David

Who would you like to see experience Unlimited/Alternative instead of Takeru? [SPOILERS]

Time loop   28 members have voted

1. 1. [Non-public|Multiple choice] Who would you like to see go through tear jerking despair?

• Another Age protagonist (Hibiki, Narumi etc)
    • Sumika
    • Meiya
    • Chizuru
    • K
    • Miki
    • Mikoto
    • Marimo
    • Yuuko
    • A Valkyrie
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Spoilers for Unlimited/Alternative. You've been warned.

Crazy hypothetical question, but if you could read Muv Luv with a different character time-looping who would you prefer? For me I want to see Marimo loop just so she can experience what its like to be on the other side of chomp (takeru getting chomped).

Edited by David

Man this is a bit of a spoilerific thread title :D. Here are my thoughts anyway: Meiya would be a pretty good candidate. I have a feeling a lot of her values would be challenged if she was in Takeru's position, so it would be interesting to see her character development unfold in my opinion.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, frogtaku said:

Man this is a bit of a spoilerific thread title :D. Here are my thoughts anyway: Meiya would be a pretty good candidate. I have a feeling a lot of her values would be challenged if she was in Takeru's position, so it would be interesting to see her character development unfold in my opinion.

Be honest, do you just want to see a reverse of *that* scene?

@David It didn't cross my mind but now that you mention it that would be pretty weird haha. I doubt she would react like him though.

I don't know, Marimo despite now appearing collected had serious PTSD when younger. I could see a revival of that after seeing Takeru chomped.

And yeah, Meiya would be fairly interesting, even if it would probably end being a terribly depressive story: her compatibility with Yuuko is the worst in those kind of things. I doubt Alternative IV would succeed.

I'd pick Akane. She had a particularly messed up time in the Betaverse that I'd think she'd like to fix if she could.

Spoiler

Add in a fateful encounter with G Guy and finally get them together!

I think Meiya would be the most interesting and Yuuko would be the most boring since shes a convenient plot device  genius and can use her accumulated knowledge and intelligence far better than the remaining cast leading to quick resolution to most conflicts. Not sure if she can handle Sadogashima though.

31 minutes ago, frogtaku said:

I doubt she would react like him though.

She would react similarly only if Takeru kicks her below the belt the same way she did to him. On my end I... kinda want to see what kind of face Takeru would make in that situation.

edit: I take that back actually. Takeru was screaming sumikasumikasumika in that scene, but if Meiya is looping then her "sumika" would be Takeru and the scene will play out like Mitsuki and Takayuki scene from the anime

Spoiler

Mitsuki lost her patience with Takayuki's emo-ness, kissed then slept with him and he immediately got better. Of course Akane later walked in on her naked in his bed and hated her for that but that's a different story.

Edited by David

Like the others, I'd love to see how Meiya would react (as my post on the fan-fiction thread can attest), but I'd find a Sumika loop just as interesting.

Spoiler

Sumika: I'M A BRAIN NOW?! And where's TAKERU-CHAAN?!

Also, Mikoto, mainly because they seem to be switching genders in parallel worlds, so that should be fun.

38 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Also, Mikoto, mainly because they seem to be switching genders in parallel worlds, so that should be fun.

It's implied in Extra that extra!Mikoto is actually a girl in disguise.

Yeeaaah I'd have to say Meiya too, most interesting character and all that.

Sumika would be.....

....well I'd have a lot of questions about that really >:

42 minutes ago, David said:

It's implied in Extra that extra!Mikoto is actually a girl in disguise.

Spoiler

It's even strongly implied by her father in Alternative. My theory is that he is forcing her to act like a boy in Extra-verse. If she had a route, it would probably be a very sad one (though I guess she had it good with that bad end, stuck with Takeru on a boat :D).

I'm on the fence between Paul Radhabinod and Tamase Genjousai as alternative protagonists. Although... Kyouzuka Shizue would certainly make for an interesting main character as well.

For some reason, my mind went straight to Mikoto. I don't know why, but I'mma call shenanigans.

I agree that Meiya would be the most interesting character in this condition, but then I think of Yuuko...

Thinking of Yuuko, she would EXPLOIT the hell out of this! A genius with unlimited time that can do experiment, trail and error again and again with no consequence? This will not be as interesting as other characters' scenario (she wouldn't go through tear jerking despair, she's too smart for that shit), but I believe BETA would be pretty much fucked!!

After all the despair of hopeless struggles, I can imagine myself enjoying humanity stomping BETA with OP tech from infinity time-looped Yuuko...

@David Please edit the title of this thread so that it doesn't contain a spoiler, and insert "(spoilers)" somewhere in the title. I've temporarily changed it so that it doesn't give anything away in the interim. We don't have forum guidelines up yet (they're coming), but this community should be friendly to newcomers.

If anyone sees a spoiler like this feel free to use the report button. I'm not going to use the ban hammer on anyone for something like this, but it helps me and the admins keep things tidy without reading through every single post. :)

9 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

@David Please edit the title of this thread so that it doesn't contain a spoiler, and insert "(spoilers)" somewhere in the title. I've temporarily changed it so that it doesn't give anything away in the interim. We don't have forum guidelines up yet (they're coming), but this community should be friendly to newcomers.

If anyone sees a spoiler like this feel free to use the report button. I'm not going to use the ban hammer on anyone for something like this, but it helps me and the admins keep things tidy without reading through every single post. :)

Someone mentioned the banhammer! The end is nigh!

@PulakK Wait, is that an off-topic post I see?

O3DHIA5.gif

Edit: Now excuse me while I go ban myself for encouraging such behaviour.

3 people like this

Erm... I'm gonna just... Take the reins here...

Umm... So... Uh, someone mentioned Yuuko being the one suffering Looper's Syndrome. Just how OP do you think we'd get from that? Happy ending for all?

8 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Erm... I'm gonna just... Take the reins here...

Umm... So... Uh, someone mentioned Yuuko being the one suffering Looper's Syndrome. Just how OP do you think we'd get from that? Happy ending for all?

You know, from what I've heard about Alternative Yuuko's....ethics, I think Yuuko might be tempted to kill herself, in a manner of speaking. Unless of course, she never comes into contact with her alternate self in which case, yeah, happy ending for all.

TL;DR Extra Yuuko is love, Extra Yuuko is life. And alternative Yuuko's basically the Illusive Man.

48 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

Since this thread has been marked with spoilers does that meant we can discuss spoilers freely without covering it?

1 hour ago, ViciousA said:

After all the despair of hopeless struggles, I can imagine myself enjoying humanity stomping BETA with OP tech from infinity time-looped Yuuko...

Technology doesn't loop with Yuuko. Theory might, but technology and logistics reset every loop and she has a time limit of two years to solve everything.

And she'll never experience despair since her mind is too valuable to be wasted on the battlefield.

I agree that Yuuko might be overpowered:

Spoiler

Coming in the Alt-verse with her groundbreaking theory from the get-go, adjusting fast as hell because "why the hell not, Everett was right!", probably coming up with Takeru's XM3 idea by herself because she is a gamer too. Heck, assuming she works hands in hands with alt!Yuuko it means you basically have a dualcore genius brain with two very different sets of experiences, enabling very creative thought patterns.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Since this thread has been marked with spoilers does that meant we can discuss spoilers freely without covering it?

Just my 2 cents: unless there's a way to circumvent that, people visiting your profile page might be spoiled by reading your activity feed. As of now spoilers aren't hidden in it but there's still a " Spoiler " appearing before the text so there's that.

6 hours ago, jmaisonet said:

I'd pick Akane. She had a particularly messed up time in the Betaverse that I'd think she'd like to fix if she could.

Hide contents

Add in a fateful encounter with G Guy and finally get them together!

I'd totally be okay with this xD

Heck another awesome idea is to have Regular Gouda with his imaginary robot and Space Dimension Knight Tekkumen end up in the BETA-Verse too and team up with G-Guy so they could all be part of some Elite Super Team! Haha

1 hour ago, JakatoX said:

Heck another awesome idea is to have Regular Gouda with his imaginary robot and Space Dimension Knight Tekkumen end up in the BETA-Verse too and team up with G-Guy so they could all be part of some Elite Super Team! Haha

I can't help but shiver at the thought. Gouda is way too close to Jiro Yamada Gai Dagouji from Nadesico for confort. He lived his super robot dream in a real robot setting and was...

Spoiler

Ill fated. Even though it wasn't due to his way of piloting in the anime, his reckless piloting gets him killed in the manga, after a failed heroic sacrifice, ironically.

He dies at the end of the third episode of the anime.

Spoilered for anyone who wishes to watch Nadesico.

4 minutes ago, g-temez said:

I can't help but shiver at the thought. Gouda is way too close to Jiro Yamada Gai Dagouji from Nadesico for confort. He lived his super robot dream in a real robot setting and was...

Reveal hidden contents

Ill fated. Even though it wasn't due to his way of piloting in the anime, his reckless piloting gets him killed in the manga, after a failed heroic sacrifice, ironically.

He dies at the end of the third episode of the anime.

Spoilered for anyone who wishes to watch Nadesico.

Yeah I can understand where you're coming from but I like to think that with their combined efforts and being partnered up with the Ayu-Mayu Alternative team (Who are all Super Pilots within the Alternative-Verse Setting) that Gouda would follow Domon Kasshu's example.

Spoiler

Plus since this has to deal with Interdimensional shenanigans it could follow along the Super Robot Wars route of Nadesico where Gai Daigoji and his Jovian Counterpart both survive their ordeals and are major character's in the SRW equivalent of the Nadesico Movie's plot! ^_^

Spoilered for anyone planning on watching Nadesico or playing Super Robot Wars.

1 person likes this

Now the question, would Gouda be able to fix the alt-verse (at least to the level Takeru did)...or fuck it up more?