scottyseng

How did you first get into Muv-Luv?

135 posts in this topic

I saw lots of figurines, pictures and have lotsa friends talking about muvluv over a long period of time but i just never got the interest to just pick it up (despite being a mecha fan). I guess i am just too skeptical for my own good.

Friend randomly linked kickstarter and i decided to read what its offering since i was bored, and was pretty shocked to realize its the no.1 VN of all time on VNDB (I very very VERY rarely play VNs, but i know how great the medium can be for telling good stories, i just cant be bothered to play multiple VNs to find the good ones). So that got me really interested in muvluv and i decided to grab the TSF + physical collectors edition (I collect many gunpla and kotobukiya model kits [mainly armored core and metal gear mechas from koto]).

Interestingly, it was muvluv's kickstarter that got me interested in steins gate too (which i also neglected for the exact same reasons as muvluv) when i found out it was no.2 VN of all time in vndb (and coincidentally, the PS Vita port was released not too long before the muvluv KS). Stein's; Gate is now currently my no.1 favourite anime and VN of all time (I have yet to play any of the muvluv VNs though, waiting for the release =3).

tldr; knew of muvluv for the longest time, KS got me interested.

First I heard about Muv-Luv was thanks to a female friend. She was into untranslated VN's an she knows that I always liked mecha, so she mentioned Muv-Luv to me, I have never heard about Muv-Luv until that moment, and I really liked the mecha design. Just some weeks later Muv-Luv: Total Eclipse started its anime season, so I watched it and really liked the anime, then I moved to the original VN.  

First come across it a few years ago regarding reading about some horror VN novels and I noticed the fanbase was very eager to tell everyone how good it was so I figured they've might just be exhagerating. But after a few hours of reading about the critical acclaim the game got I figured it was something I should get into. So I tried to downoad the first patched up version but I didn't go through with it regarding it was part of a larger story so I quickly forgot about it. Until last year when I heard about the kickstarter. So I know really very little about the game just that it's_really_good. So with that In mind I figured I should joined the Kickstarter. :x And I'm so happy for being part of this 

Found Total Eclipse on Crunchyroll - I've been a "super casual" anime fan for a long time, starting as a child watching Speed Racer on TV in Santa Barbara (circa 1973) and on to Harmony Gold's infamous adaptation of the Macross Saga into "Robotech", then picking up Ghost in the Shell, Jin Roh, Cowboy Bebop, and a few others.  When Total Eclipse ended I started looking for "season 2" and realized that despite leaving it completely open there was none.  That lead me to the kickstarter page (much too late) and then to Steam.

On 11/1/2015 at 0:04 AM, jibzoiderz said:

extra took me 4 weeks to finish ( fuck you lacrosse), unlimited hooked me and alternative blew my mind

What, not like you actually had to play lacrosse....

I read alot of VNs.

I was on Amatseru's website, and had read MOON and Cross Channel, I liked them both alot, so I decided to see what else they had translated. Muv Luv was up there. Hopped over to VNDB and looked at it, thought it seemed decent and the rest is history.

I'm into Muv-Luv because of the fortified suits. I'd get boners whenever I see girls/women in fortified suits. I want Degica/age compromise with cosplay firms such as cosplayhouse, ezcosplay, cosplaysky, cosplaymagic, amazon, aliexpress, eBay, miccostumes, etc to coerce Chinese factories into making the fortified suit cosplays for anyone that wants to wear them. I really want to see female cosplayers wearing the fortified suits in anime conventions really bad! If they don't, then Muv-Luv enthusiasts will be disappointed. They should use this as a guide: 9747149.jpg

With me, it took a long while but I was suckered into it finally after watching "Black Mark". (My german needs SEVERE polishing). At first, I watched some of Total Eclipse; got turned off after Yui became to me at the time, all anti-american. It wasn't tis last month that I rematched the entire series after "Black Mark" and finished Total Eclipse. That and in between, watching all I could on youtube various game films.

I first heard about it from online discussions. I always asked the name for it, but, the caring people on the boards, refused to give it to me. I have to dig online to find it. That is how I first found out about yui and thenjoy series. 

Total ecplise anime. I am big fan anime/scifi/mecha i complete my code geass and i was looking new series. I saw muv luv and thing lets try it. That First lunnar war was so epic and i did fall love with series. That anime was too short and at the time nothing else was not available. I was so hearth broken. Now i did see steam sales there was extra and unlimiten my hope's are back..

Still wanting more muv luv.. that muv luv alternative was amazing! 

Saw the delicious mecha design and followed the series from there on

Age should make or hire someone to make a TSF based mecha action game, those TSF mecha designs are wasted without  it