-daw

1 minute ago, JakatoX said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of for the short clips!

Awesome! You know, we should probably exchange e-mail IDs so that I can spam you with screenplay ideas so that we can draw up an action plan.

Just now, PulakK said:

Awesome! You know, we should probably exchange e-mail IDs so that I can spam you with screenplay ideas so that we can draw up an action plan.

I'd give my email but haven't be super active on it lately lol

I do have Skype Call/Text Chat though with my screen name being the same one as here :)

3 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

I'd give my email but haven't be super active on it lately lol

I do have Skype Call/Text Chat though with my screen name being the same one as here :)

Ah, I see. Let me look you up.

Or you could use the messaging system right here. If you're going to be checking back regularly, this makes things more convenient ^^

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

Or you could use the messaging system right here. If you're going to be checking back regularly, this makes things more convenient ^^

That too is a option!....I just threw Skype out there since it's instantaneous.

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

I was speaking more from the perspective of attaching Word or PDF screenplay files. Of course, this thread shall remain our primary meeting ground.

Just now, PulakK said:

I was speaking more from the perspective of attaching Word or PDF screenplay files. Of course, this thread shall remain our primary meeting ground.

Yeah it's easier to transfer files via Skype so it does have it's uses.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, PulakK said:

Oh of course ! Forgot about that, haha.

There's Google docs if you want to share without transferring files all the time. There are other cloud solutions as well but yeah, Skype and similar software work fine. Besides, there's the chat and voice chat benefit too ^_^

1 hour ago, JakatoX said:

I think if there was something made in Live Action it would be best to have it as a Short Limited Series and nothing too ambitious. After it's released and then we see the feedback of the show then they could start using a bigger budget!

For some reason I'm reminded of the difference between seasons one and two of Vikings, or the difference between the first and second Hunger Games movies.

In both of those, you can see where the original was cutting costs down, but in the second, you can really see where the show/movie had picked up alot of viewers and funding and gotten much better along the way.

1 minute ago, Shinygami said:

For some reason I'm reminded of the difference between seasons one and two of Vikings, or the difference between the first and second Hunger Games movies.

In both of those, you can see where the original was cutting costs down, but in the second, you can really see where the show/movie had picked up alot of viewers and funding and gotten much better along the way.

We're a long, LOOOONG way from Hunger Games level productions, and I don't know if any fan made attempts will pick up steam for live action Muv-Luv productions, but we gotta start somewhere, don't we?

7 minutes ago, PulakK said:

We're a long, LOOOONG way from Hunger Games level productions, and I don't know if any fan made attempts will pick up steam for live action Muv-Luv productions, but we gotta start somewhere, don't we?

Oh, I wasn't implying we're anywhere near that, just saying that you can tell in the first movie where costs were cut compared to the second. Same with Vikings. Basically, I'm agreeing with the fact that we have to start somewhere.

Now, I'm an amateur here, but, I feel I should offer my own meager writing talents. I've been toying with a few ideas, myself.

Just now, Shinygami said:

Oh, I wasn't implying we're anywhere near that, just saying that you can tell in the first movie where costs were cut compared to the second. Same with Vikings. Basically, I'm agreeing with the fact that we have to start somewhere.

Now, I'm an amateur here, but, I feel I should offer my own meager writing talents. I've been toying with a few ideas, myself.

Oh, I'm an amateur too. I'm just hoping @JakatoX's....connections can make me a part of something. I'm sure the fandom is devoted enough to see a live-action fan film to the end.

Just now, PulakK said:

Oh, I'm an amateur too. I'm just hoping @JakatoX's....connections can make me a part of something. I'm sure the fandom is devoted enough to see a live-action fan film to the end.

You're better than me. You've got something novel-length up for sale. The only thing I've got up for sale is a silly little haiku from when I was in elementary. Needless to say, I don't profit from that at all.

Anyways! Something for a short-film... Hmm... Now, this is based from an idea I've had for fanfiction that's on the semi-parodical side regarding filming Top Gun in the BETA-verse, but... Maybe we could manage a behind the scenes sorta look at a possible propaganda/morale film? Maybe have things go to hell off-screen?

Well, whatever we do, I do have one thing to say... Let's not make Starship Troopers 2. That was a disaaaaaster.

1 minute ago, Shinygami said:

You're better than me. You've got something novel-length up for sale. The only thing I've got up for sale is a silly little haiku from when I was in elementary. Needless to say, I don't profit from that at all.

Anyways! Something for a short-film... Hmm... Now, this is based from an idea I've had for fanfiction that's on the semi-parodical side regarding filming Top Gun in the BETA-verse, but... Maybe we could manage a behind the scenes sorta look at a possible propaganda/morale film? Maybe have things go to hell off-screen?

Well, whatever we do, I do have one thing to say... Let's not make Starship Troopers 2. That was a disaaaaaster.

Well, you probably know that my novel hasn't sold jack either, so your haiku might be the superior work after all for all we know.

As for your ideas, you seem to be going in a slice-of-life set in Alternative kind of gig. I'd personally want to flesh out the psychological thriller aspect of my pilot script a bit, but we can hash out ideas until we come up with one feasible for filming.

10 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Well, you probably know that my novel hasn't sold jack either, so your haiku might be the superior work after all for all we know.

As for your ideas, you seem to be going in a slice-of-life set in Alternative kind of gig. I'd personally want to flesh out the psychological thriller aspect of my pilot script a bit, but we can hash out ideas until we come up with one feasible for filming.

Yes, my idea wouldn't be as heavy on the psychological thriller aspects, but it'd probably go more Military than slice-of-life (The semi-parodical part was intended to describe my Top Gun idea for a fanfic). My father's ship, the Independence, was featured heavily for Flight of the Intruder (Here's a hint, he says DaFoe was "a little prick of a man who was always on the phone with his wife." and I kinda wanted to work with the way military men and women might hold grudges against the spoiled, pampered celebs, especially in the world of Alternative. It'd probably be an even bigger deal, given that the world of Alternative hardly has time for anything fancy entertainment-wise, so imagine being on-board a TSF-Carrier and told that you're being used for a movie instead of the war effort.

Anyways, that's sorta where my head wants to go for short-film ideas. I do really like your script, though, it does seem like its got plenty of potential for an interesting plotline. I just need to think really hard on where it might go, if that's what you're inviting right now...

Edit: I just realized my brain went off in a whole other direction than what I was originally planning... Still, we'll hash things out indeed!

Edited by Shinygami

3 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

I do really like your script, though, it does seem like its got plenty of potential for an interesting plotline. I just need to think really hard on where it might go, if that's what you're inviting right now...

Ah, yes, that was kind of the point. Even I don't know where it'll lead to. In fact, that's my biggest weakness as a writer; I'm better at laying ideas on the ground than I am with seeing them to the end.

39 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Ah, yes, that was kind of the point. Even I don't know where it'll lead to. In fact, that's my biggest weakness as a writer; I'm better at laying ideas on the ground than I am with seeing them to the end.

What kind of story structure are you following?

Edited by Racco726
Typo, mobile autocorrect