JakatoX

Live Action Muv-Luv

113 posts in this topic

I made a joke about a Live Action Adaptation of Schwarzesmarken filmed in Germany not too long ago but it got me thinking....

Since Muv-Luv has Spin-Offs of the Expanded Universe in Games, Light Novels, and Anime then could a Live Action Spin-Off have potential? Whether it be Fan Made or Official?

Now I know lot of people would be against the idea right off the bat but if you stop and think about it the general setting of Aliens attacking Earth has been done in Television and Films plenty of times!

Hypothetically it doesn't even have to be a direct Adaptation of a story from Muv-Luv and can be a new story that just happens to be in the same Universe! So I'm genuinely curious to see what other people have to say about this.

Do you think anything made in Live Action at all is doomed to fail or do you think we can get something awesome out of it?

Personally if there ever was anything made in Live Action I'd hope for a Starship Troopers Homage and make things go full circle :D

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

2 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:

Give me uniforms. I have ze German.

Well a ton of the Fans are getting the TSF Jackets and if they wanted to film something they could do that!

We need proper uniforms though. Especially Schwarzesmarken-style.

Need some French ? Then again, I don't like overdoing the funky accent.. :P

1 minute ago, Mormaethor said:

We need proper uniforms though. Especially Schwarzesmarken-style.

There's a chance Cospa might release Uniforms. They made the TSF Pilot Jackets in the first place to coincide with the Total Eclipse Anime when it came out so the odds of them making new things for Schwarzesmarken is high.

As for what could be done in Live Action it could feature anything between a drama set in the BETA-Verse showing the occasional Soldier here and there or full on CGI TSF Vs. BETA Combat! There's a lot of options depending on the production values of whoever would make it.

1 minute ago, WS Eule said:

I'm inburt please no transparent suits!

Spoiler

1360906303797.jpg

4 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

The french are probably why the eurofront collapsed...

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Mormaethor said:

3 minutes ago, WS Eule said:

Reveal hidden contents

1360906303797.jpg

rofl, dat ominous feeling

2 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:
6 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Geopolitical plot confirmed with all the action !

3 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:

rekt

(quite literally)

The French army doesn't have a single defeat since Indochina (1954), unlike other boasting countries ;)

2 minutes ago, cabfe said:

The French army doesn't have a single defeat since Indochina (1954), unlike other boasting countries ;)

Well, history shows that the French tend to be barbarious (sort of) I suppose.. ^^'''

Edit:

I.. I kinda feel lonely all of a sudden.. :/

Edited by Klashvorn

13 minutes ago, WS Eule said:

Yeah I don't think anyone would want 100% accurate versions of those suits lol

If anything I would think they'd look the same just not see-through.

1 minute ago, JakatoX said:

Yeah I don't think anyone would want 100% accurate versions of those suits lol

Besides, imagine the engineering teams outfitting and maintaining the TSFs trying to focus with the pilots walking around in these.. xD

12 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Besides, imagine the engineering teams outfitting and maintaining the TSFs trying to focus with the pilots walking around in these.. xD

It would be like regular people doing their jobs walking in on cast members of Tron xD

1 person likes this

Guys, you can't do a live-action Muv-Luv production without a script! Hold on, gimme a minute.

Spoiler

INT. SCHOOL BUILDING. A guidance counselor sits down with a woman.

COUNSELOR: So, Alice, tell me about this world you came from.

ALICE: It's kind of hard to talk about, ma'am. I...I don't even know if the world I came from was ever real.

COUNSELOR: It's alright, Alice. I'm ready to listen to whatever you have to say.

ALICE: Well, I was a soldier. And I was trying to protect my country from a major security threat, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: What was this threat?

ALICE: Beings of extraterrestrial origin ma'am. Needless to say, they were adversarial. We called them BETA in my world, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Why do you call me ma'am all the time? Is this a holdover from your military training?

ALICE: Yes, ma'am. You were my Commanding Officer in that world, ma'am. And...and you....you....

COUNSELOR: Alice, are you alright?

ALICE: (sobbing) Yes, ma'am! I'm glad you're okay, ma'am! You...you died in my world, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Oh, did the BETA kill me?

ALICE: Yes, ma'am. They...they...ch...cho...

COUNSELOR: It's alright, Alice.

ALICE: Yes, ma'am. Yes, ma'am. It's alright, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Now, Alice, I need you to tell me something. How long have you been in this world?

ALICE: Two weeks, ma'am. My...my parents kept telling me to go to school ever since I got here. I...I had no parents in my original world....

COUNSELOR: I understand, Alice. Tell me, have the people around you suffered any injuries, or memory loss after meeting you?

ALICE: Uh....no ma'am. Everybody I know seems fine here. In my world, most of them.....they died, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: And have you talked about your true world with anyone else?

ALICE: No ma'am. They'd think I was crazy, ma'am. Maybe...maybe I really am....

COUNSELOR: It's alright, Alice. I'm here for you. Now, will you visit tomorrow.

ALICE: Yes, ma'am! Without a doubt, ma'am!

COUNSELOR: Good. We'll see each other then.

As Alice leaves, the Counselor looks on, a grave expression on her face. Once she's alone in her room, she picks up her landline and dials a number.

COUNSELOR: Yuuko, we need to talk.

Muv-Luv: The Other Alternative. Coming Soon! 

1 person likes this

Just now, JakatoX said:

It would be like regular people doing their jobs walking in on cast members of Tron xD

Oh mon Dieu ! *shocked* xD

But yeah, Live Action doesn't necessarily spell doom to me. Obviously, there are quite a few variables to consider but this could turn out to be an interesting venture.

5 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Guys, you can't do a live-action Muv-Luv production without a script! Hold on, gimme a minute.

Reveal hidden contents

INT. SCHOOL BUILDING. A guidance counselor sits down with a woman.

COUNSELOR: So, Alice, tell me about this world you came from.

ALICE: It's kind of hard to talk about, ma'am. I...I don't even know if the world I came from was ever real.

COUNSELOR: It's alright, Alice. I'm ready to listen to whatever you have to say.

ALICE: Well, I was a soldier. And I was trying to protect my country from a major security threat, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: What was this threat?

ALICE: Beings of extraterrestrial origin ma'am. Needless to say, they were adversarial. We called them BETA in my world, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Why do you call me ma'am all the time? Is this a holdover from your military training?

ALICE: Yes, ma'am. You were my Commanding Officer in that world, ma'am. And...and you....you....

COUNSELOR: Alice, are you alright?

ALICE: (sobbing) Yes, ma'am! I'm glad you're okay, ma'am! You...you died in my world, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Oh, did the BETA kill me?

ALICE: Yes, ma'am. They...they...ch...cho...

COUNSELOR: It's alright, Alice.

ALICE: Yes, ma'am. Yes, ma'am. It's alright, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: Now, Alice, I need you to tell me something. How long have you been in this world?

ALICE: Two weeks, ma'am. My...my parents kept telling me to go to school ever since I got here. I...I had no parents in my original world....

COUNSELOR: I understand, Alice. Tell me, have the people around you suffered any injuries, or memory loss after meeting you?

ALICE: Uh....no ma'am. Everybody I know seems fine here. In my world, most of them.....they died, ma'am.

COUNSELOR: And have you talked about your true world with anyone else?

ALICE: No ma'am. They'd think I was crazy, ma'am. Maybe...maybe I really am....

COUNSELOR: It's alright, Alice. I'm here for you. Now, will you visit tomorrow.

ALICE: Yes, ma'am! Without a doubt, ma'am!

COUNSELOR: Good. We'll see each other then.

As Alice leaves, the Counselor looks on, a grave expression on her face. Once she's alone in her room, she picks up her landline and dials a number.

COUNSELOR: Yuuko, we need to talk.

Muv-Luv: The Other Alternative. Coming Soon! 

Spoiler

I don't think regular people going to other Universes would cause their Origin Universe's information to follow them since they aren't Causality Conductors but still that was very well done for a Teaser Trailer script! :)

9 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Oh mon Dieu ! *shocked* xD

But yeah, Live Action doesn't necessarily spell doom to me. Obviously, there are quite a few variables to consider but this could turn out to be an interesting venture.

Yeah I think a Short Webseries would be the best way to go. It doesn't have to be too long or super high on production value but can be good enough to tell an interesting story.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, JakatoX said:
Spoiler

I don't think regular people going to other Universes would cause their Origin Universe's information to follow them since they aren't Causality Conductors but still that was very well done for a Teaser Trailer script! :)

Spoiler

I actually wanted to toy with the idea a bit, which is why when the Counselor asks Alice those questions on memory loss, she says no. But if Alice isn't a causality conductor, what is she? And what does the Counselor know, but isn't telling her? And the reasons for name-dropping Yuuko should be obvious.

It'll be hard to replicate that gundam hair, especially Tama's. To be honest, i'm kinda sceptical about every live action movie based on existing media. Remember G-Saviour? 

11 minutes ago, MRD_orangiseng said:

It'll be hard to replicate that gundam hair, especially Tama's. To be honest, i'm kinda sceptical about every live action movie based on existing media. Remember G-Saviour? 

Trying to adapt the original triology into live action is a horrible idea.

But a spinoff/sidestory with an entirely original character cast can work when provided with a sufficiently strong skript and budget which has to be very high considering that the movie would be quite cgi heavy.

Live action? Bring it on~~~

....well, that's what I would say, but with how some recent production of live action.....let just say I'm a bit skeptical on that...

Haha, that script above though~ Nice one there~~

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, WS Eule said:

Trying to adapt the original triology into live action is a horrible idea.

But a spinoff/sidestory with an entirely original character cast can work when provided with a sufficiently strong skript and budget which has to be very high considering that the movie would be quite cgi heavy.

Or save on the CGI and make a non-eishi film. Alternative Spies, Infantry/normal army personnel, Government stuffs...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mormaethor said:

Or save on the CGI and make a non-eishi film. Alternative Spies, Infantry/normal army personnel, Government stuffs...

Nah....gotta make a mindless action/gore fest with zero character- and storydepth that them mainstream plebs will enjoy. Everything else is lame. /s

EDIT: Fixed because people got butthurt over a joke.

Edited by WS Eule

8 minutes ago, WS Eule said:

Nah....gotta make a mindless action/gore fest with zero character- and storydepth that them mainstream plebs will enjoy. Everything else is lame. /s

As a mainstream pleb, I am thoroughly offended by your condescension. Why can't we stop generalizing about others and just get along?