JakatoX

Live Action Muv-Luv

113 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mormaethor said:

Or save on the CGI and make a non-eishi film. Alternative Spies, Infantry/normal army personnel, Government stuffs...

1 hour ago, WS Eule said:

Nah....gotta make a mindless action/gore fest with zero character- and storydepth that them mainstream plebs will enjoy. Everything else is lame. /s

Hm.. Why not 2 substories in parallel which are loosely linked to an overarching plot, one having consequences over the other and vice versa (easily foreseeable or not for that matter) ?

Frontline action and politics mixed in with daily life in the army, throwing in a few operations against the BETA (or other "enemies") but keeping most of the plot intensive stuff outside the cockpit.

I do agree that resources needed could end up being humongous so as said before, keeping this kind of project as a short web series might work out, kinda ?

Edited by Klashvorn

3 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Hm.. Why not 2 substories in parallel which are loosely linked to an overarching plot, one having consequences over the other and vice versa (easily foreseeable or not for that matter) ?

Frontline action and politics mixed in with daily life in the army, throwing in a few operations against the BETA (or other "enemies") but keeping most of the plot intensive stuff outside the cockpit.

I do agree that resources needed could end up being humongous so as said before, keeping this kind of project as a short web series might work out, kinda ?

I'd strongly support early live-action productions to be freely viewable web videos because that would ease the burden both production-wise and expectation-wise. And if we're really eager for something like this to happen, we should just take the reigns ourselves instead of waiting for the official creators to act, since they have enough on their plate already and going live action will without a doubt seem like a risky proposition.

Of course, I'm only egging you all on so that my script can finally become a trailer. :P 

5 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Of course, I'm only egging you all on so that my script can finally become a trailer. :P 

Sounds like you might be plotting something yourself haha ^_^

8 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Well I think that originally, this post was more about wether it's theoretically feasible to turn Muv-Luv's premise into live-action, so I think we are allowed to be a bit more optimistic here ;)

But if a live action movie were really up for debate, I'd rather have a really well done one or none at all as I certainly don't want that much budget to be thrown out of the window in exchange for an average movie that will quickly be forgotten in the wide sea of other average movies.

2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

I've always wanted to make a sci-fi movie, but I lack around 95% of the skills, means or talent to do so. However, if someone can bring a little script of mine to life...... ;) 

Edited by PulakK

4 minutes ago, WS Eule said:

Well I think that originally, this post was more about wether it's theoretically feasible to turn Muv-Luv's premise into live-action, so I think we are allowed to be a bit more optimistic here ;)

But if a live action movie were really up for debate, I'd rather have a really well done one or none at all as I certainly don't want that much budget to be thrown out of the window in exchange for an average movie that will quickly be forgotten in the wide sea of other average movies.

Oh yes, definitely ! +1 to this ! ^_^

Well, most of live actions I've seen based on either games or anime have been really (but really) poor.

But the idea itself is not that bad. Avoiding direct combat due to the brutal CGI required (not only for the TSF, but the BETA; one of the reasons they work so well is how horrifying they are) would be the best. But focusing for example on soldiers on the front-line, maybe even artillery or supplies (or actually the commanders staying at HQ, which got very little time to shine on Alternative; losing around a third of the soldiers per operation it's not something that can be shrug off) could work very well. Maybe even go in the direction of Total Eclipse and focus more on developing new weapons or countermeasure (but this time with scientists instead of pilots). All could work well.

Or we could also focus on the dimensional way like @PulakK said. Something like for example a person born in BETA-free world being contacted by Yuuko (or another in the know) about having a Casualty conductor at the large, and having to either kill him or convince him to return to avoid his world's destruction. With some world hopping, drama and etc. It wouldn't need any kind of special budget nor location but it would be very much a live action based on Alternative.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, WS Eule said:

Nah....gotta make a mindless action/gore fest with zero character- and storydepth that them mainstream plebs will enjoy. Everything else is lame. /s

EDIT: Fixed because people got butthurt over a joke.

Sorry for my butthurt. You know, with Poe's Law and everything, it's sometimes hard to tell what's what.

1 minute ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:
  Reveal hidden contents

edgy-o-takeru.thumb.jpg.7cecdecd0c28f096

Dat timing tho xD

Edited by Klashvorn

7 minutes ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:
  Reveal hidden contents

edgy-o-takeru.thumb.jpg.7cecdecd0c28f096

I'll take that as a go-ahead for production. To the cameras, comrades!

6 minutes ago, PulakK said:

I'll take that as a go-ahead for production. To the cameras, comrades!

*fits a GoPro on @PulakK's head* :P

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

*fits a GoPro on @PulakK's head* :P

Alright! Lights, GoPro, ACTION!

1 hour ago, Klashvorn said:

And people call me and my fellow Americans schemers... xD

I'll always be wary of live-action, but, I do think that the ML Universe is fertile ground for any number of side-stories. Hell, if you wanted to go real simple on it, you could Mad Max it in the TDA universe.

And regarding flight suits... If we're only against transparency, it should work out, shouldn't it? If I recall, the transparent flight suits were used as a training device to help eliminate the reaction of feeling embarrassed or ashamed if underclothed (And honestly, I could always get behind this, since my Navy father told me about how, if the Independence came on with the "General Quarters" alert, that you ran to your station butt-naked if you had to.), i.e., if they're training flight suits, as long as you're not dealing with pilots-in-training, they'll have the sleek black, purple, or blue-ish colored ones. Hmm... But about dat skintightness, tho...

Edited by Shinygami
Poor wording.

8 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

And people call us Americans schemers... xD

I'll always be wary of live-action, but, I do think that the ML Universe is fertile ground for any number of side-stories. Hell, if you wanted to go real simple on it, you could Mad Max it in the TDA universe.

And regarding flight suits... If we're only against transparency, it should work out, shouldn't it? If I recall, the transparent flight suits were used as a training device to help eliminate the reaction of feeling embarrassed or ashamed if underclothed (And honestly, I could always get behind this, since my Navy father told me about how, if the Independence came on with the "General Quarters" alert, that you ran to your station butt-naked if you had to.), i.e., if they're training flight suits, as long as you're not dealing with pilots-in-training, they'll have the sleek black, purple, or blue-ish colored ones. Hmm... But about dat skintightness, tho...

Ah, so that was the explanation they had for them. I always wondered what it was.

But let's face it, we're not the kind of society that lets fanservice opportunities go to waste. Especially if it panders to the majority of the demographic (i.e. dudes)

Edited by PulakK

@Marx-93

Spoiler

We could do both in where it avoids direct Combat and focuses on front-line soldiers training in their base and on the Dimensional Aspect.

If it's Post-Alternative it wouldn't go without saying that a lot of people would be interested in where the Savior of Humanity that they don't even remember came from or how that was even possible in the first place and start looking into other Universes as a way to defeat the remaining BETA or to enhance their Army's tech by pillaging from another World.

Another way you can go at it is that it's Pre-Alternative and it's a strange case of different people going back and forth between Universes thus explaining why Yuuko is quickly able to come up with the Parallel World theory in Unlimited.

Like I said there are various way Live Action Version can go about but I'm liking all the ideas I'm seeing :D

@PulakK

If you had a GoPro and a good 3D Animator you could film a Viral Video of what seems like a normal home movie but then the BETA attack from nowhere O.o

Edited by JakatoX
Spoilered Just in Case

Just now, JakatoX said:

@Marx-93

We could do both in where it avoids direct Combat and focuses on front-line soldiers training in their base and on the Dimensional Aspect.

If it's Post-Alternative it wouldn't go without saying that a lot of people would be interested in where the Savior of Humanity that they don't even remember came from or how that was even possible in the first place and start looking into other Universes as a way to defeat the remaining BETA or to enhance their Army's tech by pillaging from another World.

Another way you can go at it is that it's Pre-Alternative and it's a strange case of different people going back and forth between Universes thus explaining why Yuuko is quickly able to come up with the Parallel World theory in Unlimited.

Like I said there are various way Live Action Version can go about but I'm liking all the ideas I'm seeing :D

@PulakK

If you had a GoPro and a good 3D Animator you could film a Viral Video of what seems like a normal home movie but then the BETA attack from nowhere O.o

Well, I do have a camera (not a GoPro) but no such luck with animators and the like. Besides, it's not like I could find any actors around anyway (I'll kill myself before asking my family to get involved in any silly film project of mine). That's why I'm more comfortable outsourcing scripts. All I need for them is my laptop.

3 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Well, I do have a camera (not a GoPro) but no such luck with animators and the like. Besides, it's not like I could find any actors around anyway (I'll kill myself before asking my family to get involved in any silly film project of mine). That's why I'm more comfortable outsourcing scripts. All I need for them is my laptop.

Well since I work with Media related things because I am an Animator I do know of a few people who could try to tackle a Live Action Muv-Luv in both Directing, Acting, and having Equipment via connections.

Whether they would even be interested in doing it is another story though.

Not to mention I'm already working 2 Muv-Luv related Fan Games as we speak so trying to organize a Live Action filming would be tricky.

Just now, JakatoX said:

Well since I work with Media related things because I am an Animator I do know of a few people who could try to tackle a Live Action Muv-Luv in both Directing, Acting, and having Equipment via connections.

Whether they would even be interested in doing it is another story though.

Not to mention I'm already working 2 Muv-Luv related Fan Games as we speak so trying to organize a Live Action filming would be tricky.

Well, if you do get the go-ahead, feel free to commission me for a screenplay (or just use the one I already posted). I don't care about being compensated, I just want my creativity to, like, reach YouTube or something.

2 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Well, if you do get the go-ahead, feel free to commission me for a screenplay (or just use the one I already posted). I don't care about being compensated, I just want my creativity to, like, reach YouTube or something.

Let it reach the sky and beyoooooond !

46 minutes ago, PulakK said:

I'll have to see what happens.

If anything it could be a series of unrelated short clips or glimpses of the BETA-Verse uploaded to YouTube just to prove that it's possible to have something in Live-Action so that other people would try to take a shot at it too.

I mean I can't be the only Muv-Luv Fan out there with some ties Filming can I? o.O

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

1 minute ago, JakatoX said:

I'll have to see what happens.

If anything it could be a series of unrelated short clips or glimpses of the BETA-Verse uploaded to YouTuve just to prove that it's possible to have something in Live-Action so that other people would try to take a shot at it too.

I mean I can't be the only Muv-Luv Fan out there with some ties Filming can I? o.O

You can be the one to take the first step, and blaze a trail for the rest to follow! :D 

Edited by PulakK

13 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Well.. it's been a while since I was last creative in this regard.. ^^'

14 minutes ago, PulakK said:

You can be the one to take the first step, and blaze a trail for the rest to follow! :D 

After people get their TSF Pilot Jackets and if enough of them attend the same conventions that I do if they are willing I could film "Recruitment" and "Propaganda" Videos like this if they participate lol

https://youtu.be/0I8RdUCBwjE

https://youtu.be/faFuaYA-daw

Edited by JakatoX
Revision

6 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Well after people get their TSF Pilot Jackets and enough of them attend the same conventions that I do if they are willing I could film "Recruitment" and "Propaganda" Videos like this if they participate lol

https://youtu.be/0I8RdUCBwjE

https://youtu.be/faFuaYA-daw

Heheh, just make sure they aren't as...you know....satirical.